the Rift

[o] Faking Glory

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Alune the Philosopher

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

The night was a soothing blanket upon the lunar sentinels back, it brought to life his star marked pelt beneath the Goddess' soft light and coaxed his horn to glow ever brighter in her presence. He wandered with purpose, deep wells of moonstone cast their keen sight out in front of him while luminescent strands of pure silver caught on the night winds, he searched and searched. A moon warden with a unfufilled purpose in the dark night, his glow lit where the moon could not touch with her own.

The threshold was a bittersweet location that rolled off his tongue and in his mind, he had gone back to search for Hera's mother and so far his attempt had turned up nothing but the taste of disappointment and sadness upon his tongue. This elusive maiden was just that, a ghost traversing in the mist. A current beneath a churning ocean. A story  to be told around the warmth of the hearthfire — she was gone, he concluded with a heavy heart.

He wondered if Edgar and Elsa had already reached that answer as well. The moon warden's purpose in the Threshold disintegrated with the saddened thought.

The soft sound of voices caught the philosopher's attention, ears perked forward to catch their location. The journey might not have been all for nothing, large azure hooves carried him swiftly toward the source. Judging by the various tones, there was at least a stallion and a mare at the gathering. Prehensile tail pushed away stray branches from the thick brush in his path and he ducked his head low to avoid a low hanging branch.

"I'm sure our feathered friend did not mean to offend you, milady." His voice called out, the sentinel's tone is warm and full of mirth. He entered the clearing a moment later, he kept a respectable distance from the two mares and his gaze lingered on the Stallion. It appeared that many in Helovia did not share his titanic height, the only other that he had met had been Tembovu. Helovia indeed was a strange place, filled with delicate things untouched by the forces that had altered his homeland.

"I am Alune, philosopher to the Moon Goddess." He introduced, unmistakable fondness in his voice for the Moon, head nodding to the death marked mare and then to the one who she kept guard of. "I'm sure he was referring to the many times new comers get lost in this forest, I myself was one of them not too long ago," pale lips pull into an amused smile with the thought, "they often need to be shown the way out of this threshold, and many of us come to also offer homes." Alune explained and lapsed into momentary silence, he had not seen this stallion at the Edge before, he would have remembered such a fiery colored beast. He was from another herd then, or perhaps just a wanderer himself.

"I come from the World's Edge, whose patron is the Lady Moon herself. It is a land of deep forest  peppered with rocky springs and sheer cliff pastures. It is more often that not covered in the thick fog that rolls in from the ocean in the early hours." He allowed the words to sink in before he finally added. "If you are in need of a home, or a place to rest, the Edge would be honored to extend a place for you both."

Image Credit

@Dagger @Rift @Cloak
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Messages In This Thread
[o] Faking Glory - by Dagger - 11-25-2015, 07:04 AM
RE: [o] Faking Glory - by Rift - 11-25-2015, 03:51 PM
RE: [o] Faking Glory - by Cloak - 11-25-2015, 11:35 PM
RE: [o] Faking Glory - by Alune - 11-26-2015, 11:02 AM