the Rift

[OPEN] One Million Bullets

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
SIRENS AND SMOKE REMIND US

As they had travelled Ghost had spared a few glances towards her friend, thoughtful glances filled with questions and curiosity. It was hard to believe that once the banshee had not ever wanted friends, had always wanted to be alone and never associated herself with too many souls. What had changed to make her change? As she had gazed at Essetia she wondered if it was because of horses like her, who got close to her despite her peculiar nature and showed her that some emotions were worth experiencing. That having a few friends to share her memories with made them more memorable than if she had been alone. Ghost had come a long way from what she used to be and she had a small suspicion that perhaps Essetia was the same, or at least similar. It wasn’t just the battle for the Falls, it was something else, something too big for words. Or perhaps the sprite was speculating too much and reading way too far into things. In the end, she shrugged her curiosity off and enjoyed the easy companionship the accompanied their journey, enjoying the new sights that came with the appearance of Orangemoon. Even Fantôme was happy to have a friend who was much like him.

As they approached the Dragons Throat, Ghost had become so comfortable in the simplicity of their companionship that the sound of Essetia’s voice made her jump and jolted her back into the present. "I’d be disappointed if you came back saying you wanted to be anything else but a spy" she snorted, giving the girl a side glance "with your experience, I don’t think it will take long for you to get back into it" she shrugged, Essetia was just as capable as Ghost at sneaking around anyway.

The two approached the shoreline that cut the Throat off from the mainland of Helovia, the lacking of land never troubled the winged hybrid, but she imagined it was rather disconcerting to those who did not fly. It was almost like if you wanted to join the desert land then flight must be forced upon you. It was an intriguing natural defence, but islands soon became traps for its own people if a clever army invaded. "Here" she said, tossing her key to Essetia "my key should help you cross" she nodded to the gap between lands before taking to the skies herself and then she considered the question the girl had last asked.

"Different?" Ghost echoed Essetia thoughtfully. Was it all that different? Helovia seemed to go through cycles of blissful peace that expired into hell. "It is peaceful now, but we’ve had some strange occurrences" she thought back to the rifts and the battles, the deaths and the new lands. "A little while ago the Gods discovered new parts of Helovia, the Blood Falls just north of the Threshold, the Halcyon Flats south-ish of the Deep Forest and the Riptide Isles just off the coast of the Flats to the East of the Throat island. There is another place though I do no know where it is" she began the tale; there was one more unknown land on her to do list to discover. "However with these lands came strange Rifts to other, darker worlds and through these Rifts came horses whom our Gods claimed to be saving. However, they also brought evil Gods with them, we had to fight and much blood was shed. However, I believe these places are now neutralised" she said the last line with less confidence, the Gods hadn’t been exactly right in all of their predictions after all. "Disease also came through these so-called Rifts, we had a few strange cases in the Throat, but this too I believe has been cured" her nose visibly rippled, Ghost had not been secret about her distaste when it came to disease and sickness.

"Sorry it’s a rather convoluted story, but I suppose Helovia may seem quiet because of what happened" she looked at Essetia, perhaps because Ghost hadn’t been outside of the land it seemed the same as usual to her.

Finally, her lips twisted into a humourous smile as she reached down and grabbed her necklace, the vial of tiger God blood swinging on the end of it "look I even got a souvenir!" she laughed and only when the laughter trailed off did she look to her friend speculatively "so, what happened to you?"

MAYBE THE WORLD WON'T FIND US

@Essetia
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
One Million Bullets - by Essetia - 12-10-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: One Million Bullets - by Ghost - 12-12-2015, 06:33 AM