the Rift

Old Hats

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
You found the secret,
you’d kill it
just to keep it.
My heartbeat raced like hooves across the land as the roan turned to face me. Aged, but still the same Evers I remembered from so many years ago. It felt like an eternity since we had last seen each other, and as the little canine companion to my brother bounded up to me I reached my broad muzzle down to her, aiming to brush my muzzle on the top of her head for mere moments. Before any actual reunions could take hold, a large sound of a collapse filled the fogged air. Evers bounded near me and I flung my wings out from my sides, ready to cover Evers and Rita if the sky began to fall. However, few moments passed before the sound finished and a cry for help grew loud over the land – close to us both thankfully and not.

Ears flickered in a frenzy to pinpoint the sound as a chirp from a child screamed to us. I was slightly annoyed by the sudden break in what could have been such a joyous reunion. Returning my wings to my side, I swiftly followed my brother to the commotion. Spotting the gray filly as she held a strong root, listening as Evers asked me to check on him and help him out. Nodding, but staying silent, I turned my head to the large hole in the cave. Extending my wings, I stepped back from the hole and turned away from it. It seemed to be a tight fit, but my small body would make it work. I took a bit of a brisk jog to get myself started into the air and once I had, I spun to face the hole before pulling my wings in and diving into it.

It wasn’t long until I reached the frightened stallion, lucky to stay alive by the thread of a rock that had not yet fallen. Flapping my wings again now, I managed to get myself to hover, unsure how far down the crevice would go. Turning my stone eyes to the caramel stallion, I smiled to him gently. “Hey friend, you’ve got some help up there, I think they have a root up there you could try grabbing onto, I’m going to try from down here and push you up. So you’re going to need to help me out, okay?” I spoke briefly, powerful wings causing dust to begin to rise off the walls the more I flapped them. Once I was sure the stallion understood, I lowered myself in the air before moving closer to him, awkwardly edging my head to press up on him, flapping my wings even harder to try and lift the heavy stallion that appeared to be much larger than I.

Unfortunately, the place my head resided was one of the more regrettable places as I pressed the side of my head under his rump, muscles rippling under gray-white skin as my wings lifted both the weight of me and the unnamed stag. Now, it was up to the stranger to help me out.

"Talk."
darwin
image credits

Permission from Neverrmind to PP Tilney a little bit :D
@Evers @Tilney @Macaria

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Old Hats - by Evers - 12-12-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Old Hats - by Darwin - 12-14-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Tilney - 12-14-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Macaria - 12-19-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: Old Hats - by Evers - 01-13-2016, 06:42 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Darwin - 01-14-2016, 12:48 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Tilney - 01-20-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Old Hats - by Time - 02-23-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Old Hats - by Macaria - 02-25-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Old Hats - by Evers - 03-01-2016, 10:22 AM