the Rift

let me tell you a story [anybody]

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

The duchess flicked her onyx tail, glaring back at it with a piercing turquoise gaze. A stick had gotten tangled in it's depths, just near the tip. Far enough away that the maiden couldn't easily reach over and untangle the stick, but just close enough for her to see it, for it to taunt her with it's presence. Her turquoise gaze surveyed the landscape, making sure she was, in fact, alone before whipping her tail from side to side in order to expel it of the stick. It was a horribly un-regal action for her to take, but she had no other choice! Unless she wanted to leave the stick in her tail. That was perhaps a bit less regal that her actions to remove it.

Times like these made the duchess contemplate her life choices. She didn't have to stick around here and gather herbs all the time, now did she? If sticking around in the medical field here meant traveling around, getting sticks caught in her tail and tarnishing her hooves with sea water, then the prospect of retirement didn't seem so bad anymore.

But she was far too young to retire just yet.

With a final, forceful flick of her ebony locks, the stick relinquished it's hold on her tendrils, flying and snapping in half against a nearby tree. The duchess perked her head up, watching the pieces of the stick fall to the ground in triumph.

Yet, even after the stick had been on the ground for a few moments, Agnodice continued to hear snapping (just of twigs and foliage - don't get the wrong idea). The mare's curvaceous ears swiveled in the direction of the noise. She was now too curious to walk away. The mare picked up a floaty trot in the direction of the ruckus, eventually coming upon the scene of a pair of horses. One - a filly, appearing like a fallen angel against their bleak, forested surroundings. She had seen the filly before, though she did not recall a name to the face. The other horse was a stallion, adorned with intrinsic ebony and cream designs against his dun colored body. Not to mention the horn that spiraled out of his forehead.

These two certainly seemed like a duo worth wasting a slice of time on. Agnodice approached with her head held high, a friendly smile upon her onyx lips. "How do you two fare this evening?" She inquired, turquoise gaze flicking from one horse to the other. "I'm Agnodice, caretaker of the Hidden Falls," the duchess stated, her fresh title still sounding a bit outlandish coming from her lips. She had become accustomed to introducing herself as 'Agnodice, Duchess of Atemae,' or simply, 'Agnodice. Doctor.' Although the latter she reserved for more dire situations.

No matter, she would grow into her new title eventually.

@Lendri

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Messages In This Thread
let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-01-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Agnodice - 12-02-2015, 12:10 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Rift - 12-02-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-03-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-03-2015, 02:20 AM