the Rift

Got Your Name On A Matchbook [Auri v. Vol]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel
A single pale ear curved away from its companion, my eyes trailed its lead. A small smile crept onto my features, and my anxiety settled somewhat. The stallion that approached was one I knew. It's a faded memory, a wisp of my childhood where he was present amongst snow and smoke. He was a dainty, gangly creature that I had used as a lab rat. But he is dainty and gangly no longer.

As he neared me, his crimson colored eyes swept my flank, a twinge of anxiety poured back into my senses. He looked at me differently than he did in our youth, his gaze was hungry, one of a predators. I took a tentative step back to study his own frame, though in that set of circumstances, I was not pleased with what I saw. He was tall, taller than myself by more than what I was comfortable with. His body was scarred, whilst my own pelt was still free of those imperfections. If he were to be my opponent, then I would be fighting one who claims more experience than I could ever dream of having.

I didn't let the intimidation I felt leak onto my features, though. My pale gaze met his with a sharp provocative gleam to it. "Volterra,"  I purred alluringly as a seductive haze of smoke billowed from my lips. I aimed to use my femininity to its fullest extent. After all, who would dare to hurt a lady? "It's been too long since we've seen each other last,"  I whispered, eyeing the blood colored dragon above our heads. The creature seemed ravenous, but it left as soon as Volterra declared himself my opponent. My brow raised, gaze flicked back to his, intrigued by the notion that he would pick me as a sparring partner.

I rolled my shoulders back, tucked my head and braced for the attack he had in mind. I was beginning to feel anxious again, fear coursed through my body when I saw him come closer. He attacked in a flurry of black and sweat; for in that moment, his daunting form paralyzed me. Before I knew it his chest was against mine, knocking the air from my lungs in a thick haze of smoke. I gasped for air, simultaneously sliding back as he plowed into me. I understood that he would be a capable opponent, but I was not prepared for him to be so directly forceful. My 'act like a lady,' technique did not work as well as I had hoped.

As my chest ached and I struggled to regain my breath, I felt his teeth sink into the right side of my neck. This pain was different from the blunt force that spread through my chest, this pain stung. I gasped sharply, holding back tears as I was sure his bite was drawing blood. My wound couldn't burn that badly and not bleed. But the pain he inflicted upon me was what I had asked for. This would be the price I pay to ensure the safety of my family.  

I can't let anything happen to them.

I clenched my teeth, and attempted to firmly root myself back to the ground. My gaze is no longer entranced by the crimson that colors his eyes or what he looked like two years ago, oh no, I was focused on what was ahead. My tactful mind raced with ideas of how I could switch our situation, though I came up with few ideas. The feeling of his sleek, sweat coated pelt against my own did not help me stay focused at all. He was so close, so alive, so large and so clearly dominating me with his size. His eagerness to control me in a flashy display of testosterone and height was just going to be a factor I had to accept. If he was to use his height against me, then so be it, I would do the same. I attempted to rear abruptly, aiming my right knee for his chest in a way that would push him up and back, away from my side. Concurrently, I tucked my head further and jabbed my split horn at the base of the left side of his neck, though not hard enough for the tips to go deep enough to do any life-threatening damage.

My actions aimed to send a firm message: 'Get. The. Fuck. Off.'

@Volterra
WC: 737
Attack: 1/3

thank you!! best of luck (even though you don't need it lol)!! magic is fine with me :3
she belongs to the fire
Image Credit
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got Your Name On A Matchbook [Auri v. Vol] - by Auriel - 12-13-2015, 11:29 PM