the Rift

[OPEN] I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground.
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away,
In the good they'll never know."

Iona hated this weather, almost as much as she hated the damn mist.  The water beaded on her large black wings and rolled off the tips of her flight feathers.  Rain and mist clung to her tangled mane and tail, sending a chill through her.  She didn’t have the benefit of a large layer of body fat for warmth, so she pulled her wings closer to her sides in a futile effort to keep her body heat from escaping.  She couldn’t help but think that winter this year was going to be a real bitch if this was any indication.  Then again, Iona wasn’t known for her radiant optimism.

The painted mare had been up to her usual tricks the night previous.  Iona wasn’t one for jewelry and baubles, though she had quite a penchant from removing them from persons unaware. It was all too easy when she had seen the bracelet sitting there on the ground, unprotected.  Now that she had the thing, she wasn’t entirely sure what to do with it.  So, for the time being, she stashed it away beneath a wing.  It wasn’t worth trying to fly in this weather.  She could, but she’d be drenched before she could breech the low clouds.

She made her way back towards the interior of the Edge on foot, frowning somewhat as the earth underfoot steadily turned to slick mud.  Iona skipped over the glass and made her way through the forest.  It was early yet, still quiet.  Even though she’d been up for the better part of the night, fatigue had yet to set in.  She’d been doing better at keeping busy, lately.  It kept her mind from traveling back in time – back to the past.  She knew she couldn’t go back now.  She had to look ahead.  Wasting time worrying about a past she was powerless to change wasn’t going to get her very far at the end of the day.  The future here, however, was finally starting to looking promising.

And speaking of promising.  ” Erthë!” Iona called, spotting the little bundle of white poking through the trees.  She was surprised to see the girl so early, but not surprised at all to see her investigating  something.  ”Are you looking for something?” the painted pegasus asked as she drew nearer to the girl, wondering what she was up to.

”How’s the flying been going? she added, wondering if the filly had managed to get those wings of hers figured out.

I O N A

image credits || Tags:

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've still got a lot of fight left in me - by Iona - 12-12-2015, 06:16 PM