the Rift

[OPEN] that silver lining

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Eventide is softly casting o'er the earth a magic spell,
And a love-song, everlasting, on the night wind seems to swell.

The filly smiled happily against his neck, a small curving of the lips that might have looked mischievous if it had been visible. "I missed you too" she said, and meant it. She'd missed him, and Vlasi, had missed comments just like these that meant he'd actually looked at her and remembered what she used to be like. Most of all, however, she had missed the steady comfort of his presence as she tossed and turned during the long, restless nights.

"Where were you?" she asked and looked up at her father's face with a slight frown. "I was worried, I thought maybe you'd left me here and gone off somewhere." She kept the tone light, but there was no mistaking the bite of hurt within the words themselves, or the accusatory gleam in the pale, two-toned eyes.

She shifted where she stood, but made no attempt to pull out of the embrace. The contrast in temperature between them was startling as always; to her icy skin his chest felt searing hot, early painful in its insistent warmth. She, on the other hand, must be nearly uncomfortably cold, quite possibly numbing to remain in contact with for long. Erthë knew she could withdraw and spare Vadim the moral dilemma of whether to keep hugging his daughter or save himself from possible frost bites. But she didn't want to. Being brave and strong and mature was exhausting, and he was the only one before whom she felt no need to keep up appearances. Here under his watchful eyes she could cry and whine and sigh morosely if she felt like it, here she could frolic like a newborn, tumble and make mistakes and not feel the slightest bit embarrassed.

Though her heart was vast and generous and had room for anyone that crossed her path, he alone held a special place within it, for the benefit of being her dad, the one who had known her mother best, the only one as far as she knew who mourned the loss of the Blackbird as much as she did.

If not more.

@Vadim

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
that silver lining - by Erthë - 11-28-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 11-29-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 12-14-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-14-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 12-25-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-25-2015, 09:28 PM