the Rift

[PRIVATE] Each Piece Of My Broken Heart

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Pale ears flick back upon the maiden's crown, white daggers and molten eyes that glare back at him. Kaj is a being of old laws and primordial language, and his body language responds in a way that Old Kaj never would have allowed it to - his wings angle themselves into a dominant configuration, drawing his impressive height and mass to impose upon her silently. He felt an appreciative flicker of warmth curl through his gut nonetheless, seeing her snap and scream back at him, lifting her soaked and trembling form from the sand to get back in his face. Does the lamb have some teeth to her after all? Yet he wondered why she spoke so freely and familiarly with him, for it stoke his anger towards her. He was her Czar! He had just SAVED HER LIFE! To speak with such a lack of formality and deference was not only a slight to his title and name, but to the actions he'd taken to ensure she survived her stupid adventure into the depths of the ocean. 

When he walked away? He startled, wings faltering and falling closer to his sides, head tilting and peering unnervingly close at her. When had he walked away from her in a way that would inspire such volatile emotions from her? Azure eyes narrowed, as if trying to find the golden thread that lay within her being so that he could pluck at it and unravel her, take her apart mercilessly, heartlessly, until the core of her truth lay bare and revealed to him. It was all he cared for, aside from perhaps putting her in her place for speaking so familiarly and disrespectfully to him. 

At least that was the plan until she really started talking nonsense. His wings dropped into himself, and he cocked his head and stared bemusedly down at her. And then of all things, she said that word. Kaj reared back, already cursing Other Kaj for his fuck up in this area. You couldn't even fucking clear this up before dumping this on me? Fucking coward. But Brisa was far from finished, and Kaj uneasily looked around them, knowing disappearing once more would just make this problem so much worse. But how was he supposed to tell her that hey, sorry your boyfriend was such a dick and that I happen to wear his face and body, but he decided to erase his memories of you? He wasn't good with the emotional side of things, and he wasn't sure how to approach this without making a big mess of things. If Other Kaj had any good attributes, at least he could handle the emotional messes of others. 

Kaj gave a great sigh, shifting to his right to take weight off his bad shoulder. Well, no time like the present.

"I'm sorry Brisa, but I simply don't remember any of that." Fuck, was that how he was supposed to do this? His empathy had been completely removed, until he was but a drone of his homeland once more, only a few good memories remaining to bolster him and render him a more fitting Helovian. "Other Kaj turned to Miykael and asked him to block our memories. It seems...he also desired to forget you, in some ways. I still remember our friendship, but nothing beyond." Uncomfortable with the confession he shuffled his hooves uncertainly. How could he word it any better? Other Kaj was a soft bellied dick and you should forget about him since he clearly forgot about you too?

"I am sorry that he hurt you," he mumbled in an attempt at comfort, eyes averting from hers. Would she find it odd that he referred to Other Kaj that way? They were two entirely different souls, in his eyes. One weak, one strong. One held to the earth by moral obligations, the other free to make the villainous decisions that needed to be made for the sake of his herd and family. His burden was a feather in comparison to a planet, for how Other Kaj had allowed himself to suffer so needlessly. 

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Brisa - 11-29-2015, 11:35 PM
RE: Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Kaj - 12-12-2015, 06:01 AM
RE: Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Brisa - 12-12-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Kaj - 12-27-2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Brisa - 12-27-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Kaj - 12-28-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Brisa - 01-04-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Kaj - 01-27-2016, 01:58 AM
RE: Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Brisa - 01-27-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: Each Piece Of My Broken Heart - by Kaj - 02-13-2016, 08:14 PM