the Rift

[OPEN] and words like silent raindrops fell

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Eventide is softly casting o'er the earth a magic spell,
And a love-song, everlasting, on the night wind seems to swell.

Cygnet neck arched gracefully as the young men introduced themselves, one after the other. She had no reason not to believe their word as they offered names and accepted the lies easily, even smiled to each in turn with the innocent delight of one who had just gained two new friends.

And what luck - the kind-hearted  Belial even attempted to care for her. Erthë smiled even wider, though there was a mischievous touch to her expression this time.

"Oh, I can take care of myself" she assured, "but I appreciate the warning. And nothing will happen while I've got no less than two warriors for company, don't you thi..."

But she was interrupted by a loud, shrill scream, so sudden that the girl jumped in place. She spun around on the spot, wings half unfurling as she stared off among the trees. What had that been? It sounded like nothing she'd heard before, not in any forest.

Her nose reached downwards to lip at the curve of the bow beneath her wings, but halfway through the motion she paused and shot a sideways glance at the stallions. One of them, Oblivion, had jumped a bit too but both seemed rather unperturbed. Belial hadn't reacted at all, which was both odd and somewhat reassuring.

Maybe this was a common feature of the place? Red woods weren't creepy enough without ghosts, undead or forgotten gods caterwauling at the odd hour?

Fine. If they were going to chill, she wasn't about to be any worse. Erthë was no a coward - not the bravest either perhaps, but definitely not scared. What would Volterra or Murtagh say if it ever got out she'd freaked from some fox or hare or whatever it might be? She'd never hear the end of it.

Straightening up, the fierce little dove drew a deep breath and forced her taught muscles to relax, ears swiveling back towards Oblivion as he continued to speak. His words made her frown, and as she laid eyes upon him her eyes were not so much frightened as they were puzzled - the kind of direct, steady gaze one might turn on a mathematic problem one couldn't quite understand.

"Skullmaul? I've never heard of that before. What does it look like? I hope it's not too big, I'd hoped to stick around here for a while..."

She glanced back towards the clearing. In the tall grass the bones of the fallen god were hardly visible anymore, only pale rocks that gave off an eerie glow in the gloom. "You think it'd be interested in those, and that's why it's here?"

Erthë looked at Belial for an opinion - if this was the case, then it might be wiser to move away from this part of the forest.

@Erebos
@Öde

I'm sorry, she's such a horrible damsel in distress xD

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
and words like silent raindrops fell - by Erthë - 12-01-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: and words like silent raindrops fell - by Erthë - 12-28-2015, 09:16 PM