the Rift

[PRIVATE] its not that hard to say goodbye

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

rhoa
        I WALK IN THE AIR, BETWEEN THE RAIN, THROUGH MYSELF & BACK AGAIN.
           To where? I don't know

I smiled.

It felt nice, to feel the muscles of my muzzle pull upwards, tightening the soft purple-gray skin. She says that she will make them, and subtly shifts the blame onto me for being away. I nod - agreeing with her in full. It is my fault, and I welcome the soft indictment that her words direct my way. My smile broadens - not to displace my guilt - but merely to dislodge it. Somehow something as inconsequential as shoes matter very little to me. And why should it, when I am in the presence of one such as Ranjiri? Daughter of Ktulu and Midas - sister of Hototo. Fighter of battles, wager of wars, and molder of metals. She is an amazon, strong in her resolve to continue unabashed against a world which seeks to crush her.

Did I mention that I find her so beautiful in her trauma?  

My smile fades at the talk of monsters. I had ... avoided them. They proved too much for the soft and malleable resolve that was filled my core. I couldn't face them. If I had ..

I would have let them kill me.

My smile is gone now, but not the light in my eyes. I didn't go, and so I am here. I am here, although others are not. Like this Dragomir, of whom I know nothing. But if he were, I would not, and I would not have told Jiji of my missing. In that, I suppose I can be thankful of my ignorance.

I missed you, too.

The smile that reappears is unintentionally boyish and charming. "Not the way I've missed you." I correct, and am in no way trying to be suave or smooth. My lips betray my subtle hesitancy and speak my thoughts earnestly, and a bright spark in my gaze underscores the sentiment. I am just being honest; I have missed her with part of my soul, and though I know she shouldn't feel the same - and likely doesn't - I am unabashed in my honesty. For too long have those around me hid their true feelings. I shan't be one of them. 

She asks of home again. I inhale deeply, a smile creasing my eyes. I think I have started smiling as a dense mechanism - rather than fading darkly away in the backdrop. Is it an improvement? "Ah-" I begin, allowing my sea-green gaze to pull in the depths of the ocean around us. "Very likely..It's...difficult.."

Then, I realize how silly I am being. 

My gaze easily shifts back to Ranjiri, somehow settling relaxedly into her gaze. "I'm sure you understand."

Messages In This Thread
its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 11-28-2015, 11:01 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-02-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-14-2015, 01:18 PM