the Rift

[OPEN] The House of Wolves

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
And although I wasn't losing my mind, It was a chorus so sublime
The sands exhaled beneath him as he approached, and had I only my sense of awareness to rely on, I may not have noticed. The roar of the waves and the constant thrum of their refrain only served to deafen and elude me of callers. However, I detected no ill wishes from the stallion advancing across the dunes and instead greeted him with a half-smile. He was similar in build to that of my father, a foreboding titan even, but his eyes were kind enough (though appearances were so often misleading). However, the great antlers perched atop his skull were somewhat distracting and I watched them as he neared, imagining how many eyes were turned toward the large leviathan when he wandered.

Even at a distance I could not identify the telltale signs of herd life upon his skin, but only the scent of the briny sea. It was no mystery as to why Romul chose to return to my side after I’d warned him of the stallion’s arrival, and when he did, he came with as little grace and patience as possible. The wolf had grown up beneath my own wing, whereupon he’d learned more than one bad behavior. Instead of greeting the stranger with the kind of respect and curiosity native to my own disposition, Romul returned with teeth bared, sporting a silent snarl that was never destined to pass his lips.

When at last the titan was close enough to speak, or at least close enough for me to hear, he proffered a somewhat dissatisfactory nod. If I’d been treading on stolen lands, I certainly wasn’t aware, but his presence felt more obligatory than voluntary. “It could have been. Did we startle you?” I questioned with an amused smile. As an afterthought, I rumbled softly at my wolf until he was finally coaxed into relaxing at my haunches. Even as I watched him, a predator tamed to heel, I spoke softly to the stallion in hopes that he wouldn’t take Romul’s behavior to heart. “He’s not good with strangers… As a matter of fact, I can’t say that either of us are,” I stated before finally returning my pale gaze to the titan.

Now that he was before me, I noticed the outstanding green of his eyes and, upon further thought, the heavy lilt of his accent. It had certainly taken me a moment to recognize the sharp tones, but they were undoubtedly there. “What brings you to the sea?” I questioned without hesitation or any real interest. After all, he had been the one to bring us together, it was only right that I gripped him close. Perhaps there was something I could learn from him, some tidbit of information that might be able to help me in future days.

OOC | Poor grammar, poor grammar everywhere~
Image Credit

Grimalkin | Sorry it took me so long, the holidays and work just took the life right out of me. x.x

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
The House of Wolves - by Essetia - 12-12-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Grimalkin - 12-23-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Essetia - 12-27-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Grimalkin - 12-30-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Essetia - 01-02-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Grimalkin - 01-05-2016, 05:07 AM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Essetia - 01-05-2016, 10:16 PM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Grimalkin - 01-09-2016, 09:44 PM