the Rift

let me tell you a story [anybody]

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

More and more horses filtered in, streaming through the trees, their sights set on the stallion. Agnodice's perky attitude began to wane, her smile faltering upon seeing the others. They were here for their own personal gain, weren't they? She flicked her curvaceous ears back, her gaze dropping to the ground. This ritual of beckoning newcomers into herds seemed normal for the others, which was the most concerning aspect of it. It wasn't necessarily wrong, just fairly odd to her. Where she was from, they were great in numbers. Random outsiders who were trying to get in were normally either turned away or slaughtered (most often the latter).

The duchess heard the others speaking, introducing themselves, yada-yada. The standard, the socially acceptable. She gave them all respectful nods, noting that she was the only horse there from the Hidden Falls. With the others having such distinct smells, they would have to be of other herds. Her odds of triumphing in this strange ritual were going down.

That is, until Erthë made a particular snide comment. A smile curled at the edges of Agnodice's lips once again, stifling a laugh. This meeting was beginning to get interesting. This could go a few ways: the unicorn gets angry and makes a move at the filly. Violence against foals is surely not a positive trait of a herd mate, yes? That would strike one threat off the list. Another way it could go: the two merely laugh it off and continue with attempting to coax the stallion home. Much less interesting, much more probable (considering that she was, after all, a filly).

No matter, she would wait, watch, bide her time till it was most convenient for her to intervene.  

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Messages In This Thread
let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-01-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Rift - 12-02-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Lendri - 12-03-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Erthë - 12-03-2015, 02:20 AM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Agnodice - 12-03-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: let me tell you a story [anybody] - by Rift - 12-05-2015, 05:21 PM