the Rift

[OPEN] The Life Lost [joining]

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

The presence of the Elephantine was so familiar by now that Erthë didn't even question it. They both possessed a certain knack for appearing wherever the other was at the time. Whether because their minds worked in similar fashions or due to some supernatural tampering was irrelevant; more important was that the filly never felt ill at ease in his company, instead welcoming it whenever they crossed paths. Her greeting was as silent as his, a fleeting glance and a return smile that harbored warmth and camaraderie. Some might think it strange for a grown stallion and a filly that barely reached him to the elbow to share any level of understanding. Erthë, for one, never thought that much about it. They were friends; it was as simple as that.

The pale unicorn, alerted to their presence, spoke up and began to explain himself. Erthë tilted her curly haired head as she listened, near colorless eyes trailing over the taught, lean figure and absorbed what she could from not only his words, but the language of the body as well. In the end, his story appeared to stand in conflict with what he appeared to be feeling, or at least that was how she interpreted it. Not that the man, who called himself Hesperos, had to be lying. Just... to her young, unbiased gaze he appeared conflicted beyond what tiredness usually did to people.

If he didn't wish to share his troubles however, she was not going to pry. Though her life had spanned less than a year she was already aware that most people had secrets, things they didn't wish for others to know and more things still that they simply preferred not to discuss. Painful subjects, embarrassing situations, tedious and boring stuff that felt pointless and unimportant and wouldn't bring a conversation further. She had them, Tembu surely had them, and if anything she guessed this person had them to the point where they'd begun to wear on his present existence.

"I too moved here not that long ago" she said, soft vocals extending with some measure of understanding towards Hesperos, a small smile touching her lips as she spoke. "My mother had just passed away, and I was lost and sad. I found solace in exploring the forest, master Hesperos, and purpose by involving myself with the everyday life of the herd. I'm sure you will be able to find a place for yourself as well."

Not that she had forgotten. Neither sadness nor pain had ever truly left her, only faded slightly and fallen to the back of her mind. The memory of her mother's face was something she always carried with her in everything she did and said. Unconsciously it was her voice and words that echoed through the filly's lips, her practical, down to earth and straight forward view of the world that colored Erthë's own actions. Though her outward appearances seemed to have been taken from her father, the inner workings resembled Shadow's in such great amounts that one might begin to wonder whether the mare had reincarnated herself within the daughter.

And still the girl managed to be her very own, free spirit, chipped but yet to be broken by the workings of the world.

"I'm Erthë" she introduced herself, cloven feet carrying her slowly closer towards the regal unicorn in an attempt to bridge the distance between them, expression as mild and nonthreatening as only a child's could be. "Did you live far from Helovia? I've never been outside its borders, what's it like out there?"

Erthë
the      night      is      calling      my      name

image credit

@Tembovu

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
The Life Lost [joining] - by Hesperos - 11-25-2015, 01:22 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Erthë - 11-26-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Tembovu - 11-26-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Hesperos - 11-27-2015, 03:04 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Erthë - 11-27-2015, 06:19 AM