the Rift

To the Bone [Hotaru vs Sialia]

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

The snow was back. All the melt had magically re-appeared, and the Aurora Basin had regained it's wintry grip on it's inhabitants.

It had been a small amount of time since our tallsun fortify meeting, and I had been searching high and low for my warriors, or potential new ones, but alas there was none. I had found Caleb, I had definitely found him. Yet, I was still missing Zandora and Rikyn. 

However, I had heard nothing of Rikyn, even as far as having being asked where he was. Had he also taken off and abandoned his home as d'Artangnan had? Was this what the world was coming to? Lies, deceit, failure.

My head shakes as I try to get the echo out of my head. A whisper seemed to sit  in my mind, of last years disgrace on my part. I could have done better, fought braver, actually succeeded in wining a spar. And yet, I had not, and I had even been given a upgrade from soldier to corporal?

Why? Was it because I had the discipline? I felt I had what it took, but even so, If I couldn't win a spar, what was the point? My strategy was lacking, and I needed to do something to fix it. However, My dear lady Hotaru had plans for that.

The sounds of sparks flying, and the strong voice Hotaru filled the air, carried by the wind, only to cause my head to lift, and turn in the direction it had come. Ears flitted forward, and again that voice in my head whispered it again.

Failure.

I would not be known for being a failure. I was not a failure for losing those spars, It just meant more practice, harder practice, more spars, until the day that I could win them easily. What better way to start, than pushing the self doubt in the back of my mind, and appearing to my lady Hotaru?

And so, I, The black temptress turn towards her ladyship, her pink strawberryness, the faded blood stain in the snow, and I appear to her, head held high, body tense to show off my muscles (who needs a wonder boy when they could have me?). It was an air of confidence, a mask for what truly lay inside.

What I may not be feeling directly right now, but what was lingering in the back of my mind. What plagued me, even if I did not realize it. The fear of failure, the fear that I simply wasn't good enough.

I wasn't far away when the strawberry called, and it didn't take me long to respond, and I arrived in a timely fashion. As I emerge, I glance around, the snow layer thin, and the ground frozen, compact. An advantage and a disadvantage. In someways, the tough packed ground was good for hard push offs and digging in, but at the same time, the frozen ground and the snow caused it to be slightly slippery if not careful. My eyes soon fall on her pinkness, her coat already darkening with the orangemoon weather.

By her side, a hell hound, in all it's snarling glory. On her body silver shining armor. Glamorous much? It is only a spar, after all.

But her armor, while protective, could also slow her down, if it was heavy. In that way, my bare body was almost a advantage. Almost. I did not have her protection, and she could certainly cause more damage than I would like her to, while my attacks may do minimal damage.

"With pleasure, Lady Strawberry."

I respond to her very loud call, a cocky smile lifting the corners of my lips. I do not wait long to attack. I was eager, ready to begin, and not fond of pussyfooting about. My haunches launch my body forward at a gallop, headed to her right side. It seemed I would go right past her, but almost at the last moment, I attempted to throw myself into her shoulder, hoping to bruise it, and throw her off balance. I only hoped the damn dog wouldn't throw me off. And so, I am there waiting on impact, and for the scrape of armor and flesh.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Hotaru

Words;; 708/800
Notes;; Attack: 1/3

Summary:
Sialia gallops towards Hotaru's right side. Just as she is about to pass the shoulder, she changes directory and attempts to ram Hotaru's shoulder with her own, in an attempt to bruise Hatoru's shoulder and throw her off balance.

Injuries:
None as of now.

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
To the Bone [Hotaru vs Sialia] - by Hotaru - 12-06-2015, 02:10 AM
RE: To the Bone [Hotaru vs Sialia] - by Sialia - 12-08-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: To the Bone [Hotaru vs Sialia] - by Hotaru - 12-28-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: To the Bone [Hotaru vs Sialia] - by Sialia - 01-19-2016, 07:37 PM
RE: To the Bone [Hotaru vs Sialia] - by Blu - 01-19-2016, 10:15 PM