the Rift

I've seen better days [OPEN]

Cherub Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

C H E R U B
Fly, open up the part of you that wants to hide away

"Damn it's cold."
The words escaped from that of a pink snipped ashen mug. The small stud kicked grumpily through the thick layers of snow beneath him. I've never felt a colder winter than here. Cherub continued with such thoughts along with trudging gait that gave own mood away. If it wasn't for the fact that it had been nearly four months since he'd been alone, and the unforgiving itching at his shoulders from the feathers growing back into his wings, this dainty arab would have been acting just as delicate as he appearance made him off to be. He was quite weak after all, and too tired to hold up normal giddy mood. A sudden groan echoed in the silence of trees around him from belly that had lacked proper filling since the cold had set in. It made him jump a little, and Cherub felt embarrassed that such a thing had frightened him. Dished skull swung back to nudge at his flank that called to him, lips parting to let teeth relieve him of some itching from ghastly wings. His ribs were beginning to shoe the sight forced him to continue on his way through unknown forest, gaze now drifting upwards towards the bright gleaming sky. Chocalate orbs squinted before redirecting their sight forward, hoping to find any vegetation worth consuming. Still, nothing yet poked out of the new snow fall, and the trees were bare. "Where in hell am I that the start of FrostFall is so harsh?" Cherub spoke out his thoughts as if to take away from the silence that caused him to be so lonesome. He hadn't even a thought that his speech held no manners to any who he might so hopefully fall upon.

[Image: 8065966445_db4da12fb3_z.jpg]

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

FrostFall had set in, and snow had begun to cover the ground. Kiara found herself moving about more and more, seeking warmth. The Qian had seemed to gain World's Edge at a perfect and not so perfect time. The Edge was cold, even colder the closer you went to the cliff. The young roan found more and more each day that she traveled south, down closer to Helovia's Heart and Dragon's Throat. The thought of the desert of course made her think of the one who lived there, Breeze. The appoloosa and quarter horse mix could not keep a smile from her face or the sparkle from her emerald green eyes when he was on her mind. What were these strange emotions she felt for the young knight? She would figure it out at some point but for now there was work to be done. The Qian would need larger numbers now that they had a herd. The all unicorn herd they had exiled surely would not allow it without trying to fight back when they could.

It was then she heard a voice, a male voice. Her body tensed and she became nervous. However she focused, imagining Akaith on her back or Madryn and Maskan walking with her. Neither of those seemed to steady the fem as much as the thought of Breeze sweeping in and standing beside her. Yes. He truely was a comfort to the flighty young dove. The male voice was heard again, this time more clearly. "Where in hell am I that the start of FrostFall is so harsh?" Slowly she stepped from the trees and spoke calmly. "You have entered Helovia. The Goddess of the Moon and God of the Earth have banished the God of the Sun from his throne for the extreme heat we had in an extended TallSun. Now he limits the heat we have in FrostFall." It was a simple enough explanation. Now for the part she normal did not extend to those she bareky knew. "I am Kiara, of the World's Edge herd... You are?" Wow! It felt amazing to say she was from a herd.... Had a place to belong rather than the Qian living among other herds and in the Deep Forest. Now she just had to wait on the small winged stallion before her to answer....

"Speak speak"

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The chill of Frostfall attempted to enter the very bones of the smallish raven mare that wandered towards the Threshold. She was lucky, for the magic that darkened her soul enabled her to create flames from within a powerful draconic fire-belly. Even now, in her equine bodice, she found warmth with relative ease, what with the magical, soul-binding bond she held with the majestic golden queen, Akaith. The World's Edge was relatively north in the world of Helovia, and though it held thousands of trees, they stood tall and strong - but naked of their leaves, and there was great patches where the lands still healed from the tantrums of the Sun God. The Sun God, who was apparently absent now, in the depths of winter.

As harsh and drought-ridden as TallSun was, it seems FrostFall will be as deep, and dark. The thoughts were shared in that magical bond that combined the souls of the equine and dragon, and the mare knew she was lucky to be able to find warmth in her land, that really should be feeling the same freezing conditions as the rest of the world. But a dragon's flame, when directed with care, could melt away the snows, provide fresh water, and find what was left of the autumn growth of grasses. The mare was not in the same condition she would be in the midst of Spring, but she was fairing better than she would have been had the walk of an Outcast still be calling her. Having a permanent land to all her own was something she had missed without even realising it, the World's Edge was the Goddess of the Moon's patron land, a land as close to her birthland as she had ever found.

And she had the Qian to keep her company, to help her build the land into a stronghold of peace and equality. A soft snort erupted through her nostrils, as snow swirled around her form. The pale, powdery substance stirred up as she walked. No cloak of shimmering, illusionary magic slung around her shoulders, today she walked, slowly healing, mending from the battle she herself had waged. Scars of deep lacerations were scabbing up along her hide, but she was otherwise clean, the bruises upon her ribs were nothing more than aches if she stood still for too long. Of course, the emotional wear and tear upon her soul had barely begun to heal.. The guilt she carried troubled her still, but she was always good at ignoring such things as emotions. She walked the Threshold now, with purpose, determination - but showing nothing more than passive indifference.

Ears pricked as familiar tones graced them, tilting towards the dulcet tones of the young roan femme Akaith had so enjoyed riding upon the back of. Even now, as Akaith recognised the youthful song of Kiara, she surged forth with a curious whisper of song and greeted the young belle, happily making herself at home atop the strawberry roan's withers. Mirage was soon to follow, more than pleased to see the young mare out and about. The charred mare sidled up to her young friend, and gave her a silent nod of greeting - but nothing more. The WeyrLeader was subtle in her ways, and intended on keeping herself and her title quiet, until such a suitable time came as to reveal it. The mare with liquid golden eyes observed this chestnut pegasus carefully, having never seen one like himself before - a pegasus clearly incapable of flight. Even Akaith's wings were larger than his. But her gaze did not linger long, her clear, golden eyes soon focussed upon his face, and her voice made to orchestrate a kind melody of introduction.

"I am Mirage, and this is Akaith. Welcome to Helovia."

Unregistered

C H E R U B

The sudden voice that came along with appearance of an appaloosa equine before him, was all but enough to send the stud running in the other direction. Instead for appearances sake, he settled himself down enough to release surprise into a crow hop, as wings fluttered nervously at his shoulders. Wide eyed, and nares flaring, Cherub listened to the rest of the speech this encounter had offered him before retaining any information about her, as to respond as normally, and not frightened seeming as he could. After all, he had been so lucky to be found by a mare, no current physical status could keep him from flirting like the obnoxious bachelor he was. "You have entered Helovia. The Goddess of the Moon and God of the Earth have banished the God of the Sun from his throne for the extreme heat we had in an extended TallSun. Now he limits the heat we have in FrostFall." Helovia? The flawed pegasus had heard tale of the land from bachelors travelling from the west, and even more unbelievable ones from those who lived in the northern area he'd grown up in. Still, things like Gods and war didn't seem fathomable enough to be anymore than myth and exaggeration. "Eh? So Gods can be banished as well? What kind of power is that if there are still other above you?" He'd spent his whole life fighting for his share of power, if not the option to live at all. if there were still those above even the highest imaginable rulers, then his former life seemed rather petty now.
Auds pricked upon delicate skull, the mares words bringing him out of his own thoughts enough to realize he'd yet to make his impression on her. "I am Kiara, of the World's Edge herd... You are?" Only the most worthy of small pegasus you'll ever come to meet! Ah, but he'd have to say it more romantically of course. Thoughts mulled over the herd she spoke of momentarily, wondering what dynamics bands held in this ridiculously fantastic place. " I'm called Cherub" He raised his expression to that of an more eager gaze now, one step being taken forward. Stud was attempting to look like that of a Casanova, but with his wings fluttering ridiculously quick at his shoulders, it was hard to pull over. "I've travled from northwest, where I was separated from my brothers after a spring storm. " A toss of thought silky mane was in order, as boys do, before last flirty tones were offered to his new acquaintance, following an inquirement about earlier mentions of a herd. "It's a pleasure to meet one so lovely as yourself. But, forgive me, as I know nothing of the herd you speak of."

It seemed as if she was not the only one to wander away from the Edge to the Threshold. The greeting from the golden dragon Akaith was soon followed by the arrival of Mirage. Kiara smiled, turning to nose the golden queen fondly as the ebon leader came to stand beside her. Kiara looked at her fondly before turning back to the small winged pegasus before them. He was speaking, surpirsed that even Gods could be banished. She smiled. It seemed only another God could banish a God. Then again, look how well that turned out... The movement of his wings had her mind drifting off, wandering where Breeze was and how he was fairing in the cooler weather. Her winter coat had begun to grow in, but not nearly as fast as she wished. It was only when Mirage introduced herself that Kiara brought herself back from her own thoughts. The stalion to introduced himself. Kiara nodded, as she had already given her name in the beginning. He however went on to say he was indeed a traveler... What he said next caught the young roan off guard. He tossed his mane around a bit like a child would do before speaking "It's a pleasure to meet one so lovely as yourself. But, forgive me, as I know nothing of the herd you speak of." As lovely? Was he really trying to uh... what was it called? Flirt with her? The roan's face grew hot and she remained silent to allow Mirage to answer the question.

"Speak speak"

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Quiet amusement shone behind the glittering, golden eyes of the mare, and the wondrous queeny companion that sat upon Kiara's back, as she silently watched the proceedings. The mare did nothing more than allow the two younger ones interact, her presence, it seemed, had been neglected; missed - she supposed it was bound to happen at some stage when one's mannerisms were generally silent and subtle. Akaith, however, gave a colourful trill, feeling rather indignant about not being acknowledged by the pegasus boy. The little queen welcomed the greeting from Kiara, but fluttered her wings, which were easily broader than the little boy's, and chattered away, occupying herself with preening a shine back into her scales should she bother to look at her.

"Our herd is young, though the land we live upon is timeless. We recently won rights to call it our home." Mirage said simply, speaking up where Kiara fell respectfully silent. The charcoal mare stepped closer.

"The power of the Gods is vast, Cherub, greater than you can imagine. That they allow us to live upon this realm they crafted by their very willpower is reason enough to adore them; show them gratitude." The powerplay between the Gods recently had caused a rift, that was certain, and it was the mortals who walked the earth that would deal with it. But they were resilient, and determined. The heat of TallSun was unbearable, with the flames of their dragons keeping them warm, and the many bodies of the herd standing together, they would survive this FrostFall too.

"You have been travelling a long while, it would seem. Does weariness fatigue your limbs?" Throughout the conversation the tones of the maiden had been kept steady, rhythmic, the expression upon her façade nothing more than mild interest that sometimes gave a hint of devious darkness. Ears continued standing to attention, though on did often flick towards the position of her dragon and Kiara every few seconds.

Unregistered

C H E R U B

A shrill call of something he'd never heard before, caught the stallions attention. Mischievous eyes widened in surprise of the new presence, along with that of a creature he'd never before seen. It seemed he'd been too caught up in his flirtations to the extent of being oblivious. Now, however, all attentions were focused on the pair. For a moment he simply stared at the golden wings of this creature upon the dark mare as she spoke. A slight bitterness glazed over in his gaze, but a shake of his head would rid of the thoughts. Though his manners were poor, he'd seen the odd respect the younger mare seemed to show to her, and could only copy it with a curious nod. She gave off a strange aura, one he couldn't determine. He'd always been good at sizing up others, but she confused him. "The power of the Gods is vast, Cherub, greater than you can imagine. That they allow us to live upon this realm they crafted by their very willpower is reason enough to adore them; show them gratitude." Stallion finally mused on the words she spoke. "I don't know about these gods though, I've never seen em'.." Cherub voiced with a toss of his mane, dismissing himself to earlier immaturity. "You have been travelling a long while, it would seem. Does weariness fatigue your limbs?" Did she intend to take him in? He felt intimidated, outnumbered by the two larger mares. It made him seem like a young colt. Frustrated, he stated exaggerated honesty with zealous. " I'm tired, but perky as ever!" The little wings at his shoulders, flapped vigorously, as he glimpsed brightly at Kiara, still perfectly happy to show off for the roan, despite her apparent lack of interest. Oh, after all, she was probably just shy.

The little shadow mare listened to what this young, self-absorbed steed had to say. He had been so distracted by his need to impress the young Kiara, he seemingly had neglected to notice her presence. She was a subtle mare, and did not mind being overlooked, rather it comforted her to know that she could bend the shadows around her at will and observe a scene unnoticed. She nodded patiently to the stallion, allowing his admittance of ignorance for knowledge of the lands - that was why she was here, after all. He was shorter than she, than both of them in fact, his diminutive wings flapping hopelessly at his sides. The movement drew her eyes to them once more, though her gaze did not linger upon the appendages for long. A small, subtle smile softened the hardness of her face, his useless wings having given her an idea.

"I am glad to hear that your vitality is as high as can be; I suspect further adventures await you beyond the Threshold. The Gods I speak of not only provide us with land to live upon, but may grant one almost anything they desire, should they feel so inclined. A great many opportunities lie awaiting you within Helovia." She knew of the great many things that others quested for, though never had she purposefully sought them out to complete and gain something for herself. Her mate, had sought out the ability to breathe fire like his full-blooded draconic ancestors, and she had aided him, and been granted an amulet that hung around her nape. Her sister had been sent on a lesson by the Goddess whose very land they now reside upon, and upon aiding her, she had allowed Mirage to discover her other form .A smile further curled her lips, she wondered if the promise of being able to earn something more for oneself might be enough to ensnare this stallion's attention off himself, or Kiara, long enough that he could prove himself worthy of being invited to the realm the mares called home.

"The walk to the World's Edge can be trying on one's resolve; you would not be turned away from there should you care to attempt it." Now the mare stretched her maw out to the roan maiden to who stood beside her, in attempts to rouse her from the shy quietness that had seemingly stolen her ability to communicate. "Kiara, let us head home; perhaps you would give directions to this fine stallion to the World Edge before we depart?" Playfully the mare nudged her again, before turning her lean, athletic frame away from where the young horses stood. Akaith hopped from Kiara's back onto Mirage's, giving a short chortle as she went. The mare hesitated a moment, to wait and see just how much this stallion longed for their company, and to give Kiara time to briefly explain the terrain to the steed. If he was so inclined, he may even be able to follow them directly home - of course, it all depended on what exactly he longed to find here, in Helovia.

[ Posting out of order just because I wasn't sure when I would next get a chance to post.
Cherub, you're welcome to post in the World's Edge if you like and Mirage can greet him more officially as Leader and offer him a rank, or you can do whatever you like xD ]

Unregistered
(Alright, I'll wait for Kiara to respond, so I can sum up the meeting more thoroughly in my post there. c:)

Kiara listened as the the stallion and Mirage spoke. It seemed the small winged pegasus was focused on flirting with Kiara.... While Kiara could only compare him to Breeze. She would have to tell her friend... or was he just a friend... about this. Surely he to would get a good chuckle as she was. Granted the roan was poliet enough that she was not laughing out loud, merely smiling at the bay. Finally Mirage decided it was time to leave. Kiara slight frowned as Akaith moved back to Mirage's back. The dove greatly enjoyed having the golden queen on her withers. Maybe when she could return to the Vein of the Gods, she would try again for a companion.... Or maybe not... She just did not know at this time. "Kiara, let us head home; perhaps you would give directions to this fine stallion to the World Edge before we depart?" Emerald green eyes looked to Mirage, only nodding before looking back to the stallion and speaking "Should you want to come see our home for yourself, just follow the trails through the woods going to the northwest.... The tempature of course is slightly colder than here, but we are working quickly to have shelter during this unusually cold FrostFall." With nothing more to say she to turned, waiting a moment to see if the stallion would choose to follow them now or not before they headed back to World's Edge.
"Speak speak"