the Rift

[OPEN] In restless dreams I walked, alone

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Eventide is softly casting o'er the earth a magic spell,
And a love-song, everlasting, on the night wind seems to swell.

She poked her tongue out at the blinded mare, mostly because she was fairly sure she could get away with doing it. Then she laughed, the kind of bubbling carefree laughter children are so good at, because for some reason it made her happy to think that Maren would still be there to talk to when she was no longer small, scrawny and limping.

"I'll make sure you won't regret" she promised, with mirth and sincerity dancing merrily on lilting vocals.

But her smile faded into a frown as the mare took the actions of the Earth Lord in stride, even going so far as defending them. Erthë brooded over the reasoning for several long, quiet minutes, and when she finally replied it was with some reluctance... because she didn't like to disagree with the tigress.

"I suppose it makes sense to pay a price for wishes" she murmured, "but I don't see why they can't be nice. I mean... even if they are forces of nature as you say they still have soul, and conscience, and it can't hurt to try at least. Can it?"

She chewed her lip, unexpectedly worried about this train of thought. More specifically about the prospect of her favorite goddess not caring about those who worshiped her, of Her just being an avalanche or earthquake or solar eclipse without heart. If that was true, then what was the purpose of protecting a herdland? Why would a volcano eruption care about the mortals that resided on the slopes of the caldera - would it direct the pyroclastic flow towards their dwellings if it knew what grief and sorrow it would cause?

Or could it be that the Lady knew and simply didn't care? Erthë had heard of the atrocities She committed, of murders and treachery... It hadn't bothered her because she had been convinced that there was a reason for it, but what if there wasn't and the Moon had acted purely out of spite?

This was a horrible thought, and it consumed her so much that it took some time for her to register that Maren had asked her a question. Distracted, Erthë nodded but realized almost at once that the mare couldn't see her. Blinking in a dazed sort of way she looked up at her, though couldn't quite follow how the conversation had turned from gods to herds.

"Hm? Yes. Me and dad moved to the Edge, after mom died. It's nice there..."

But for the first time there was a note of hesitancy in her voice, and the filly soon averted her gaze and resumed the chewing of her lower lip, her thoughts filled with dark and daunting prospects.

@Maren - sorry for the wait.

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
In restless dreams I walked, alone - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 06:02 PM
RE: In restless dreams I walked, alone - by Maren - 12-02-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: In restless dreams I walked, alone - by Maren - 12-02-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: In restless dreams I walked, alone - by Maren - 12-23-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: In restless dreams I walked, alone - by Erthë - 01-14-2016, 05:54 AM
RE: In restless dreams I walked, alone - by Maren - 02-07-2016, 06:24 PM