the Rift

[OPEN] The Life Lost [joining]

Hesperos Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hesperos

music

A flutter of flattery moved through his chest at the filly’s deference to him, he making the move to maintain his regal stature. Dignified though he looked it felt like a facade with nothing to back him. Having lost his metaphorical crown there was only a miming to his actions, he feeling a bit false in his attitude. Her openness was disorienting, however; never one to deal well with emotions he was only able to respond with a consolatory nod of his head to her storied past. ”It remains to be seen,” he mused at her suggestion that he’d find his place in this forest.

The questions of his homeland caused his eyes to glaze over as he was once more transported to the warm plains of his youth. ”Sand,” he started, ”As far as the eyes can see. With tall dunes that shift with the winds. To the north there was a wide mountain range of plateaus with only thin passages for travel. It was a hard life,” he explained, ”But a fulfilling one. Herds had to find the few oases that dotted the desert. Of course, there were always roving bands that sought to take them over.” He failed to include that he was in such a band, running down any who opposed their rule.

The notion of this Tembovu, this great beast of a stallion being a warrior gave Hesperos pause. In his lands all were built the same frame as he, with little variation. Carrying too much weight, requiring too much water or sustenance for survival spelled out doom for any that were born in the great plains of sand. As such he’d never met any equine with the build of this other stallion, eighteen hands tall and built with a sturdy frame. He’d longed to build his own herd and seek out lands of his own in this new area but if this was to be his challenger than he’d have to hold off, it seem. His demeanor grew colder towards Tembovu, though he strained to hide it.

”I can’t say I’d be good at much else,” he confessed. The life of a warrior was all he’d known; who’s to say he’d be able to make it as any other sort of creature?

But before he could conquer he must know the domain he inhabited. ”I’ve seen the forest that leads to these lands. And now this place, this World’s Edge. But I don’t like being ill informed of my surroundings. Who else lives around here? What threats should I be wary of? An ambassador of another herd approached me before I departed to this place with Mauja.”

ooc;; added it in my sig! thanks for reminding me lol

you will pray to the god that you always denied
jsbanks42 @flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
The Life Lost [joining] - by Hesperos - 11-25-2015, 01:22 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Erthë - 11-26-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Tembovu - 11-26-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Hesperos - 11-27-2015, 03:04 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Erthë - 11-27-2015, 06:19 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Tembovu - 11-29-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Hesperos - 12-01-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Erthë - 12-02-2015, 12:40 AM