the Rift

[OPEN] that silver lining

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

Honestly, Vadim expects Erthë to be angry with him for leaving and not telling her, but when she looks at him he sees no anger on her face or in her pale eyes. It does give him some relief, but it does not chase away the gnawing guilt that chewed and clawed at his insides because he had left her without telling her. How could he do that, even if his intentions were honorable? She is all he has left of a mare that he cared for. One that he could have fallen in love with, made a life with, and had a bigger family with. How can he jeopardize what is left of Shadow and not feel guilt?

"I promise." He says when she asks him to tell her when he leaves again. He cannot promise that he'll keep her safe because he's already proven that he is unable to do that. The only promises that he knows he'll be able to keep is to tell her when he leaves and to love her until his dying breath.

His ears tilt forward and he listens to his daughter as she tells him that the Edge's healer was unable to heal her legs. This frustrates him and leaves him with even more of a sense of hopelessness because it is now multiple healers that have been unable to heal his daughter. Her suggestion that maybe a god could heal her legs holds some weight to it, but it also frustrates him because the Earth God had been there at the fight and his daughter still had two broken legs.

"Dad, what is the Veins? How do you get there?"

"Its the place where the gods are." He answers. "Their shrines, at least. Its where I met the Moon Goddess with my brother. Its where I got my magic." He knows, though, that she's asking the questions because she wants to go there. "Its a long walk," He warns. "Up a mountain. There's lava on both sides of the path."

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
that silver lining - by Erthë - 11-28-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 11-29-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 12-14-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-14-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 12-25-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-25-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 01-20-2016, 01:11 PM