the Rift

[OPEN] eat your demons [joining]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
the high indifference some fall fate; but we had names more intimate 

Was it .. possible?

Isopia did try her best to be observant. It was her saving grace around others, this ability of hers to read the creases on their faces, and the shifting of their weight. She interpreted, correctly in most instances, and it gave her insight as to the mental states that their veiled words failed to reveal. So she assumed, and justified, and considered. So far, it had gotten her much farther than trying to decipher the odd, enigmatic, and heavily improper words that many used in their regular dealings with others. It was as though she was trying to see through the words they used to describe their thoughts, into their actual thoughts, as described by their bodies.

And right now..

Alarm bells, of a somewhat soothing kind, were ringing in her mind. Something told the girl that Nymeria wore a suit, just as surely as she did. That her intentions and beliefs were masked by her outward appearance, and that all she saw was merely a show. Some meager attempt at showmanship and facsimile, so as to pass unassumingly through life. Do you see through them as I do? Do you hate them? Are you better, as I am better?

Is it just her marking?

Could the demi-goddess, so steadfast in her abilities, really have been swayed by mere likeness? Was it that she and Nym shared a common marking, or was it what the marking was of? Were all who bore and brandished death so easily, of the same mind set?

Are you like me?

Afraid to reveal the inner psychopathic tendencies she tended to harbour, as Kaj had taught her, the girl shelved her curiosity about the death-marked mare.

"Almost everything is possible." She said casually, recalling Kaj's teachings about her existential musings, and biting her lip slightly to keep herself from lecturing about possible-word semantics. "And in your case, all you need to do is keep talking. I live here - and have since it was taken over a few seasons past. I am the Storyteller of the Hidden Falls."

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
eat your demons [joining] - by Nymeria - 11-28-2015, 01:22 AM
RE: eat your demons [joining] - by Isopia - 11-28-2015, 03:50 PM
RE: eat your demons [joining] - by Nymeria - 11-29-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: eat your demons [joining] - by Isopia - 12-01-2015, 10:29 PM
RE: eat your demons [joining] - by Nymeria - 12-01-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: eat your demons [joining] - by Isopia - 12-02-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: eat your demons [joining] - by Nymeria - 12-02-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: eat your demons [joining] - by Isopia - 12-11-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: eat your demons [joining] - by Nymeria - 12-12-2015, 12:51 PM