the Rift

[OPEN] Blood Brothers

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The girl had been exploring the field when she spotted the swift bird drifted toward her on the crisp afternoon air. It gave a cry of demand, but moreover one of summons. The pitch of the call left her no doubts as to where she needed to be. Stopping what she was doing, Calista turned and headed towards the trees. The open meadow was not at all difficult for her to navigate, but even her lengthy, slender legs strained to keep up with the fowl that flew ahead. The Moon Doctor's had not held a meeting since she'd joined the Edge. But today that would change.

Calista crossed over the treeline, entering the forest. It was a clear sunny day, much to her pleasure. She had been expecting Alysanne's call. She had mentioned a special gathering for the Moon Doctors when they'd met at the herd meeting, and Calista had whole-heartedly agreed, giving her enthusiastic support. Helovia was different than her homeland in terms of its flora, and she wanted to learn everything her colleagues had to teach. She needed it. Especially since Calista was still a newer member of the herd. The mare was also eager to be formally introduced to Evangeline, and hoped she'd be there. Calista had seen her at the meeting earlier, but they hadn't gotten a chance to speak. In addition, she was thrilled for the three of them to be able to collaborate on their latest findings at last.

Looking for Alysanne, the damsel did not immediately see her. Calista was too far down the left side of the woods to encounter her. Picking up her pace, she trotted up the slope, a bounce in her step. Her delicate hooves carried her swiftly through the pines, leaves rustling beneath her as she trotted along. It took longer than she thought before the tobiano pegasus finally came into sight.  to herself, she noted that he was the first to arrive. This was usually the case. Calista was never one to lag behind, especially if she was looking forward to the occasion. 

Walking up to the Alysanne, Calista extended a salutation as calmly as she could muster. "Good afternoon Alysanne. You called for me?" she said hello before falling silent. She didn't know where to start, or what to say first. There was so much on her mind. Alysanne seemed so well-read that she felt rather insignificant in comparison. Certainly she must have been a Moon Doctor a long time. Positioning herself so that she faced the painted mare Calista listened intently, flowing tail flicking gracefully as she waited to hear just what it was Alysanne had to tell them today. The young mare wished, more than anything, to be able to prove herself to her herd.

"Talk?"
"it's my life, it's now or never, i ain't gonna live forever, I just wanna live while I'm alive"

image credits

@Alysanne

Messages In This Thread
Blood Brothers - by Alysanne - 12-02-2015, 08:38 PM
RE: Blood Brothers - by Calista - 12-04-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: Blood Brothers - by Evangeline - 01-03-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: Blood Brothers - by Alysanne - 01-06-2016, 06:10 PM