the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fortunate Fool

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

No, Mesec couldn’t read minds and though his ears twitched in annoyance at Najya’s lecture it was mostly because she made sense and he wasn’t willing to admit it - outloud or to himself. He knew he was dwelling on the negative but he didn’t want to entertain the positive outcomes out of fear of getting his hopes up. Wasn’t it better to just expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if something better did happen?

In a somewhat desperate and not exactly kind effort to avoid talking about himself any longer, Mesec grasped at the chance to turn the conversation around. “Who was it?” He asked the question softly, curious but aware of the guilt that settled on him as he said it and his silver gaze moved from her and to his front hoof that continued to shuffle against the sand.

“Sorry. Please, you don’t have to answer that - it’s not fair of me to ask.” Not the best deflection technique he could have used and she would likely have seen through it in an instant. He just didn’t have an argument set up for what she had said and sought something, anything, to buy him time to further mull over what she said. It made sense, annoyingly so, but while it sounded easy it didn’t feel that easy. Was it just a matter of being on the outside of the situation to make things seem clear? Surely he might have given similar advice to a friend but without personal experience to pull on. He wasn’t thinking quite that clearly at the moment, however, but he clearly enough to quickly follow up his question with an apology.

He sighed, resigned to the fact that he wasn’t going to escape talking about it - he couldn’t escape how much sense Najya was making unless he actually physically ran away from her… and that wasn’t an option. It would only make things worse. “Even if I was going to go say something to her -” And he looked over to her then, a small tug of a smile on the corner of his mouth as he added: “And I’m not saying I will. But if I did. What do I even say? How do you start that conversation? Or do I just wait for it to happen to come up one day?”

and that's me, that's me, the boy with the broken halo
that's me, that's me ________________ the devil won't let me be

artwork by the fabulous tamme

@Najya
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 11-29-2015, 02:48 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 12-31-2015, 01:01 AM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 01-03-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Najya - 01-14-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Fortunate Fool - by Mesec - 01-15-2016, 01:02 AM