the Rift

[OPEN] sleeping with my clothes on

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

The duchess' appearance as of late was simply inexcusable. Her hair was tangled, her hooves and pasterns stained brown with dirt. Even her alabaster coat seemed to lose some of it's intense purity. If her mother could see her now (Gods bless her soul), she would curse her for her appearance. (When her appearance ever began to falter, her mother in her dying days favored a particular teasing line: "You looked better as a man.")

Agnodice wasted no time. She had left the Rotunda from her latest herb gathering endeavor, glass basket between her jaws, heading to the Falls. She would return and bathe in the waters there! It was particularly known for it's water, even it's name suggested the liquid brilliance that her herd was famous for.

Yet, as the doctor trotted through a particular meadow, she heard the sound of running water. Quite a bit of running water, actually. Her curvaceous ears flicked forward, straining against the hold on her head. There would be no harm done if she stopped to clean herself off a bit here, now would there? (Unless these waters aren't up to her standard. Her pale coat requires the purest of waters.)

Despite the recent change in seasons, the water she found was not overly chilly. In fact, it was up to her cleanliness standard, and felt quite nice after her journey. Agnodice was careful to place her basket at the edge of the river, and not stray too far from it as she bathed. She would absolutely hate for someone to steal the precious item she had just recently obtained.

The duchess stayed in the water for a while, scrubbing grime off her coat and untangling her mane and tail as the sun set. She only paused her obligatory cleansing when she heard splashing. Splashing that she was not responsible for. The mare moved from the river to the shore, wringing out her hair and shaking off as much of the water as she could before daintily picking up her basket and venturing farther down the shore.

Agnodice found a large yearling, relishing in the water as well, though the spot the filly had picked was much more secluded. The doctor was impressed by the contraption that had created a serene pool for any to enjoy rather than deal with the harsher part of the river downstream. The alabaster and onyx mare sat her basket down on the shore, near one of the pillars, laying herself down around her item. Her coat was still damp, her mane and tail still dripping some. She had a few questions about this place to ask of the filly.

"This pool is lovely. Did you make it or find it?"  Agnodice softly asked, her turquoise gaze on her basket rather than the onyx yearling.

@Macaria hope you don't mind aggy dropping in c:

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Messages In This Thread
sleeping with my clothes on - by Macaria - 12-06-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Agnodice - 12-06-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Erthë - 12-10-2015, 06:54 AM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Macaria - 12-26-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Agnodice - 12-26-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Erthë - 01-14-2016, 06:16 AM