the Rift

A Wonderful Celebration(any welcome!)

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

THE one who goes by Eldala gazes around the new forest with thinly veiled disdain. There were no mountains or ocean views here, only tangled brush. /What a way to spend one's second year celebration/ Her body, bearing Arabian hints, begins to move through the thinnest parts of the brush, looking for something to drink.

Back home there would have been a feast today in her honor. A huge feast, filled with with berries,cakes, fruits, grains, and wine. The Sky Fire's rise would have brought offers of mating contracts and gifts of cloth and jewels.

/No, stop./ She chides herself. /That is all gone now./

She is not feasting but in a dreary forest that makes her nose turn up at its smell. This was her place now, not that other one, the one of sorrows. Finally, her sapphire gaze alights on a creek and she is able to lower her peak to slurp in the cool liquid. Eldala yields momentarily, her disdain, to allow that at least the water tasted good in the forest. Too late, she smells the recent scents belonging to others and anxiety briefly floods the creature. It had been many days since the sack of her herd which had, to her knowledge, left all others dead. However, that knowledge was hardly a comfort to the young mare. She was no imbecile and she knew that remaining careful was her best path. /Well, if I'm going to be bothered today, I may as well manage some food first./ Briefly, a red flash catches the her peripheral and blue eyes brighten at the sight of some berries. Perhaps she could have a small celebration after all. The small head moves from the creek to the nearby berry bush and begins sniffing it with deep skepticism. Her young structure stands upon a thick bed of moss just as the sky fire begins to rise on the horizon. 

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

The Threshold. Her mind whispers to herself and to Phrixus, who flies above in swift zigzags ahead of the jogging unicorn. They move move with near silence amongst the hardwoods and emerald carpet. The path is worn down into the earth, almost sunken in, lined with soft green moss and curled oaken roots. She navigates the terrain beautifully, with utmost familiarity, she knows this territory like the scars across her marbled hide and her feathered companion knows their skies just as well. Open and blue, the bird some how disappearing into the cerulean mass as he floats over the tree tops.

Their arrival is unceremonious, quiet and subtle. The breeze kisses the pale unicorn's pink nose, bringing to her nostrils a sweet, perfumed smell. A woman. Ah, what luck. First try and she smell's a loner. Go see, love. She does not have to look at Phrixus when the thought finds him, she knows he receives her communications clearly now. The is much stronger at his high elevations and as he climbs he fights the lean of the strong winds and their thick currents flowing to the Northeast. It doesn't take him long at all to find her tan skin and white tasseled tail. She is in fact alone and the images are projected back to Tangere. She is already traveling toward them, the loud purrs and cooing of Phrixus to guide her. It takes her no time at all and when she pours into the small thicket the pale bird is clutching her withers.

NO!” She's sure she has been detected already but if not certainly her screams would betray her approach. “Those will char your insides, burning you slowly from the inside until you cannot possibly recover without strong magic.” She slinks toward the mare, leaving a few feet between them, a fine place to observe the lone unicorn. Phrixus keeps his hard blue eyes trained on the stranger, expressionless and focused on her every move. “Here,” She speak through a charmed grin, spinning on her heels and letting her pink lips fall down amongst the roots and fungus. “Coldtongue leaves and berries.” She offers it from her own pink lips to the mare's, a rather intimate gesture, something that goes unnoticed by the mare. She lives in close quarters with many, close to a few, being so physically close does not register as awkward for her. The berries that dangle from the long stemmed, many leafed branch are white and fat. Oblong like a funny grape. There are many amongst the heart shaped foliage, which is rough and veined, some have even started turning purple at it's tips. She speaks through the vegetation she offers. “They feel good to chew, good in the belly, ...good for you.” Borderline mumbling due to the obstruction. She offers it more insistently now.

…..
[The “Coldtongue” plant is meant to be a Helovian native plant that is much like a spearmint plant. Minty is the cold feeling. The rest of it's attributes are completely fictional. I like to have fun with the plant thing.]

Image By PSILO!

@Eldala

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris

This is something
All or nothing

RIFT

The sun had cast enough heat over the Eastern reaches of Helovia that Rift had sought shelter beneath the trees of the Threshold. Eyes drifting upward to view the thick network of interlaced branches, the scarlet pegasus watched as birds flitted between boughs, their birdsong trickling down in a broken symphony of sound. Lowering his gaze back to the rutted deer path that he had found himself following, the stallion stepped carefully around a thorn-encrusted bush. The last thing that the lanky gent needed was an infection.

Suddenly, there was a cry in the near distance, the feminine voice was full of panic and caused the feathered rogue to halt in shock. In his short time, he had never known the Threshold to be anything but welcoming. But, He chided himself, Danger can lurk around any shadow. He had barely finished the thought before he was off, thin legs carrying him swiftly through the trees and shrubbery toward the voice. 

As he neared, the scent of other equines filled his nose, identifying the creature or creatures as female. Bursting forth through the low-hanging boughs of a sapling, Rift found himself nearly nose-to-nose with a pair of mares. Eyes widening, the surprise was apparent on his face for a moment before he remembered to compose himself. Straightening and arranging his expression into one of polite interest, Rift filled the relative silence.

"I apologize, I hope I didn't intrude," He offered a sheepish grin, "I'm Rift, are you ladies new to Helovia? If so, I would be more than glad to show you around, and if no, my offer still stands." Jeweled eyes switching between the two pairs before him, the ruddy gent hoped that he wouldn't be met with aggression yet again. 

words: ### | tag: @Eldala @Tangere | notes: oops

All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo

IMAGES of berries and sugared plums dance around in the fem's skull as she decides the slightly spicy smell emanating from the berries seems delicious. The small white maw is about to close around some when rustling to her left grabs her attention. The entire structure of the mare catapults at least a foot into the air as a stranger bursts from the bushes screaming, "NO!".

Its a few stunned moments of blinking silence before Eldala realizes the stranger, a mare, is explaining something about the berries not being safe to eat. The young one subtly cocks her peak and looks the mare up and down while she speaks. /Well muscled. Which is all the better as that scream was bound to have attracted any number of creatures. Skyfire. / Still wary, she supposes it would be a good idea to keep the unicorn in good humor. Glancing back at the berries, she speaks in politely in a bright tone, "I suppose I should thank you for saving me from such a fate. I don't know what I would have done had I eaa-gghhf" she stops short as her head had turned back to find the mare a hair's breath away. /This is markedly awkward./

Proffering some new type of berry and, judging by the gagged words coming from the mare, Eldala assumes these berries were the safe option to the burning-berries-of-death. /Well, at least she's very kind and helpful, this one...if not a bit doltish./  But really, did this mare expect her to just eat anything before the young fem even knew the newcomer's name?

Wearing a wide-eyed, yet still polite, face the hazelnut mare is just about to emit a response when she hears some shuffling. "I apologize, I hope I didn't intrude." says a deep voice. Blue optics dart sideways without moving the attached head, a winged stallion. /Fuck/  "Oh! Uhhh, its...its not what it looks like." She takes a step back from the mare to look at the stallion. Or try, at least, since the sky fire had decided to obstruct part of her vision. Squinting against the light she hears the utterance "I'm Rift, are you ladies new to Helovia? If so, I would be more than glad to show you around, and if no, my offer still stands." /That has got to be the cheesiest pick up line I've ever heard./ A second later it hits her that he thinks they're a couple. /Oh, this is really turning into a fantastic day/ She looks between the two and shifts her weight a bit, feeling slightly overwhelmed. As she does, the sunlight moves from her eyes she notices his nervous smile and all she can do is keep her eyes from rolling. /Really, must we all be so awkward?/  In attempt to get the situation under control, she composes herself, "Thats a rather kind offer, Rift. I am new to, uh, Heloiva, and...uh, I'm pretty sure she already lives here like yourself. She saved me from eating some poison berries a moment ago." Her voice is slightly rushed to get everything out and, too late, she remembers she's forgotten to give him her name. "I'm Eldala." She tacks on. /Oh really, run me through with my own horn now./

-Pixel by Niki-

non omnis moriar

The moment she leaned inward she could feel the warm air go prickly. She laughs at the girl and her awkwardness and simply sets the herbs aside. If her body was capable of throwing a shrug from her shoulders she would, but alas, she just keeps her quaint smile and looks on as she senses a response from the mare. Suddenly they are interrupted and a stallion oozes from the treeline. At first he did not seem at all a threat of being an annoyance – in fact, her attentions drew to the unicorn who shrieked and immediately declared that it wasn't what it looked like...

Huh?

Her lips quirked and her ears bent unevenly, one on each stranger, flashing a quick 'what the fuck does that mean?' sort of look to the creamy female at her side. The stallion quickly swallows up the focus the patched mare can muster, her twitching bird still staring at the peculiar female. Am I knew? She burst into laughter, erupting and uncontrollable, letting her head hang with the exertion of her extensive chuckling. She can smell the desert on him – the crisp air, always very clear smelling (if that can even be a thing). The ancient tree emits a certain aroma, one no other place in Helovia possesses besides that disgusting desert. Her bones rattled at the thought of her cold mountains melting into burnt granules of their former selves. What a nightmare.

So. Basically this guy is here to sweep some girl off of her feet and whisk her away to the dirty desert. She mulls this thought over while her muddy eyes tilt every which way over his body, her ears perking up in unison as she does so. “No honey,” She giggles playfully, sighing for the dramatic effect, “I am from the Basin.” She nods to him, hiding her eyes behind long pale lashes as she slowly dips her head to him. A curtsy, she supposes. Something she's done since childhood when meeting an outsider, of a different family than her. Her eyes turn to the mare, “I am Tangere and you may follow me back to home, if you're interested. It's a place of snowy mountains, lush meadows and an everlasting, unfreezing lake. Among many other things, like a tight family and a strong militia. ” Her throat clears and her body gains a better posture than before, her eyes briefly drifting over the stallion and then back to the mare. “I am a healer-in-training there.” Phrixus concludes her sentence by taking flight and burrowing in the pines above their heads.

Image By PSILO!

<33
@Eldala @Rift

Hidden Account
Eris

This is something
All or nothing

RIFT

The sheepish grin that had stuck to his lips began to curl into one of happiness; he had never lived in a place where others were kind enough to save their mammalian brethren from a poisoning. He nodded to both Eldala and her companion, parting his lips to reply when a chiming sound filled the area. The ivory mare had begun to laugh manically, causing Rift to fear for her sanity. 

He would be lying if he said that he was not relieved as she denied the status of newcomer, he didn't know how well his Sultan and Sultana would take on to a lunatic amongst their ranks. Tilting his head to the side in a curious fashion, the scarlet brute listened carefully to what the horned lady said, the straightening of her posture and exclamation of her rank not lost on the ruby gent; it was clear that the snowy lass was proud of her home. 

Rift waited a beat before adding his own voice to the mix, keeping his tone markedly even if not cautious, "Well met, Eldala and Tangere." A grin punctuated the statement as his eyes shifted between the two, "I would like to extend a welcome on behalf of myself and the entirety of my herd; you have found Helovia." It had not been long since the brute had heard those same words and found himself whisked away to safety and family. The only thing that the stallion could truthfully say that he regretted was the fact that he had not stumbled upon the continent sooner. 

"I have come to offer a home to you as well. I hail from a herd to the South known as the Dragon's Throat, the land is an island oasis and it's weather is warmer than that of the Aurora Basin." He hoped that he would not offend the ivory mare with his words, but how angry could she get over the truth? "You would live alongside pegasi, unicorns like yourself, equines, and alicorns; our family is a hearty mix of individuals." 

He couldn't help but chuckle a bit as he spoke, his mind's eye alighting on the beautiful mix of creatures that he could now proudly claim as his family. "Of course, if you prefer the company of your own kind, the Aurora Basin offers only those of the unicorn race within it's borders..." Trailing off, Rift fought to keep the frown from his face and keep the cruel honesty from his words; that the Aurora Basin contained a largely racist population, and that there were rumors that one of the most discriminatory of their ranks was their own leader. 

Swallowing thickly at the thought, Rift forced him self to focus on the matter at hand. 

words: ### | tag: @Eldala @Tangere | notes: oops

xoxo

AS Eldala steps back from the mare she notices the confused glance and rolls her eyes a bit. The young fem sets her mouth and pointedly looks at the mare whilst raising her brows, as if to say, 'Omg, really?'. /Let that one sink in there, hopefully.../

To her relief, the scarlet stallion's nervous grin slackens to a kind smile..that is...until the mare begins to giggle manically. He doesn't seem to get what about his initial statement has been so amusing. For some reason, that doesn't annoy the hazelnut mare as much as it might have. But oh, the other mare's reaction was priceless.

Clearly having some fun with the stallion(at least, it would be obvious to a mare), the older mare continues. "No honey, I am from the Basin" Though she knows its hardly charitable, a smile teases at the corners of her maw, in spite of her best efforts. She really had to give the lady points for creativity. That head bob. /Ok, so she's not AS simple as I'd thought./

The following words from both the present creatures are what Eldala had been waiting for. And explanation as to where she was and offers to join an Empire. Though clearly, they just called them herds here. Both had positives. She needed warmth to keep her from having horribly ugly hair but somewhere small sounded like a better place to recover and gain one's bearings. Besides, she rather enjoyed the sarcastic older mare, apparently called Tangere. The stallion hadn't particularly made himself look too good either after badmouthing another herd. A brief moment passes, with the young fem's peak cocked to the side, "Thank you both for the offer. However, I think I shall have to go with Tangere." Turning directly to Rift, her voice takes on a bright tone, "Your herd sounds wonderful, but I feel as if something small is a good place to begin in a new land. I would still love to visit and have someone to explore this new land with."

She was far too pleased with herself for managing to go an entire encounter with someone without being an asshole. It was hardly common. She was about to follow the mare when she paused. The poor stallion had tried quite hard. What harm would a little flirtatious sass be? She reached down and chomped on a Coldtongue berry before bouncing over to Rift. Once there she reached out and booped him on his nose with her own, the tingly feeling from the berry transferring to him. As soon as she was done she giggled and bounded away after Tangere, exclaiming, "See you soon!" as she went.

Stock by ForsakeWolf and EquineUNL(will have these on the photo soon, just forgot)

OOC: If you guys want to do replies go for it! I think it'd be cute to see how Rift responds. But if not I'll just assume Eldala went to the Basin. Idk who makes the welcoming post though so I'll wait.lol

-Pixel by Niki-

non omnis moriar

She watches him carefully as he speaks, the words oozing from his red lips like cold oil. Her bright brown eyes flicker against the dimming light of the evening, she gets distracted with it's dancing all over his feathered appendages before snapping back to focus at the last few words he utters. Once he was done talking, blabbering, she chortles again at his dimwitted innocence. He has slipped in the racism thing and is pretty sure he's clever for it. They always play that friggin' card. Bastards. She sighs sarcastically, but says nothing. In fact she cannot defend it – it's a fact. If she could listen into on his inner thoughts and his further accusations she would be glad to set him straight, but what was said aloud is very true and not debatable. She lets it go and slides her eyes back to the girl of sun-bleached gold as she spoke of her final decision. Tangere nods, ignoring the boy all together and spun on her heels to trot off toward home, her bird swooping down to soar after her with a loud screech.

She can hear the patter of Eldala's feet scamper back in the other direction, suddenly. A smirk twitches across her lips. Ah, that's cute. At least the poor boy gets something from his hunt. She does not turn to look but only bends a delicate steely gray ear to listen. Her pace slows to a walk until Eldala catches up once more and then she quickens again, a light jog toward the cold breezes of the north. “We will have to travel all night, are you okay with that?” Just as her voice trails off, dampened by footsteps, the pale raven floats silently by the mare's side for a moment before picking up speed and altitude to fly ahead. Threats, my love. Watch ahead for us.

It's mid-day now so we should be there by dawn tomorrow if we do not stop for more than a few minutes at a time.” She says this so calmly as she looks at the path ahead, one that disappears into the dense trees toward the jagged peaks of the north.

Image By PSILO!

@Eldala
i'll post a welcoming thread in the basin for her <333
btw RIFT IS ADORABLE, he should meet macaria <3

Hidden Account
Eris

This is something
All or nothing

RIFT

As the palomino lass voiced her decision, a polite smile unfurled over the ruddy stallion's lips and he gave a nod of acknowledgement. It was not often that unicorn newcomers could resist the mystery of Helovia's Northern regions. His voice held a certain disappointment when he addressed Eldala, "Of course, I will appreciate your future company." he was glad to see that she seemed genuine in her offer, though he hoped that she wouldn't forget him and his hope for friendship. 

Turning his head toward the rather off-putting Basin mare, Rift's lips parted to bid her farewell when he found himself looking instead at her retreating rump. He quickly averted his eyes and pinned them to his hooves, his gut wrenching in an uncomfortable manner; he had never been one for attraction outside of his beloved Mitzi and that hadn't changed despite the months that had passed. In fact, Rift presently found that he rarely thought of females as anything other than potential friends, with Naerys being his one exception. 

The chocolate splattered filly was more than his friend, she was his adopted sister. 

Swishing his tail against his flanks, the stallion made sure that the mares had exited his field a vision before returning his gaze to eye-level. A sigh of relief escaped him as he saw no more of the two; they were going to make a very perplexing pair of friends, there was no doubt in the stallion's mind about that. Flaring his wings and looking skyward, the ruby tinged gent adjusted his location so that he wouldn't fly into trees upon takeoff. Flexing his muscles and leaping forward into the air, Rift gave a few powerful downstrokes before finding himself above the treetops. 

Tilting forward, the stallion sped off into the clouds, thoughts of Tilney and Ranjiri on his mind. 

words: ### | tag: @Eldala @Tangere | notes: oops

xoxo