the Rift

[PRIVATE] its not that hard to say goodbye

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

rhoa
        I WALK IN THE AIR, BETWEEN THE RAIN, THROUGH MYSELF & BACK AGAIN.
           To where? I don't know

It surprises me that she says she's never had a lover. I briefly wonder if that entails she hasn't loved, or if she just hasn't been with anyone. Perhaps both. Still, I feel a flare of optimism and possibility bubble up through a malnourished spring in my chest - a fount I've not really felt in any meaningful capacity before. 

"Ah." I say simply, my dark lashes lowering with acknowledgement. 

As she asks how she has been missed, I pause. My hips shift slightly as I allow myself to stand in a more comfortable, albeit casual position, as I think on her words. How have I missed her? The ways seem enumerable, and yet when I try to reach out and grab at one, it floats idly away. Closing my eyes, I exhale slowly, allowing myself a moment to fall into the rhythm of my thoughts before speaking.

"I missed you like I would miss a cool spring on a hot day. Not merely because it quenches your thirst, but because of how it revives you. I missed you the way the cactus in the throat miss the rain, and how they blossom ever bigger and brighter, revealing their secret hearts, as the rain welcomes them back to the world. I have been cold, Jiji-" Unapologetically my eyes seek out hers. I am being foolish, in this plight of poetry, but it doesn't matter. No one had told me that they love me, my family has gone, and there is nothing on the earth for me, if not for the words I can offer others. I have nearly died countless times, and was on the verge of madness. Whatever pulled my back filled me now, and it just felt right, how foolish and flowery it might sound, to speak my heart to her. 

Even if we were little more than strangers. 

"- and I have been lost. I have missed you like a sailor misses the north star, when all he sees are storm clouds."

I gather my slow-burning wings around my shoulders, as she asks what it was I was looking for. "Ghosts." I reply simply, sadness diluting the bright spark of my gaze. 

I listen as she describes the battles and her injury. I long to reach out and touch her wing, to see if it feels inflamed or hot, but I resist. It's easier to reach her with my words, than it is with my touch. I've never had a lover. Her words echo in my ears, and I keep my wings to myself. 

As she offers me a token, I politely decline by shaking my head. Pale and sooty tresses gently knock against my cheek with the motions of my skull. "I carry enough death with me for now." I reply playfully, though my words are earnest and sincere. 

"Ah! You're still a crafter then?" The thought makes me smile. When I left, I was a crafter. Would I be again, if and should I return? Would we work together? "The beauty of anything is in its utility. If the keys work, then they are as beautiful as Cera's." I offer reassuringly.

Messages In This Thread
its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 11-28-2015, 11:01 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-01-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Rhoa - 12-02-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: its not that hard to say goodbye - by Ranjiri - 12-14-2015, 01:18 PM