the Rift

[OPEN] that silver lining

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

"But I thought the herd lands were protected by the gods."

"They are." Vadim murmurs in response to Erthë. "That's why each herd has a seer." Of course he is unsure of what that particular rank in other herds is called, but he knows enough. He nudges his nose against his daughter's shoulder because she should know that, being the Seer's helper. "And I remember hearing that the Gods usually choose who will lead their herds." Which had to be true if he made his assumption based upon the Goddess' appearance at their herd meeting. She'd made her opinion on leadership quiet clear, in Vadim's opinion.

Erthë asked yet another question and Vadim sighs softly. "I don't know." He admits. "Perhaps they wanted their shrines to be accessible to everyone. If you were not a member of the Edge or if we were not allowed to live here you would not be able to visit the Moon Goddess' shrine." He points out and he feels as if he's making a decent point. "Up there," He says and he nods his head in the direction of the Veins, "Anyone can visit any of the gods."

"Do you like our Lady Moon?"

"I am... indifferent." He says because he has never seen the point of worshiping any god. "I suppose I am more appreciative of her than the other gods because, yes, she did grant me my magic." He'd only had to isolate himself from his mother and father and spend his isolation attached to his brother's side. The task she'd given to him, however, had made him come to realize how different he was from his brother. Rather than following blindly behind Varath into a pit of hatred he was able to rise above and go off on his own. He's able to appreciate others for who and what they are. He is able to love more than just  himself.

"I... suppose I do like her." He finally says as he thinks over the task she'd asked of him and the results. "If it were not for her I don't believe I would have you."

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
that silver lining - by Erthë - 11-28-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 11-29-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 12-14-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-14-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 12-25-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Erthë - 12-25-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: that silver lining - by Vadim - 01-20-2016, 01:11 PM