the Rift

[OPEN] greet the dawn || meet your doom

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
“No,” Amaris murmured as her mother spoke, as Akaith so easily placed the amulet around her nape, as reality seemed to truly sink in and suddenly when she thought she had more time it was taken away from her and everything just came crashing down around her. As Mirage fell, she felt Akaith’s final thought, a flurry of emotion but a somewhere within there a confused and muffled call for me, but the champagne mare could not process it at this time -

“No!” she intoned more fervently, even as her mother fell to the ground. Amaris followed, bending her knees as the golden dragon that was her mother’s companion floated down to rest upon her bonded’s nape for the last time. But no matter how she cried or shouted, two magnificent souls left the earth this day, and she was powerless to stop them. Maybe once she was done grieving, she would come to accept this, but right now, she knew she had to let the emotions roll over her, to let them play out – if she held them back, they would only riot within her, stirring havoc and ill, irrational sensations.

With shuddering sobs rattling through her, she reached out so that only her nose was touching the still-soft, inky muzzle of her mother, almost as if she was checking if the mare was still breathing – but no, the breathing ceased almost when the heart did – it was all Amaris could do to watch as the Sun rose and lightened the world around her, birthing a dawn on a day she would never forget. Its rays peeked through the branches of the autumn trees around her, and she felt its warm kiss upon her scaled hide as she watched it attempt to light up Amaris’ similarly golden scales – but they were dull and lifeless now, the dragon ever-faithful, passing with its master.

It was only some time later, that Amaris realised her mother’s bracelet of everlasting midnight was missing – and it troubled her for perhaps a few minutes, before she was overwhelmed once more with grief and sorrow, mingled with anger at the unfairness of it all – but then sobered by the following thoughts of it would be unfair if she should live any longer in a life of regrets.

I’m sorry, the DragonHeart’s last words, her last breath, seeking forgiveness for all the hate in the world she had caused. How could Amaris ever hope to do as her mother wished? How could she ever accomplish such a request, an apology for all? Amaris, though raised seeing the good and strength that was in her mother, knew the things she had done too, knew the chaos and pain the DragonHeart had stirred – and loved her for it as only a daughter can do – she did not know what to do, how to do her dying request.

I will live my life to right what wrongs I can in the world, she thought to herself, a whisper amongst the sobs, a promise she hoped she would be able to keep as the years wore on.

But for now, the champagne mare became a mere girl again, crying at the sight of her mother in death.

[ Open for all to attend ]
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart

@Kaj @Tandavi @Cathun
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mirage - 12-13-2015, 04:56 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Amaris - 12-13-2015, 04:58 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mirage - 12-13-2015, 05:01 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Amaris - 12-13-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mauja - 12-13-2015, 12:51 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Aaron - 12-13-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Tembovu - 12-13-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Amaris - 12-14-2015, 01:52 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Elsa - 12-14-2015, 10:37 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mauja - 12-14-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Alune - 12-14-2015, 05:51 PM