the Rift

Old Hats

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
You found the secret,
you’d kill it
just to keep it.
It had been awhile since I stepped foot into the Threshold once again. The last time I was here, I was taken away by a little colt with such ambition in the world and a heartbreak from having wings and unable to fly. This time was different, as I flew above the treetops, gazing down at the different paths in the land that I had always stepped upon by foot. Never to have seen them from such a great height before. I briefly saw it before I found the few outcasts that had greeted me upon landing. And during my time here I got to experience in its entirety, the magic I had been granted with. It was nearly a liberating experience, and I was pleased to know that I hadn't stumbled upon the paths of Archibald or Knox. It was relieving, but I was also throwing myself back out into the open. Hoping to not stumble across someone I would regret later one.

However as time went by, my wings grew more and more tired. The heights to which I had reached were now getting lower and lower, feeling the traces of my tail bounce across the branches that poked up from the skyline. But then I saw a figure, someone that nearly seemed eerily familiar. A strange creature that I couldn't quite place. Dropping lower in my height, I followed the beast from a distance, seeing another smaller creature similar to a canine making a path ahead that the beast followed. Raising an eyebrow at it, I grew even more curious. Lowering my height and reaching the ground from behind the beast, I could then tell in the distance between him and I, just who it was.

My heartbeat raced, stone eyes growing bright with a light that I hadn't felt in awhile. Evers. Ears perked to the stallion and his companion as I felt my hooves race across the ground. "Evers! EVERS!" I nearly screamed to him. Hooves beating across the ground until I caught up with him. It had been a large amount of time. Would he remember me? How did I remember him? My heart raced to the pulse I felt when I had fought in the lands away from Helovia. Wings pressing into my back tightly to avoid any stray branches, muscles pulsating with each movement and the large thumps across the ground from large hooves. Stone eyes watching the stallion with a pleading look almost to say 'you have to remember me.'

Once I caught up to Evers, heart pounding with heavy breathing, a large smile fell upon my lips. "Evers! It's me. Darwin!" I raised my head proud, flexing my wings as if to show him how big and strong I had grown to be. Remembering that the last time we had seen each other, I was still a colt. Young, small, still unable to fly. My excitement seemed to know no bounds with him. I only hoped that he had as much of a grudge against Archibald and Knox as I did. After all, Evers was there to take me away from the events that happened. Did he know that they killed her too? Was he as upset and frightened of them as I was? Or would he be completely different to the Evers that I remembered from my past?

"Talk."
darwin
image credits

@Evers

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Old Hats - by Evers - 12-12-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Old Hats - by Darwin - 12-14-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Tilney - 12-14-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Macaria - 12-19-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: Old Hats - by Evers - 01-13-2016, 06:42 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Darwin - 01-14-2016, 12:48 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Tilney - 01-20-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Time - 02-23-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Old Hats - by Macaria - 02-25-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Old Hats - by Evers - 03-01-2016, 10:22 AM