the Rift

cold

Kari Posts: 52
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.0hh :: 3 years Buff: NOVICE
Wanderer
I can make out a new figure and both my ears perk up. He bears wings, like myself.. I am quiet, simply watching and waiting. When he introduces himself I dip my head ever so slightly, yet I can't help but perk up at the mention of Throat.. Home. Is Mother waiting for me? Is she there ready to embrace her son? If only I knew her name.. I shove her to the side of my mind as I have to dig again, to pull out my name. It takes several momnts before I know for sure it is my own name, and not anothers. How easy it is to lose myself within the confines of my mind.. There are too many selves here. Too many identities. Even if they are not my own.. They are still pieces that I carry.. Just as much me as me is... Now I wonder if that makes any sense. Me as me is? That does not even sound like proper English.... Oh bother.. That's right.. Introductions... Must introduce myself.. Who am I? I have to start the process of unwinding myself again. I have to dig deep into my mind and I find myself again..

"Kari," I says softly. I shift the tip of my leonine tail, and spread out my wings a bit. "I-I'm not lost actually.." I shift my weight from side to side, suddenly feeling a bit shy. "I'm.. I was from the Dragon's Thraot. I came back to Helovia so I can come home.. I also am hoping to find my mother." Maybe this man knows her. If anyon can help me piece together the scattered fragments my mother can. I can only go under assumption on what he's here for.. So I step toward him, careful to keep enough distance so I don't dare touch. My mind doesn't need to carry yet another identity inside of it.
"Could you lead me home?" I ask with a gentle voice. "I am eager to return and I.. I don't remember the way. I have not been here since I was very young." I shift nervously, or.. Do I shift eagerly? I'm not precisely sure. All  I do know is that I wish to be on my way.. I wish to see this Throat.. I want to go Home

""

Kari
like symphonies played in a world without sound

image credit

@Rift

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:42.5
Helovia Hard Mode
Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kari

Messages In This Thread
cold - by Kari - 11-28-2015, 03:50 AM
RE: cold - by Rift - 11-28-2015, 04:54 AM
RE: cold - by Kari - 12-10-2015, 05:51 PM