the Rift

Through the Winding Paths [Any]

Ryeline Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ryeline
Shoot for the moon,
If you miss you land among the stars.

It was still early in the day, early enough that the dew hadn't yet had a chance to dry from the leaves of the plants that decorated the forest floor. Each step brought forth the heady scent of the trees around her and she felt relaxed in the area. She had been traveling for a long time, but she didn’t mind it. Though it would be good to finally find a new home, she wasn’t terribly concerned by it.

She lowered her head and snuffled gently along the ground, giving a contemplative hum. She was curious on what was on the other side of the forest, but she could happily take her time to find out. It was beautiful in the woods, the sun was just starting to peek through the leaves above her and the light filtered down. She had seen many of beautiful morning, but something about this one was standing out to her.

Ryeline lifted her head again and tossed it slightly, flicking her forelock out of her eyes. It was growing long again, she would need to find something to help fix that. She would leave it for now though. There were a lot of things she could leave until later, and she didn’t mind it either. She shifted some of the underbrush and looked closer. There wasn’t much here that she hadn’t seen already, but it was still interesting to see the new sights.

She made an inquisitive sound, moving some branches to reveal some berries. It would be good to remember those were there later, she would have to make note of them. Her ear swiveled to catch any sounds as she made a small mark with her hoof. She didn’t know how long she’d be in the forest after all, how long her inquisitive nature would hold out before she went on to the other side of the forest.

Briefly her mind trailed back to her mother in their old herd. She hadn’t spoken to her in two years, she was often curious on how her mother was doing. But she pushed the thought to the back of her mind. She could always see about checking in with her mother one day. But for now this was her journey, and she would take it one day at a time.   

"Words"

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Taking the chance to enjoy the weather while it lasted the silver warrior found himself back to the threshold once more to see who he might come across this time around. Luck was not always in his favor with many of the other herds also recruiting but it never hurt to try. Playfully tossing his head with a kick of his heels the stallion reached forward to gently nose at his partner Kiara, whom was following along patiently as per usual. They both found that it was definitely more enjoyable to see the world and what Helovia had to offer rather than sitting cooped up within the confines of the borders. Plus it also meant that they got to meet that many more equine or equine related species. Tugging softly on her long fur she played along swatting his large nose with her paw before jumping up against his shoulder as if to push him away. Breaking into a lope the stallion increased the pace twisting his head around to see if Kiara would follow before pushing farther ahead with a flick of his long tail. Sensing the game Kiara eagerly followed suit chasing her bonded through the long grasses as they searched for anyone who might have wandered through.

Picking up the scent of a mare the grey planted his hooves sliding to a stop rather unexpectedly sending Kiara nearly crashing into his hindquarters. A surprised growl sounded from her throat but before she could badger him on playing fair her blue eyes caught sight of the distraction. Rolling her eyes she resented to following along behind to make sure that her big child didn't completely embarrass himself yet again in front of a female. Ignoring Kiara's over eagerness he moved slowly towards the chestnut trying his best not to scare her in his approach. Wickering gently he lowered his head so as not to seem so intimidating before calling out one more time when he was within range. "Hello Miss, Welcome to Helovia." He greeted kindly with a dip of his crown.

Stopping a few paces away he figured he should mention something about Kiara before things became ugly, they had on occasion due to everyone freaking out that there was a tiger sneaking up on them. "My name is Ciceron and this here is Kiara. We come from a herd called the Hidden Falls. Who might you be if you do not mind me asking?"

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Ryeline •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered

Ryeline
Shoot for the moon,

Her ears twitched slightly as she heard the footsteps of another, and she lifted her head slightly to get a better idea of where it was coming from. She gathered that it was behind her, and a bit to the right. Settling her weight back onto all four hooves, she turned around and faced the direction she had heard the sound. The sudden stop of hoofsteps had her ears swiveling and her head tipping in mild confusion. But then they picked up and she saw the figure break through the foliage around her.

She flicked her tail slightly, watching the stallion approach in almost amusement. She couldn’t say she’d seen one of his kind before, the horn was something she’d only heard in stories from her mother growing up. But she found herself unafraid of him and his calming walk over to her.

She tossed her head slightly to push her forelock out of her eyes again and wickered back. She even went so far as to take a few steps towards him. "Hello there, sir!" She was always more than happy to meet someone new.

Her eyes flickered down at a brief movement, before her attention was stolen back away by the stallion speaking. Kiara? That must have been who was moving. She turned her head to get a proper look and blinked at seeing a tiger there. To be fair she had seen a lot of strange things, but she didn’t know how tigers fit into the picture of the world she had painted in her mind. Oh well, it was always better to be open minded about things.

”Oh I don’t mind at all. My name is Ryeline, and I’m a bit of a wanderer. You said Hidden Falls was your herd? That sounds like a lovely place." She smiled warmly at him, shifting her weight to cock her backleg. "Pardon my rambling if you would, sir, I haven’t met another equine in quite a while in my journey." She chuckled and cocked her head slightly. "If you don’t mind my asking, how does a tiger and an equine get along? I can’t say I’ve ever seen it before."  

"Words"

[Tag: @Ciceron | Notes: ...]

Credits

Listening carefully to the mare a smile forms across his features at her apparent fearlessness. Not too many would willingly stare down a tiger and live to tell the tale, but this was a special occasion where the tiger was on their side. "It's my pleasure to meet you, Ryeline." He replied swiftly liking the way her name sounded upon his lips. It was a name well suited for the lovely mare and one that he had not heard too commonly around these parts. As the friendly chatter continued the stallion was grateful that for once he had not scared the poor girl off before even getting the chance to say hello. One time that had happened and still to this day he hadn't the slightest idea on what exactly scared the mare so badly. Kiara was not with him at this point and he had been much younger than he was now, so it was a real mystery as to what had spooked her. Shrugging it off easily back into his rather colourful history it was one of the things that was easy to forget when weighed down by the rest of it.

Brushing his thick forelock out of his face with a quick toss of his head the grey cocked his hind foot allowing himself to relax and just enjoy the company. It was always interesting meeting newcomers to hear their tales but it was even more satisfying to earn the pleasure of showing them a new place for them to live. As the topic turns back to the ever pending question of how he ended up with Kiara he regarded the mare with interest and admiration for her bravery. "Well it was a couple years ago now that I found Kiara's egg abandoned in a snowstorm. It's really a mystery who could have left something so precious to fend for itself under such conditions, anyways I took on the responsibility of caring for the egg. When Kiara hatched it was by some fluke that she viewed me as worthy enough of her friendship and we have been together ever since. Our bond is difficult to describe but it is something that I don't think either of us could live without." He commented looking over to Kiara to see if he had accurately portrayed her feelings as well as his own. Glad to see her nod her head once before wandering over to sniff at Ryeline he in a way held his breath hoping that the mare's bravery held up.

"As for the Falls it is a wonderful place that I have lived most of my life since arriving here. If you would like you would be more than welcome to come stay with us and see it for yourself. We could show you around and you would be guaranteed acceptance, though that doesn't mean that you would be restricted from wandering around to other places in Helovia. Anyone in our herd is welcome to come and go as they please." He added hoping to persuade Ryeline to consider his offer.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Ryeline •• NOTES: ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered

Ryeline
Shoot for the moon,

She hummed and relaxed into his company, giving a smile. She would have said that the pleasure was all hers, but she was quite interested in his hearing his story about how he and Kiara had met. Acquiring knowledge was always a passion of hers – thus the wandering. Although if others of his herd were just as kind, perhaps she could cease her wandering for a time. Perhaps permanently? Who knew, she didn’t at this point.

She listened to him and his story of finding Kiara’s egg in the snowstorm. She put the thought of a tiger being born from an egg on the backburner in her mind, she could always return to that thought later and ponder over it. As it was she felt her heart go out to the poor egg. "Well, you did a brave thing to take care of her egg. I’m sure the bond between you two is strong. It does explain how you two can get along," she said kindly. "She’s also very pretty, I’ve never seen a tiger up close before. Common sense says to stay away from one after all, but Kiara seems nice."

She lowered her head slightly as the tiger came over to sniff her. She was a little nervous about it, but she honestly felt like she could trust these two. So she stood her ground and even smiled down at the tigress. "Hello there, Kiara. It’s a pleasure to meet you." Her attention was taken again by the stallion as he spoke of the Falls. She cocked her head slightly and couldn’t help but smile at how he spoke of it. He seemed fond of his home, and that was always a good sign to her.

"It sounds like a wonderful place. It’s nice to hear of a herd that allows its members to wander, I like to explore and learn as much as I can." She chuckled lightly and grinned. "That’s mostly why I’ve been wandering for as long as I have. But I think it would be nice to have a place to go to. I would be more than happy to come stay with you there." She smiled warmly at him and nodded her head. This sounded like a good plan to her.

After all, she had a good feeling about this and about these two. They’d been nothing but kind to her since they’d started speaking, and that was generally a good sign.

"Words"

[Tag: @Ciceron | Notes: ...]

Credits

Watching his companion as she socialized with someone other than himself was rather satisfying especially when they never tried to run away from her. Commonly things involved a lot of nervous energy and the occasional scream but today was different, today was a good day. Kiara advanced cautiously towards Ryeline taking in everything about her scent and appearance and logging them for future reference before she gently rubbed the side of her whiskered face up against the lateral portion of the mare's leg. A sign of affection only awarded to those she actually liked which seemed to be few and far between for the rather picky finicky feline. It also helped that the mare had decided to compliment her awesomeness which was always a fast track way to her nice list. Listening while Ryeline praised him for his bravery he just shrugged thinking that it was the least that he could have done in the situation, surely he couldn't have just walked away. That would just have made him a monster that would never deserve to have someone as special as Kiara by his side. "I couldn't just leave her there gods only knows what would have happened to her."

A friendly grin spread across his features as the chestnut accepted his offer for a place to call home making excitement spread through his veins. He loved to bring new members back to the Falls and just see their expressions and their first impressions. It was always a guessing game which could commonly be predicted by personality type but then there was always those who surprised him. "Well in that case we might as well start back." he commented happily motioning to his left to indicate one of the trails that was the straightest way back to the Falls. "I do think that you will like it there."

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Ryeline •• NOTES: If its alright with you I will throw up a welcoming thread in the Falls to continue the conversation there :) ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo