the Rift

[OPEN] find yourself a city, [welcoming!]

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Some part of the conversation had surely been lost on Alice and Hotaru, but the Lady merely lifted an eyebrow curiously and allowed Tangere and Eldala their private joke. It clearly did not concern her, so she did not bother herself with wondering about it. Eldala caught herself quickly enough after all, introducing herself in a stumbling, nervous way that was both exasperating and endearing to the straight-laced Lady. She tilted her head obligingly at the words, and though she'd already scoured every inch of the golden child, she did so once more if only to occupy herself. Stop, Alice said, though her voice was thick with profound amusement that Hotaru knew meant she found it just as funny that Hotaru could be intimidating to any who crossed her borders and sought her sanctuary. 

"Even the youngest of foals provide something for the Basin. Do not underestimate your abilities," she advised, if only to try and bolster the newcomer's confidence in herself. Hotaru had no time for those with weak will and errant, vagabond hearts. Of course speaking of vagabonds...a rather curious pink creature approached, a weaver by the name of Johnny, whom she knew by name but by nothing else. Her nares twitches appreciatively at whatever sweet, sugary scent he was emitting, and smiled at him. Another pink fellow, then? At least she was not the only one with odd coloring, Hotaru laughed to herself. 

Johnny entranced Eldala in his own way, spouting further words from the golden girl until she remembered herself - again - and turned beseechingly to Hotaru. Ah, so it was time for her to make her decision? Well, washy as the child seemed to be, she was still a candidate and one with a horn upon her brow at least. Hotaru had no qualms, though she still thought she to be an airhead for a first impression. 

"Our weavers are always happy to have more apprentices. If you so seek their tutelage, and the family Tangere tempted you with, then you have my blessing." Hotaru finally smiled, a warm and inviting thing. "Welcome to the Aurora Basin, Eldala." Alice snuffled and Hotaru tilted her head, eyes crinkling beneath her smile, and turned to Johnny. "I trust you will take care of her?" If she wanted to be the weaver's apprentice, well...she could begin immediately. Hotaru had many things still left to do that evening, and she could not be bothered giving Eldala the tour of the rather massive Aurora Basin. It took a good two days of travel just to get from one end to the other. Hotaru could not spare that, even if she had wanted to. So she turned her head to Tangere as well. "Tangere, if you have the time, please show Eldala around. I must take my leave." 

Dual eyes flitted back at last to Eldala and gave a parting, ethereal smile. "Welcome to the family. May we meet again soon." And she and Alice stood and walked away, though not without her sneaking out a tongue and cheekily licking Johnny's hindquarter, winking and disappearing into the flurry of snow beyond the mountain ridge. 

@Tangere and @Johnny and @Eldala sorry for the wait!
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
find yourself a city, [welcoming!] - by Tangere - 11-30-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: find yourself a city, [welcoming!] - by Hotaru - 12-28-2015, 05:53 PM