the Rift

[OPEN] greet the dawn || meet your doom

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

AARON
A SHEPHERD I SHALL BE, FOR THEE, MY LORD, FOR THEE, POWER HATH DESCENDED FORTH FROM THY HAND, THAT MY FEET MAY SWIFTLY CARRY OUT THY COMMAND, SO I SHALL FLOW A RIVER FORTH TO THEE AND TEEMING WITH SOULS SHALL IT EVER BE

"Kiba burned you." I heard the words, yet my focus was still on the spotted one. The one I now knew for sure had used ice spikes against me in the invasion for World's Edge years ago... The same ice spikes that had pierced my little sister's father and ended his life much to soon... He was the reason my little sisters had lost a parent long before they should of known that loss. It had been a loss that I had not been ready for them to know, shortly followed by our mother. Maybe that was why the girls had all passed on long before me. Because in their short lives they had lost so much more than I had. Granted I was only a few years older, but they lost both at once. Torasin had been almost like a Dad to both Azale and I. Her father had never been in the picture, where mine had more than likely never made it out of Anarore. Everything goes back to him I barely noticed, okay well Alanna noticed as a young stallion who actually reminds me of Lace arriving. He leaves shortly after he had come into sight. It's only then that something that had been said before seems to click in my mind. "you're not the only one who is dead. Lace is dead, too. Psyche is dead. Aviya is dead. Snö—" I do not know who Psyche, Aviya and Snö are, but Lace... "No. It can't be." Not Lace too.

My mind only refocuses as Mauja admits that yes, Kiba had in fact burned him. "It was an accident, Aaron. Torasin's death was an accident." I nod silently, but fully intend to press the stallion farther. I needed to know, to understand what had happened that day. Why had Torasin died? What had made his death an accident? Alanna leaves my side for a moment, but I do not call her back. I don't even try to see where she goes. But I learn later it was to my boy. She had greeted him, in place of me. "Your son, Brendan is here." About that time I feel his presence at my side. I turn, allowing my tear streaked face to look upon my treasured boy. "Brendan, I am glad to see you my son. But, where is your mother?" For I realize with a slight prod from Alanna that he is alone. I hope the fact that he is here alone does not mean something has happened to Phantom.

No sooner than the words left my mouth, the spotted stallion speaks again. "Do not let the rest of the forest burn," I nudge Brendan to step back with me, as I call to life a magic that I rarely used. Dragons made of fire, burst to life just above my head. The heat from them extremely warm... Okay maybe warm is putting it mildly. But thankfully I do not hold them over my head long. Together, the two royal dragons of fire join the albatross as it moves forward to Mirage. The last thing I can do for her, is to follow her daughter's wishes. I only look away from Mirage's now burning body to see Amaris standing close to Brendan. "She explained to Brendan. Best way of explaining for his age. Not to harsh." I would explain later, when he was older. As Amaris moved about the fire keeping the flames in line, I moved as well. But not before speaking to Brendan. "Stay with Alanna." Together, we moved about making sure that the forest that we both once called home did not burn. The giant took his leave, and I was grateful for that.

Instead of returning to my son, I move toward Majua. I need to understand, which means bad memories being dragged back to the surface for both of us. I speak, my voice low. I do not want Amaris or Brendan to hear, simply because I don't think this is the time for either of them. But for me, I needed the closure. I needed it and who knows if or when I would ever get my chance again. "I ask not as a trail, but as a family member who just simply needs to understand... What happened that day, the day that Torasin and Kiba died?"

"Talk"
"Alanna speaks"

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Messages In This Thread
greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mirage - 12-13-2015, 04:56 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Amaris - 12-13-2015, 04:58 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mirage - 12-13-2015, 05:01 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Amaris - 12-13-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mauja - 12-13-2015, 12:51 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Aaron - 12-13-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Tembovu - 12-13-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Amaris - 12-14-2015, 01:52 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Elsa - 12-14-2015, 10:37 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mauja - 12-14-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Alune - 12-14-2015, 05:51 PM