the Rift

[OPEN] here's my hand

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

The duchess was splayed out on the ground, near the edge of the water. The sunlight was quite harsh here, just how she liked it. With her black accents, she caught the light quite well. She was well aware that sunny days would begin to dwindle soon with the changing of the seasons. She had taken advantage of the fair weather, and was sorting herbs whilst relaxing.

The sorting was a mindless activity, something she could do whilst having her thoughts on something else entirely. 'I wonder how Raknos is doing. I wonder if he's found a mate yet...As Grand Duke he should have no trouble making me an aunt. Oh, that's cotton bush,' she thinks, daintily picking up the trumpet shape poison and tossing it into the water, watching it sink with satisfaction. She continued her sorting, removing herbs from her basket and either tossing them if they were a poison (gone bad, that sort of thing) or placing them into one of the piles she had by her knees.

The duchess was a bit dismayed by her thoughts. They all mused on her old home, of her brothers and friends there (by 'friends' she means someone she can tease and get teased by without any hurt feelings. Dice doesn't really do 'friends'). She wasn't eager to meet others, but she supposed that having a few connections didn't sound so bad. She could always try to ease up a bit, try to talk to others, but this notion sounds like a waste of time to the duchess.

She obviously has better things to do...like...sort herbs...

It's important...

for @Ryeline and any others who would like to join <3

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Ryeline Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ryeline had been warmly welcomed in her time here, and she adored the lands. It was beautiful, and she loved exploring what area there was within the herd lands. She would venture out at a later date, but as it was she was still relatively new and she wanted to learn the area of where she lived better. And so on this day, she decided to go out and explore the area. Her hooves led her out towards the water, drawn by the waterfall. She hadn’t quite expected to run into anyone there, though of course it made sense because there were horses all over.

But she didn’t think she’d ever run into this mare before. She was white and had black accents that drew Ryeline's eyes to her. She approached slowly and gave a soft nicker to let her know that she was there if she hadn’t smelled her already.

“Hello there! Do you mind my joining you?” she asked, smiling as she approached. “I don’t believe we’ve had the pleasure of meeting yet, I’m Ryeline.”

The mare had a basket beside her and seemed to be sorting plants. Ryeline could only assume that they were herbs, so perhaps she had taken the healer route to help out the herd? She thought that might have been one of the options, though she wasn’t entirely certain. Maybe she would ask later.

“So, what are you doing?”

Or she could ask now. Good going mouth. Brain said to wait.

But she brushed it off and instead gave another smile, still standing just a bit off so that she didn’t enter the mare’s space uninvited. She didn’t want to disturb her if she didn’t want company after all.

Words

[Tags: @Agnodice | Notes: ...]

Image Credits

Ezital Posts: 48
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Oatmeal :: Two-toed Sloth :: None Veer
EZITAL

Herd life was a strange, new experience. He could never say what each day would bring him, whether it be good or bad. But Ezital was absolutely certain about one simple truth: as long as he lingered within the hidden falls he would never go thirsty.  

Water flooded through the falls in a great torrent, collected in shallow iridescent pools, and even collected in the very air he breathed. On the warmest days of tallsun, the air felt like a heavy blanket of humidity over him. Those days seemed to be passing as the evenings grew colder, hinting at the harsh frostfall to come. The fireflies would die, the birds would fly to warmer climates, and many other animals would settle into their dens to hibernate. Few residents of the falls would brave the cold months with the horses and their bonded companions. Herd horses were unnaturally sedentary.

He wasn't certain what he would do when frostfall finally arrived this year. One year, he'd followed the birds south after the first ice crystals formed on the evergreens, while another he'd settled into an abandoned bear's den.

Ezital paced along the water's edge, too restless to remain still for another moment. His veins thrummed with pent up energy, demanding to be expelled.

He caught sight of a few mallards swimming a ways off the shoreline and went still. They'd noticed him, but were paying little attention beyond giving him a wide berth. He grinned widely, lowering his head and lashing his tail a few times.

The water slapped his belly like a physical blow when he leapt, momentarily filling the air with tiny crystal drops. His flanks automatically shivered and shrank from the touch of cold water, but he pressed forward, snaking his neck and snapping his teeth at the ducks.

Startled, they took flight all at once in a flurry of feathers and water. One squawked in alarm, drawing a breathless laugh from his chest. He wandered back over to the bank and shook the excess water from his coat.

He took off along the shoreline once more, this time to locate a nice sunny patch of grass to lay down and dry himself in.

Of course, that sunny patch was already occupied by an unfamiliar grey mare, with another standing nearby. She was probably waiting her turn for sunbathing. Ezital wanted to ignore them and find his own place to nap, but he felt the rare tug of responsibility. He was a warrior for the falls, and he was fresh out of a meeting where Ktulu lectured them all about safety and other useless things. He didn't recognize either of these mares, though that wasn't much of an accomplishment. What if that grey ended up being a master assassin that killed the herd leader in his sleep? What would he tell Ktulu?

Oh yeah, Ktulu demon eyes, I saw her but I was busy sunbathing so I didn't bother to question her.

"Who are you?" he said belligerently to the pair.

@Agnodice @Ryeline 
talk

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

Someone's blocking my sun.

The duchess' curvaceous ears flicked backwards, turquoise gaze flicking to the chestnut mare who had situated herself right in front of Agnodice's sun. Her lips pursed into a frown, glancing up at the mare with a striking glare. Her perky greeting and kind, innocent words did not help Agnodice feel any less resentment for the mare.

A small voice in the back of her head cursed her, ("Agnodice! Don't frown, a princess is polite, a princess is supple, a princess is soft," her mother would say) the alabaster and onyx mare's own inadequacy was only adding more gasoline to this fire.

"Agnodice,"  she spoke softly, flatly, moving her eyes back to her herbs. She pulled her legs closer to her body, tossing a tendril of long, onyx mane from her face to see better (though the silky lock would return to where it had been in only a few moments, it always does). "I'm sorting herbs,"  She stated, nosing one of her small piles to make sure no pieces were out of place. She flicked an ear towards the mare, curious as to what she would do. Dice had never said she couldn't join her, but she never said she could.

Stomp.

Squish.

Stomp.

Agnodice's eyes moved to the dark horse approaching, mentally groaning at his presence. She was just trying to have a relaxing evening to sort herbs, but that did not seem like much of a possibility at this moment. She expected him to nicker something trivial, a greeting, or attempt to seduce them. That is not what happened.

"Who are you?" His voice came dripping with hostility.

The mare sat there for a moment, brow raised, taken aback. No one had ever spoke to her like that. He smelled of the falls (despite being soaked, his wet dog smell had a distinctive forested twinge to it).

"Who am I? Who are you? Does your nose fail you? We live in the same herd. I've lived here for months. I'm a healer," Her voice was it's usual  monotone, though it began to develop a mocking sense to it. She rose from her resting place, moving to stand between the boy and her glass basket. "What is your rank? A spy, a crafter, a warrior? Maybe the next time I see your little carcass on the brink of death, I'll leave you for dead. Though I'm not sure that even the vultures would find an appetite for your rotten flesh,"  She flicked her tail, her words flowing and ebbing despite their harshness.

"Think before you speak, boy. Apologize to Ryeline. She does not deserve to be spoken to in that manner,"  Agnodice spat, turning her head away from the stallion in disgust. She wasn't angry, she was offended. But like her view on sexism, she believed that ignorance could be healed.

The mare's eyes moved to her hooves before trailing back up to the stallion. "I'm Agnodice. Would you like to join us? We're sunbathing and sorting herbs,"  She spoke, less harsh this time, hoping Ryeline wouldn't mind being dragged into her plans. Her features had softened, eyes round and doe like. She wasn't quick to forgive, but she was quick to heal. She had already formulated a plan to heal his unworldly mind, and this was just a piece of that. Perhaps she could teach the boy about a couple herbs. If he were some sort of fighter, then it would be useful for him to have knowledge of something that could be used to heal a few minor injuries. That would be somewhere to start, at least.  

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain