[OPEN] All play and no work.

Riel Posts: 15
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo

in the golden lightning of the sunken sun
o'er which clouds are bright'ning thou dost float and run
like an unbodied joy whose race is just begun

It is another early morning in the Dragon’s Throat and a sunny one well into the season of Orangemoon.  The temperature has dipped from the blazing heat of Tallsun but it still climbs during the daylight hours and this climb begins as soon as the sun rises.  With the rising of that sun Riel too rises, in every sense of the word.  She is wakeful, energetic and flying.  It is no longer her habit to be only in the clouds but she has not abandoned this past time.  What winged creature living in such a grand open space could resist the temptation of those vast blue skies?  

So it is that she is soaring, her golden hide glittering in the sunlight, above the oasis when she spots movement on its sandy shores.  The movement is caused by a good looking mare of average height, but even average is tall compared to delicate little Riel.  This moving creature is of a bold red hue splashed in white, not a glittery coat but still an attractive one.  It is the great, feathered wings tucked against her sides that draw in her observer though.

I came back to the desert because I found, against all odds, that I longed for the permanence of one home.  Thus far I have done very little to establish myself and this must change immediately.  I do not wish to be seen as a flittering, unstable presence that can not be counted on.  Too much of my life has already been wasted in moping over what has happened in the past.  This does not sit well with my normal, sunny personality and it too needs to change.  I still desire a reunion with my family and should I ever accomplish it I will count myself manh times blessed but I have spent long enough hunting from them to no avail.  They are not dead!  I will never accept death as the explanation for their absence unless provided with cold hard evidence of it.  I will accept that where ever they are it is somewhere I can not easily join them in.  So, now I will make my own life with only their memories in it.  This will be a life built on the skills they taught me, a life in which I achieve and maintain a strong reputation as someone worth knowing and trusting.

Today I am flying looking for unknown herd members to introduce myself to.  It is a happy coincidence that the first being I spot is a winged and feathered one.  To date the only properly winged equine I have come across was Ampere and I was beginning to worry that she might be the only one in these parts.  That is not to say I have anything against those who can not fly, not in the least.  Still, there games of the air that can only be played with others who share the gift of flight and I think I would lose part of myself were I cursed to play them alone.

“Good day to you wing sister!”

The golden girl calls down to the red and white pegasus as she dips and banks heading towards the ground near the other mare’s position.  She lands gracefully and draws her wings up choosing to let the sun thoroughly warm both sides before attempting to fold them.  With a quick toss of her head that sends the bells in her mane to trill their merry, tinkling song she walks forward until she is only a few paces away from the unknown pegasus.  

Her ears prick forward with interest as she takes note of the activity being undertaken.  Carefully, painstakingly, a rope of woven vine takes shape beneath the careful ministrations of the stranger.

“What task are you about?”

This time her voice is a low whisper edged with something approaching reverence. 

the pale purple even melts around thy flight
like a star of Heaven in the broad daylight
thou art unseen, but yet I hear thy shrill delight
(Image Credits | table by Chan | quote from "to a skylark" by Percy Bysshe Shelley)

@Nasreen
@Cera
hope you don't mind, I think she and Nas will get along well. :)

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Messages In This Thread
All play and no work. - by Nasreen - 12-09-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: All play and no work. - by Riel - 12-17-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: All play and no work. - by Nasreen - 12-20-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: All play and no work. - by Cera - 12-27-2015, 04:32 PM