the Rift

[OPEN] Where's your verse, your verb, proverb, lesson learned

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Ashamin. His own name came to him from the mouths of a babe. Erebos, the boy from the cave on the night Lochan had emerged from his shell, stood before him in the dark like a battered ghost of himself. Ashamin's own jaw hung slack, his own body shuddered as all aches and pains returned to it.

The rain fell softer as he found himself in stillness. Without the sting of motion he found it to be cooling, refreshing. But nothing could wash away the shame of this confrontation--of looking his enemy in the eye, only to find it was his friend.

He felt hatred, but not for this boy. No, it was for himself and his own flash of pride as his victory had been sealed, his dominance and power asserted. The winner of their conflagration was not to be contested, Erebos' wounds stood clearly for his loss. But the sorrow in Ashamin's eyes, the understanding of his failure... that stood for a deeper sort of loss entirely.

In silence, he sent his companion away. Lochan was in much better shape than anyone else present, Lochan could find help. He heard the boy's words, the expression of his fear. Fear that Ashamin had been a monster. The heart broke at the sound of words like that. The mind died.

Slowly, he approached the boy whom he'd treated as foe. "I am fine... I am fine. I am--" Ashamin swallowed as he leaned forward to press his nose gently upon the younger buck's cheek. It was the only sign of affection he could offer now, and though Ashamin said he was fine his body still shook, his bruises still burned. He wanted to say he was sorry, he wanted to fall upon his knees and cry God save me from my guilt and this boy from my harm! God save the world from wickedness and storms from such evil shades as us, two fellows tricked into blows. We are nothing but lost, my God, my Gods, just lost.

But he couldn't bring himself to say it. Ashamin could only press closer, step closer. "I am sorry," he could whisper at least, his mouth dry and voice cold. "I should have known better," he spoke with the hush of a prayer.

And it was true; he should have known far better.

""

Ashamin

@Enna @Erebos
--No need to tag me, just poke me on skype.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where's your verse, your verb, proverb, lesson learned - by Ashamin - 12-08-2015, 08:08 PM