the Rift

[PRIVATE] when your heart's turned to gold

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Iso feels a coldness welling in her avian loins.

The sight of Erthe and Ophelia - and the ease with which Volterra speaks to them, the apparent history between them, sends a shiver through her soul. She had thought ... perhaps not consciously, but she had thought, that perhaps her interactions with Volterra were unique. The ... electricity she felt in her muscles and the warming sensation in her body, she came to realize, were not in anyway monogamous to her with regard to Volterra, but she had thought that perhaps their verbal conversations were ... why she thought that Volterra was perhaps as guarded as she, she didn't know. It was an unfounded assumption, and the more the girl thought about it, the more silly she realized it to be. He was not like her. She ... she had made a mistake. And that made her feel worse than the idea that Volterra's sphere of influence was far larger than she had ever imagined.

The words, I like your helmet, sat silently on her lips. I have one too, want to see? But she couldn't say a word. Her mouth was too dry, and the feeling of joy that spread to her from Hubris felt like a staggering weight. It felt insulting - like a ray of light highlighting just how dark and isolated her heart truly was. Highlighting just how different she was.

I thought I..

I thought you ...

I thought that we...

The thoughts simmered unfinished in her mind. Although they weren't unfinished. They had already taken hold, taken root deep inside of her. Perhaps why this feeling of betrayal, of realization, of love friendship, felt so broken. Isopia, who had never really felt anything before, suddenly felt heartache.

Hubris.

She called silently, not even able to turn her golden gaze towards the dragon. But Hubris was not listening. Instead, he was marvelling in Tinek's frost, waving sadly towards Verzes and his decision not to play, and joining the baby gold in the skies. His wings spread and joy filled his body as he glided on bronzey wings after Vadir. The bronze trilled after the gold and silver, happily swimming through the skies as he participated in Vadir's first flight.

Hubris-

Her mental voice was somehow so much drastically colder (hurt) that Hubris took notice. As Vadir 'landed', the bronze looked towards the tree branch were Isopia had been sitting, only to find it empty. With a wave and polite trill towards the dragons, Hubris flew into the trees, following his bond-tug to where raven-Isopia was flying swiftly away from the gathering.

awkward Iso OUT.

isopia
in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
when your heart's turned to gold - by Volterra - 12-12-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Isopia - 12-12-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Ophelia - 12-12-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Erthë - 12-12-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Isopia - 12-13-2015, 11:48 AM