the Rift

let me tell you a story [anybody]

Lendri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
You wouldn’t believe is Cassari. I don’t think I spent more than two hours in this new land, this new country, before I ran into somebody. And by somebody I meant a young white little thing. I looked at her with emotionless eyes and the muscles in my face did not betray me as I watched her make her approach. Gliding in on angelic wings and landing…well…it looked like it pained her to land. She certainly favored her right front leg and the look on her face…

I kept picturing our little Terachi in her stead and my heart yearned to help her in whatever ways possible. But still my muscles did not move and my eyes remained as they were – cold, endless blue and brown stones.

Lendri…

Your voice whispered upon the air softly so that I was the only one able to hear it. Or was that in my head?

Whatever the case was, the ivory colored girl was none the quicker in introducing herself. Helovia was the name she had given this land. Then she continued to ask if I needed help and explained that she was a native. And finally a smile plastered itself across her face.

A smile that screamed of her innocence and lack of knowledge. A smile that was freely presented despite the fact that she was so young and alone. And injured, I thought to myself. I mean you wouldn’t have let our daughter roam alone at such a young age would you Carissa? It was pure insanity. So I put on a quick mask and played the part that used to come so naturally to me long ago, “And where would your parents happen to be, Erthë of World’s Edge? Hopefully you haven’t wandered off on your own while so young.”

The faintest of smiles rolled across my lips as a means to try and comfort the little one and not scare her. It didn’t help though that my voice was low and sounded rather well, dry. Seriously there was no emotion, no wavering of the vocals, no rises and falls of note, no nothing. I sounded nothing like the stallion you once fell in love with Carissa.

No. That stallion had died and was no more. I was just merely a shell of his body. A lost soul trapped within the confines of this muscular body forced to walk this earth for reasons unbeknownst to me at the time.

Anyways. Back to the story.

Shortly after I had replied to the tiny ivory child another showed up. Not a child this time, but a mare who was also lighter in color mostly. She waltz right on up to us and asked us how we were faring and too went on to introduce herself. Agnodice was her name. All of this she did with a smile upon her face. I would have answered her back but before I could another mare showed up and again she greeted us all and introduced herself. Tangere…healer in training. And a smile on her face as well. And then the same events happened again with a stallion who happened to join us. He also bore a smile upon his face.

And all I could think for a whole two minutes was 'Geez it’s like I’m a crack pot magnet!'

You should have seen it Carissa! Each and every newcomer came up to me with a smile plastered upon their face as if we were all best buds of something. The whole situation just screamed ‘OH LOOK A NEWCOMER! LET’S ALL GO GREET THE NEWCOMER! WE MAY NOT KNOW HIM BUT LET’S GUESS HE’S HARMLESS. OH AND DON’T FORGET TO SMILE TO TRY AND MAKE HIM FEEL WELCOME!’ to me. Did they not know of the horrors that life and the world held? At least Erthë could use her innocence as an excuse. Both corners of my mouth turned slightly downward as I looked between all of the attendees. There sure was a variety here. Erthë from World’s Edge. Agnodice from Hidden Falls. Tangere from Aurora Basin. And Rift from Dragon’s Throat. I was assuming these were all different herds as none of them were in any way familiar to me.

So what did I do?

Instead of addressing them all individually like some would, I just simply gave a curt nod with a low ‘hnh’ sound resonating from my closed mouth. I also chose to ignore the information that they had chosen to spill past their names and decided it would just be easier for me to just introduce myself albeit tersely, “I am Lendri.”

Again my words and emotion were seriously lacking. You would have chastised me over that Carissa. You would have had me be more polite, more social. But you were no more. So I guess – at least for now – the world would have to deal with a slightly less polite Lendri than it was used to.

"speech"
notes:: x.x still not sure i like it but i think it's definitely better than the last post. xD
tags:: @Erthë @Agnodice @Tangere @Rift
pattern credit
coding help from evvers

Messages In This Thread
let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-01-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Rift - 12-02-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-03-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-03-2015, 02:20 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Rift - 12-05-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-29-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Sialia - 01-06-2016, 01:42 AM