the Rift

[OPEN] The Life Lost [joining]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
Both ears, one of which had been swiveling to survey the forests around them, perk towards Hesperos as his words weave a picture of his sandy homelands. He recognized the glazed eyes, the wistfulness that pervaded his speech— had the King not just recently described his own Dorobo as such to Katerina and Mauja?

But it was strangely familiar to see another stallion, another soldier, speak like he had. It was nearly like looking in a cracked and distorted mirror. Somethings were similar (the vague details of history, the hints of battles), but others (the sand, the dunes) were entirely different.

Thus, he was watching Hesperos closely as the slightly haughty, golden eyes measured his giant body. Did his eyes narrow? Did his demeanor grow stilted towards him? The Elephant could not tell through the mask that suddenly shuttered over the cremello face. Only a mild amount of surprise laced through him— for he had encountered many different reactions to his size. Some intimidated, some appreciate, some outright violent. Though he found the verbosely surprised most amusing.

“I can’t say I’d be food at much else.” The giant cocked his head slightly and gently pursed his lips at such instantaneous surrender in a warrior. Steely blue eyes study him hard for a few moments, measuring the balance in his back, the strength in his haunches, the swiftness of his slender legs. Even the points of his dual gold horns were not left out.

Then his deep voice rolled, rumbling and reproachful, “I suppose you won’t be, with that sort of approach.” He paused, now closely watching the stallion’s face, “But surely, a fine warrior such as yourself from as hard a land as you've described, would be able to excel at whatever he puts his mind to?” Though the words were a question, his low voice rumbled the statement as fact.

The man continues, asking of the surrounding Helovian lands. The King glances toward Erthe then, surprised by her brief answer followed by silence. It is not often that the cold, pearly hybrid holds her tongue. He seeks her gaze in surprise, before turning back to the handsome newcomer, “Erthe has mentioned Dragon’s Throat, to the South under patronage of the fiery Sun God and commanded by an imposing warrior, Guacho, and Megaera, a fiery pegasus mare.” He paused, recalling what Mauja had told him long ago and memories of the Rift battles. “To the east is the Hidden Falls. Generally peaceful to my knowledge, they owe patronage to the Earth God, and are governed by Kaj, of whom I know little, and Archibald, a stallion of stature as large as my own,” a brief smile crosses his thick lips before his face darkens as he considers the last, snow-bound herd. “And, to the north, lies the Aurora Basin. They accept only those of unicorn heritage and are bound in snow and mountains. Ruled by Deimos, who I recommend you do not cross.”

His voice falls silent as he reviewed all he has said. “Ah, and there are lands newly added to Helovia by our gods, themselves. They are for exploring, though given the battles it took to acquire them, perhaps careful explorations would be wise.”
Once more into the fray
credits | table by Neo

@Hesperos

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
The Life Lost [joining] - by Hesperos - 11-25-2015, 01:22 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Erthë - 11-26-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Tembovu - 11-26-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Hesperos - 11-27-2015, 03:04 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Erthë - 11-27-2015, 06:19 AM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Tembovu - 11-29-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: The Life Lost [joining] - by Hesperos - 12-01-2015, 09:03 PM