the Rift

[OPEN] beside the lions and the ladies (Welcoming)

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
“My King, I have brought someone seeking a home!” The words of a vaguely familiar voice float through the mists into the resting ears of the Elephant. They twitch as one, blue eye opens, peering at his surroundings. His colossal form is down, thick legs tucked beneath his black-marked barrel. His head stirs, muzzle lifting from the grass as he fully opens his eyes, ears swiveling to pinpoint the source of the call while eyes blink rapidly in accommodation of the light.

Though he recognized the voice, he could not say exactly who it belonged to. With a small groan and a great shaking of earth, he heaved his heavy body to his hooves. A rough snort and shake sent particles of grass and dirt flying from his wiry coat. Duty called.

To further wake himself, he began a slow jog in place of a walk to approach the calling equines. It made quick work of the distance as he threaded through the trunks, finally approaching the glass-speckled ground that marked the border of the Edge. He had thought he, Alysanne, and Anzanie had cleaned the glass. Though it seemed that they only remove the large pieces, for everywhere he turned more fields of small shards met his eyes.

Ignoring the small annoyance, he rose his gaze from the glass razors to the mares and stallion who stood just inside them. “Glasgow,” he nods slightly in greeting as he finally is able to place a face to the calling voice. Perhaps now he would be able to remember it.

The other two unicorns were impressively antlered— and the King found that he was growing envious of such extraordinary racks the more he encountered them in Helovia. Naturally he recognized the slender and beautiful form of Arah, who delightedly seemed in much better spirits and health than when she first arrived to the Edge.

He did not recognize third equine— though it was apparent that Arah did, as she nipped and tucked herself securely beneath his own, tree-marked neck. He was surprised by brief flare of jealous that hit his barrel. He had met the beautiful mare only once, how could he be possessive of her affections? Perhaps a broken heart had made him reckless and quick with his attachments.

Fighting the urge to pin his ears in irritation at himself, he simply greeted the lovely, pale mare with a dip of his great ebony horn. He then turned his dark blue stare to ‘Tilney,’ as Arah had called him. Curiosity entered their expressive depths as studies the lantern hanging from the tines, “That’s quite the useful beacon, my finely antlered friend.” A small, lopsided smile turned the corners of his thick lips up.

“I am Tembovu, King of the Edge,” his low voice rumbled as he slowly, which each syllable, become more comfortable introducing himself as such, “And I don’t think there will be a day when we turn a healer away from our herd.” A true grin crosses his pale muzzle, “So I welcome you to the Edge. But, tell me, is there a reason you seek to join us?”

@Glasgow @Tilney

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: beside the lions and the ladies (Welcoming) - by Tembovu - 11-26-2015, 03:22 PM