the Rift

[PRIVATE] I will haunt you like a ghost

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
to die by your side,
My glazed over eyes watched him carefully, but not in a frightened way, but more curiously. He spoke to me, telling me he didn’t mean to startle me. As the wind whipped against my body again, I only shook my head to him gently. “You’re fine. I just wasn’t expecting anyone up this early other than me.” I bobbed my head as if agreeing with myself, yet also arguing with myself internally at how I could’ve been at least a bit more careful and not woken him up. But that time was over now, I couldn’t change what I had done. It’s not like it was even a serious matter – but every small thing I messed up, sat in my stomach in a pit of regret that I always remembered. Like showing my face near those foals.

I was quickly distracted from my thoughts as he spoke again. His voice was gentle for a creature that looked so strong and swift as he. He said his name was Tilney and I nodded to him, offering him another haphazard smile. He spoke of the Basin and I couldn’t help but to remember hearing of such a place. The mountainous terrain and cold sounded damn near deadly for a creature like me. I began to be pleased with my choice of the Edge though, remembering the white mare that had shown me such kindness. When he finished, I glanced over to the painted waves that were alive with color, before turning my deathly gaze to the creature that looked like he could have come from a fairytale. “Ah, I travel a lot too, Tilney.” And with that, a genuine smile. Perhaps he was a creature that could appreciate such endeavors. Perhaps he could be a friend.

He then asked if I was alright again and I only nodded, a small laugh passing my lips. A feeling of joy vibrating in my chest that I hadn’t felt in many years. It felt odd, a nearly painful sensation of feeling again. “Yes, friend. I’m fine. I’ve just been through a lot. You say you haven’t been back to the Basin in quite some time. I’m not sure how things are going there for you, but the Edge is fairly close if perhaps you’d like to join me on an adventure back there? You might like it.” I said gently to him, stepping forward in strong strides to get closer to him. I stopped when I was within reaching distance of the stag, eyes looking up to catch his green ones. I reached out gently with my grayed muzzle, hoping to feel the warmth and life of another creature I could consider someone I could talk to. “I hope you don’t mind me calling you a friend…” I trailed off slightly, voice growing more hushed and quiet.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Tilney

Messages In This Thread
I will haunt you like a ghost - by Glasgow - 11-24-2015, 12:54 AM
RE: I will haunt you like a ghost - by Tilney - 11-24-2015, 01:16 AM
RE: I will haunt you like a ghost - by Glasgow - 11-24-2015, 01:28 AM
RE: I will haunt you like a ghost - by Tilney - 11-24-2015, 03:21 AM
RE: I will haunt you like a ghost - by Glasgow - 11-24-2015, 03:36 AM