the Rift

The shine on the waves [EARTH/WATER DROP]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Buried in earth and water

Gracefully the waves played against the isles that now littered the water. Bright greens and blues inter played easily among themselves as sunlight filtered down from an overcast sky. Otters frolicked, racing each other through tendrils of seaweed, while dolphins merrily leapt through the air, daring each to try and arc higher and higher.

It was peaceful here. Beautiful.

In the water, a glistening ball of light shone through. It was picked up by one of the otters, and tossed happily to the other. Seeing the ball of light attracted the dolphins, who swam over to join in this merry game of catch, and keep away. The creatures chattered to each other, some how understanding the language of those around them, and continued to play, unfettered and unhindered by their differeing species. 

"Come play with us!" The called, seemingly telepathically, as the group continued to toss the glowing ball of light back and forth between themselves. Water splashed around them in a glistening array as one of the otters grabbed the ball and dove deep down into the sea bed, before launching the ball upwards to where one of the dolphins caught it, tossing it into the air, only to catch it again.

This is a water / earth magic drop. In order to enter, you must have water, earth, or a hybrid of those magics on your wishlist for at least a month. Please post a link to your wishlist, the magic you would like, and any prior refusals or extra VOTG rolls that you have which are relevant.

You have 72 hours to respond.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Exploring was a way to get her mind off things. She had already discovered the green labyrinth in all of its mysterious glory, but there was much more to be discovered. Elsa had heard that more lands exist, just waiting to be explored. It still amazed here that a rift in the whole time space continuum shit brought new lands forth. The chances of that happening seemed impossible.

But there she flew, taking off to fly over the lands. Flying towards the South East, Elsa began to see islands pop up in the distance. These had never been here before, that she was sure of. Carefully, she flew above to get an aerial view. It seemed harmless at least for now, and bursting with animals. Otters, dolphins and other aquatic creatures alike seemed to be frolicking in the water. They were tossing a glowing ball back and forth, and it caused Elsa to smile. Maybe here was the way to escape everything. It was untouched, unconnected… blissful really.

A voice wormed its way into the back of her head. It was begging her to come play. Hesitance colored her demeanor, was this a trap? Carefully she dove lower, careful to keep her distance. But all seemed well… and she could escape aquatic animals… right? Elsa let out a small cry of happiness and dove after the orb, if they were gonna play monkey in the middle, she was determined to not be stuck in the center. She’d never seen an orb quite like this before, or this island, or these animals… it was a  whole new world.

Wishlist
[Water x Fire (u) || Can summon ice that burns a specific part of the body, as well as attacking the nerves making the point of contact numb.]
No Prior Refusals
Elsa tries to join in and knock the orb around.
"talk"

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

DEAD I AM THE DOG, HOUND OF HELL YOU CRY
DEVIL ON YOUR BACK, I CAN NEVER DIE

The sounds of happiness, of play, draw the skull-faced behemoth towards them. His dragons swoop and swirl above him, using their eyes to lend him an aerial view of a variety of sea creatures bounding and frolicking through the waves. Whilst Vérzés scoffs at the idiocy of the playing creatures, Vadir's emotions are less scornful, less condescending. The monolith is still getting to know the golden queen with whom he now shares his mind, but he's already noticed numerous differences between her and the bloodthirsty red. Perhaps it's her youth, and she will morph as she ages, but so far it is a relief to have a dragon with a slightly different personality to the crimson. She is ice to his fire; ironic given that he is the one with frost breath.

The Isles bring back wonderful memories of the slaughter of Gashad, and there's a dreamy look in the giant's eye as he prowls across the sand towards the water's edge. Waves lap gently at his massive hooves as he stands and squints out to sea, cursing his lack of wings. He could swim, of course, but how will that get him anything? Through the circling red and gold dragons, he sees the sea creatures throwing their orb through the air, and greed flashes in his eyes. That orb looks like it contains power, power that could further add to his strength and impressive armoury. Whilst Vérzés soars back towards him and nestles grumpily upon the young warlord's shoulders, Vadir remains gliding lazily around, her golden scales glimmering magnificently in the sunlight.

A pegasus mare flies towards the orb and tries to join in - the beast raises a sardonic eyebrow, but doesn't remark on it. Vadir resumes her circling, lazily beating her wings and admiring the scene below her with a cold, cunning precision. Then, with a tilt of her body, she swoops down towards the orb, aiming to grab it between her dextrous forepaws and drag it down into the water. From the shoreline, Volterra watches, intrigued. Vérzés, meanwhile, huffs in disgust and turns his back on the scene to preen his scales, his tail swinging idly across the stallion's back. ""

wishlist
Seeking: [Magic: Earth x Fire | Can create and animate golems made of stone with fire inside them.] No prior refusals.

Vadir tries to capture the orb and drag it underwater whilst Volterra looks on from the shore.

DEAD I AM THE ONE, EXTERMINATING SON
SLIPPING THROUGH THE TREES, STRANGLING THE BREEZE
aquila-chrysaetos.flickr

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
Webbed hooves stalked the sands, leaving long strands of ripples from her scaled and striped cannon-bones as she walked through the rolling waters. Large eyes, never blinking, swept the shoreline, stripping it bare of the beauty. She saw only the patterns of the tides, angles of the dunes, and prismatic contortions of light. A life beneath the waves made the seashore rather dull in comparison. There was no weightlessness, no currents to sway tube worms poking from brightly colored coral. This shore was not impressive.

Such were her thoughts when yellow and teal ringed irises were captured by the flitting and fluttering of water and light. A call echoed in her head, tan ears pinned in response. ‘Play?’ There was no use for playing. She (finally) blinks once, assessing the orb of light that bounced through the air, submerged beneath the waves, then was lofted once more by a dolphin.

A subtle snort leaves her plated nostrils as curiosity bent craving drizzled in her skull. It was impulsive, and incredibly stupid, to chase after the promising ball of light without circling and assessing the risks. She knew better. She had survived the Rift, after all, thanks to her tactics.

And yet…

Soundlessly, with the smallest of splashes, she disappeared into the sea. Long limbs and webbed hooves glided the seahorse through the waves. Her ridged head remained above the surface for a few moments as she watched the otters, dolphins, white pegasus mare, and golden dragon reach for the prism of light.

And then she was beneath the waves, joining the euphoric dolphins with her calculating coldness— but, now in the sea, a barest glimmer of a smile crossed her austere, warpainted face. She watched from beneath the waves, drifting under the orb as it lobbed above her and following it when it was carried beneath the waves.

Wishlist
:: [Magic: WaterxDark | Barbs in her tail are filled with neurotoxin which inject once barbed into tissues. They cause instant burning on injection.]
:: [Restrictions: Variable concentration of toxin in each barb. Effects range from dizziness, nasuea, respiratory depression, cardaic depression, and death depending on amount administered. Must be in tissues for extended period of time for more severe effects. Requires permission.]
Summary: Aquila stalks the ball of light beneath the waves.
No prior refusals
men have drowned
in seas such as these

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
And I can't take one more moment of this silence
The loneliness is haunting me
For the second time, I visited the Riptide Isles in hopes of rooting up some mystery. The last time we’d come, Romul and I had thoroughly enjoyed the cerulean blues of the ocean and the unseasonably warm rays of an autumn sun. However, the shore seemed to be alive with energy this time and it appeared as though my companion and I weren’t the only ones to be swayed by the pull of the islands and their beauty. After carefully picking my way across sandy shoals and shallow waters, I noticed the creatures that had captured everyone’s attention. Amidst the foamy waves, otters and dolphins alike swam and jumped against the ocean’s tide. They were certainly in a merry mood, all frolicking and playing while residents of Helovia watched from beyond. At first I was content to let the onlookers maintain their solitude, but when a glowing bulb of light surfaced from beneath the waves, I strayed from my course and approached the gathering.

Elsa was the first face I recognized amongst the congregation and after our sad parting in the Threshold I was eager to see how she was doing. Instead of finding my own place within the line of equines, pegasi, and sea-like hybrids, I worked my way toward Elsa’s side in order to offer her a gentle smile. “Hello friend,” I murmured softly when I’d come close enough for her to hear. However, the snow-white mare seemed distracted, and when I realized why, I paused in my tracks to listen to the internal beckoning that could only be influenced by magic from the gods. "Come play", they called from the sea in jovial voices that were not uttered from thin, black, otter lips. I watched silently as Elsa turned away in order to move toward the water, whereupon she joined the oceanic creatures in their play.

Others attempted to join the festivities as well and I stood idly by while a golden dragon tried to wrestle the orb underwater. The hybrid mare had already retreated into the sea, and while I wasn’t sure what she planned to do, I knew that I too wanted to join. Like Elsa, I decided to press into the waves with Romul at my heels. However, I sent him a mental message to veer off toward the left while I turned toward the right. Together we hoped to locate the orb and toss it into the waiting hands of our partner.

Wishlist
[Magic: Dark x Earth:: Ability to summon shadow wolves that resemble Romul (their colors would vary from black to brown timber wolves)]
[Restrictions: Cannot be felt but can be seen]
No Prior Refusals
Essetia goes right and Romul goes left to try and tag-team the orb away in the game of catch.
Azagus@DA

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Wandering had become the normal lifestyle for the lone stallion since it had become apparent that he would not fit in anywhere else on this forsaken landscape. Most of those he had met had seemed decent enough but there was none that had actually captured his interest long enough to make him want to venture near any of the herd lands. Since things had seemed to quiet down after the battles the large stag really had no other purpose left to serve. It was almost like he had been brought here to fight in the battles to right the wrongs but not that it was over what more was he good for?

Returning to the site of one of the particularly ugly battlegrounds his eyes find a scene totally opposite of what had been not all that long ago. Instead of blood and gore there was a scene of what he assumed would be happiness and joy. Sea creatures played in the water without any regards to those who had also chosen to interact with them. A white pegasus had caught his eye trying to bat around the light ball and he couldn't help but be confused. Why was a grown mare resorting to such childish games? Was there no sense here to say what a child should do and what an adult shouldn't? Thinking back to his own childhood he remembered no games or fun, only misery and the need to survive. Perhaps if he had been exposed to such things at an earlier age he would be more receptive to the whole idea but for now he was more than content to just watch.

Walking down across the shoreline he studied the so called game with mild interest trying to figure out what the point of it was anyway. From where he stood the only goal of the game...if that's what they called them, was to keep the strange light ball up in the air. Maybe there were just some things that he was never meant to understand...

Summary: Walks down to the shoreline to observe the game wondering what in the world they are doing. Never had exposure to games and such as a youngster so has great difficulty with various emotions such as happiness, fun, etc..

Wishlist: Click

Wishes for:  
::[Magic: SparkxWater | Ability to make a small blast electrified water from body.
::Restrictions | Extends 10m from body and lasts 1 post in battle.
No prior refusals

•• TAGS:[br] •• NOTES: ••

“We who are immortal, we are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what lies beyond the drop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs   Image by click <3
[Image: kalona_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4h_by_moonston...9ggy0e.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads
Permission to Attack Or Use Magic Upon with the exception of maiming or death.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
Well of course, strange voices in my head, of course I’ll come play! How could I say no to an invitation like that! I had been just walking along, minding my own business. Now that autumn had come along I found it safe to venture out into the world a little bit - I didn’t fancy melting into a puddle of candy soup, you know, and if I went too far south during the summer that would definitely happen. But the weather was delightfully cool now, especially during the nights, and it would be good to get out of the Basin for a little bit.

Not that I didn’t simply adore everyone there but you know what I miss? Wings! Delightful creatures with big wings or those funny creatures with no horn or wings at all. Diversity was definitely lacking in the Basin and I must have a talk with our leads about that. Everything was just so boring.

The scene I came up to on the shore was decisively not boring, however. A whole team of sea creatures were batting around this funny little orb and a pegasus, a dragon and… was that a giant seahorse? had all joined in. How delightful! I dance a little out of sheer amusement as I came to a stop right on the edge of the water, readying myself to join.

And I’m just about to, when I notice someone else was standing there with a very serious expression on his face. “What are you, allergic to fun?” I commented as I started to waddle into the water. Okay sure, he was a lot taller than me despite the fact that I’m pretty sure I have a couple years on him but I mean come on what a bump on the log he was being. Was that one of his dragons out there joining in the fun? While he just stood here? How ridiculous.

Well I wasn’t interested in just standing around while there was fun to be had!

I start to swim out but… uh, I’m pretty clumsy at it. So it’s rather slow going. I leave a fine trail of sugar in the water behind me - from that dust that settles onto my back - but if you’re wondering I do not dissolve in water. It’s called magic. I mean, I’m a candy horse and I’m swimming out to join the strangest game of volleyball the world has ever seen. It's a wonderful thing.

I'm not graceful or anything but I do my best, fighting the gentle current and waves made by everyone else having fun. I try not to kick a dolphin in the head as I chase around the funny orb, not entirely sure what I’ll do with it if I do catch it but that's a problem for future-Johnny.

Present-Johnny was too busy having a blast.

~~~~~~~~~~~
wishlist
Magic: [earth x light | can craft addictive candies from plants, candies are sugary but reflect natural taste of plant]

no prior refusals but I would like to use 2 x Extra VOTG roll from my prize list

Johnny jumps in and joins the fun, trying to get at the orb!
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

NASREEN

Come play! a chorus of voices called from below, and the mare looked down, startled. “Who…?” Nasreen wondered aloud, unsure if she had imagined it. But then she felt the familar thrum of magic, and at the same instant her grey eyes locked on the flash of gold hovering just above the sea. Again? she thought to herself, simultaneously suspicious and curious. During her time here, she had seen her fair share of these mysterious appearances. While they almost always produced a frighteningly vast array of accompanying shadow-creatures, something about them unfailingly drew a crowd—and even now, from where she soared high above the scene she could see the Helovians beginning to gather. The copper mare sighed softly. Though she did not much care to endure the magical gauntlet that she suspected lay ahead, it had been so long since she had been part of something like this, and she had grown quite lonely. These situations often required teamwork, Nasreen remembered, thinking back to the last orb she had witnessed. Perhaps here she could be of service.

Feeling hopeful, she spiraled down from her place in the sky to glide alongside a snow-colored mare who looked vaguely familiar—they had met once in happier times, Nasreen recalled, though she could not remember her name. “Hello!” she called, doing her best to be friendly. “Mind if I join you?” While others may have been competing for the orb, any idea of capturing it for herself was far from the girl’s mind. Today, the promise of a new friend glimmered more to Nasreen than the glint of gold that rose and fell with the waves.

image by shady

Summary: Nasreen spots the orb from above, and flies down to join in on the game. Speaks to Elsa, trying to be friendly.
Nasreen would like :: [Magic: WindxWater | Can summon clouds to levitate objects]

Wishlist
Prior Refusal
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

The duchess' eyes narrowed at the crystalline water surrounding her hooves. She was not a fan of this place, it did not fare well on her hooves. Yet, she returned to the isles. She found herself drawn to the shallow waters and the mysterious ecosystem that dwelled here. Agnodice had travelled there to search for unknown herbs that could potentially be useful to her.

But so far, the maiden was having no luck. She found seaweed, which was useful, but it's uses were known. She was looking for something new, something that could do a bit more than seaweed. She pawed the ground beneath the water. Every now and then she would flip her mane to the side, for it frequently slid down her neck, threatening to fall into the water. Cleaning her tail after this would be troublesome enough, her tail would just be adding gasoline to the fire.

She flicked a pale, curvaceous ear to the side as voices began to echo around the isles. Agnodice was intrigued. She picked up a sweeping trot, ears pricked forward in interest, glass basket held softly in her mouth. She headed in the direction of the voices, seeing shapes against the waters. There were many horses gathered around one particular space, eyes focused on the same thing. The group was a mosaic of horses from all different walks of life.

When she arrived upon the scene, the group had already grown and was continuing to do so. Her brow furrowed, finally gazing upon what the others were so interested with. A few otters and dolphins playing with a glowing orb. Her head fell to one side, mane slipping across her pale neck.

What was going on?

Others seemed to be trying to play with the creatures, but Agnodice was not one who partook in such activities. She has been many things, a princess, a duchess, a doctor, but none had ever allowed for games. Even as a filly, she was to be a princess at all times, studying her land and learning etiquette. Games were foreign to the duchess, but she was not opposed to learning about them.

The mare gently placed her basket at her hooves, turquoise gaze fixated on the animals and their orb. "How do you play this game?" She asked softly, features falling into concern. The others seemed to be enjoying themselves (or trying to). Agnodice didn't want to be a kill-joy at this occasion.

:: [ Magic: EarthxLight | Can grow flowers in her mane and tail that can put to sleep anyone that touches them; while the being is asleep they feel no pain ]
:: [ Restrictions | Lasts 30 seconds in battle and one post per thread. Requires permission outside of battle. ]

wishlist

no prior refusals

aggy walks up and says "what are you doing??? how do I play???? what is play?? ???" cx

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Libertad Posts: 24
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 2 ::Tallsun
Minx
He has seen the waves from the cliffs of the Edge, but never so close. When his mother has seemingly turned her gaze away, he bolts away to the shore. It is a solitary expedition and he cannot resist when the opportunity presents itself. He must go see the waves up close. His knobby little foal legs carry him from his homeland and down to the Endless Blue where he sees others romping about. The fae suddenly wishes his twin was beside him.. Suddenly wished d'Arcy could see the marvelous fun there is to be had in the ocean. There are so many exciting people here! He nearly squeals with delight as he prances towards the waves, stopping when he sees a familiar face. He remembers her.. Remembers the flower. Remembers how that boy had tried to stop him from giving his gift to d'Arcy.

For a brief moment the game is forgotten. He simply stares at the mare with a disgusted expression. The fae has not forgotten how she had ruined his games.. She had brought that boy who ruined everything! For a moment he thinks of ruining her fun. He is not so bold without his sister, though. Rather he just glares at the mare for a long moment and then turns, charging into the water. Red follows behind him as he goes, staining the blue tides. It is simply a part of him.. The roses are his.. The blood they bear are his mark and he does not question his trail.

He flails about in a childish manner and laughs excitedly. He finds any chance he can to try and hit the orb. He flails his head about, kicks out his hindhooves. All the while he laughs, truly having the time of his life. Later he'll have to bring d'Arcy here.. Show her the fun that is to be found at the waves.

Wishlist
Seeking: [Earthxdark(u): Can poison his roses at will, the poison causing more severe nausea as well as migrains.]
Restrictions to be decided by admin

Libertad glares at Agnodice and then is like "screw u lady" and starts flailing about like a spazz trying to hit orb.

* tag me in all replies please
*force is permitted at all times
*pixel by padarii@dA

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

Parelia and Gull
Bright liquid honey eyes gazed down below her as she flew over the beautiful island. She had been in a wonderful mood ever since she had spent the day with Gull. A pleasant smile played across her face as she soared jubilantly over the island. She twisted and dove laughing as she did so. The cream and teal dove knew she had to find her daughter and explain what was going on in her life, but she just needed to love life right now. Smiling brightly the sharp ears caught the sound of laughter and splashing. Laughing herself she flew closer to the sound.

There were several others playing below. Dolphins and otters launched themselves out of the water and up again playing with a ball of light. Several horses were gathered below watching and trying to play as well. She noticed two horses she knew, if only slightly. The cream and blue of Elsa, and the chestnut and white of Nasreen. Smiling still brighter the winged mare dove for the familiar faces. Landing lightly beside Nasreen she turned her attention to the two mares. "Hello! Looks like we have some fun going on around here." Her laughter was sincere and playfully as she turned to watch the games around them.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Laughter spilled forth again as she took flight soaring low over the water, her hooves grazing the liquid. She watched the ball or shimmering light and gave chase. The mare couldn't have cared less if she caught it or not, this was just another way to keep her wild mind occupied.

Words;; 268
Tags/OOC;;  Wishlist : [Magic: Light x Water| Ability to pull healing water from plants, the ground, or clouds she can move the water through the air to another's injuries making it heal]
:: [Restrictions | The more water she pulls the more energy she uses Or the other has to be willing for her to use this magic]
Refusal
Parelia lands beside Nasreen and Elsa then flies after the ball.
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
It is one thing to be clever
and another to be wise

Alune had been admiring the shoreline and vast expanse of ocean before him, until the gleeful chirp of 'come play' sang through his thoughts. Misted creatures at his feet scampered and bucked, weaved their fluid bodies around his hooves as if to entice him to move — go and see what had called to him so sweetly.

They and the care free voice pulled the starlight stallion away from his deep thoughts and towards the source of the merry song, and towards the increasing level of noise and sound of disturbed water. Blue ears perked forward as he urged himself into a graceful trot, covering the sand as if he simply floated above them — hooves barely scattering the glittering white beneath their lapis embrace.

The cragged rocks eventually revealed the treasure that he sought, ocean mammals frolicking against the foam and azure waves while they tossed an orb so bright that Alune dared not glance on it too long — lest it blind him with it's beauty. Others were joining in, many he did not know and his silver gaze passed over them each in turn, until he found two that did know. Queen Elsa, charging into the waves with a look of elation and free emotion upon her cremello brow and the smaller foal whom he had seen but not met at the meeting not too long ago. The Seer's gaze lingered, it's mirage of ever churning silver concealing the fluid sweep of it as it passed once more — taking a moment to look at the curious, unusual candy coloured little stallion that had bounded into the waves. He had never gazed on a pony quite like him, and he wondered if he was encompassed of the sugary sweetness his hide portrayed.

The mists had churned at his feet once again, mimicking the Otters and Dolphins in their game of catch and play. The come play with us chimed in his head once more, and his pale muzzle breaks into a grin. If his Queen had given in to the surge of light hearted emotions, the seer surely and quite easily could too.

"Room for one more?" He called loudly, carrying his voice high above th crowd already gathered. The Seer threw himself into a canter, and then a gallop. "Look out!" The chorus of hooves dulled and absorbed by the sands until he jumped, soared above the rolling ways and careful of any critters before he crashed into the waves with a laugh. The dark pelted stallion surfaced a few moments later, already heading towards the glowing orb. Making sure to keep his kicks from becoming too wild, he did not want to harm these free creatures nor the fellow equines enjoying the fun.

"The water suits you well, milady." Silver braids and tendrils of hair stuck against his thick neck and floating on the waters as he turned to look at Elsa while he passed, and sent a small jet of water towards her from between his teeth with a grin.

______________________________________________________________________________________

words:: 470
summary:: Alune runs towards the waves and jumps into them to join in the fun, and he swims after the orb after he surfaces. Passes Elsa and shoots a small jet of water at her from between his teeth.
Wishlist

:: Water x Light :: Able to form jagged ice lances that hurdle towards the target.
Restrictions: 3 medium or 1 large. Upgrade gets you 5 and 2.

[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Pale wings caught the light and almost seemed to glow as they cut through the air in a wide arc. Wind rushed over silken feathers with a whistling sound as she fell towards the crowded playground, legs tucked in tightly against the barrel. At the last moment Erthë spun around, dancing in a pirouette over the waves and darted off towards the otters, the horses and the bonded companions - she laughed as she tried to kick at the golden ball and send it higher into the air, up up so that everyone would have to scramble to catch it again.

It felt like it had been ages since she had properly played. Time had not yet aged her to the point where games and sports seemed silly or awkward, though in some ways it had altered her choice of amusements. Rather than to just romp around and make a mess the girl had learned to appreciate good stories and lessons, had come to love the more dangerous pastime of aerial acrobatics and were more often seen playing tag with eagles than rabbits these days.

This particular game, in her opinion, was brilliant. Fit for creatures in water, air and land alike, everyone could participate or stand on the sidelines to comment, each to their own. Grinning widely the crowned seraph straightened out in the air and beat her wings to maintain some momentum, weaving back and forth to avoid horses both known and unfamiliar. Upon seeing a familiar, brooding figure on the beach she winged her way over to Volterra and reached down an icy nose to tug at his bristly hair, trying her best to tease him into joining the game. What was the fun in standing there, looking like the world was about to end? Even his dragons were playing - oh, but not both of them, it seemed - and if the newborn gold could enjoy herself, why not him?

::[Magic: Light x Water (U) | Able to rapidly freeze any liquids in 30 ft radius, shaping and moving the subsequent ice at will ] - Wishlist

No previous refusals
I'd like to use ONE (1) of my Extra Votg Rolls.

Erthë comes flying and tries to kick the ball up into the air. She then continues off to the beach and try to tug at Volterra's mane to make him join the game.

Erthë
the      night      is      calling      my      name

image credit

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

'Come play!' A voice chimes from inside of her head, yet outside of it as well. She flutters her bright eyes open, she was napping. Phrixus shifts above her head on a low hanging branch twisting from the center of a knotted oak. I wonder what that is, love. The bird twitches, as birds often do, and falls out of the tree to glide on wide open wings toward the noise. She is off to the east of the Flats; she purposely skirted around the new territory earlier in the early morning hours. She waits patiently for the flashes of the scene unfolding beyond – whatever it is, it sounds quite lively. She cannot stand the anticipation and begins to trot toward the sound of rolling waves. Her cloven hooves soon grip sand beneath them and she floats over the wet granules until she meets the chilly saltwater up to her feather ankles. She can see her big bird soaring against the winds high up, he struggles and comes down to hover over the churning waters and the creatures playing amongst the sea-foam and tumbling waves. She can see through him and for herself that on the shores of the Isles they were playing a game of keep away and catch. Many patterns and colors and shapes and sizes swarming around it was hard for even the eagle-eyed Phrixus to see what was happening.

A feeling washes over her. At first it feels like a cold wind, prickly and making her hairs stand on end. A half second later is felt like a warm coat – like when she dips into the Basin's hot pools after a long days travel and study. She recognizes this feeling with a smile to herself, tilting her vibrant muddy eyes to the blue sky dotted with cotton ball clouds. She moves slowly into the water toward the sands of the Isles, advancing at a steady swimming pace toward the group. She spots a few familiar faces while she struggles against the current, which is actually fairly mild today compared to normal. Johnny is there, struggling and laughing and wrestling the different creatures for what looks like a glowing sphere. An orb.

She doesn't bother to clamor onto land but instead dives in toward the object of the groups desire as soon as her grabby toes found slushy land beneath her. Her smile gives way to laughter as she maneuvered around otters and dolphins and horses. Inevitably she will be decorated with bruises and cuts after this event, but at the moment it seems well worth the price to have such fun. They played and shared in glee with one another despite species or herd. Even Phrixus dove into the crowd when the orb flies up out of reach for just a second, diving to catch it on his back. He balances it very carefully for a thirty seconds or so before dropping it to Tangere. She pushes it down between her legs and tries to clutch it with her mouth beneath the salty waters. If she can manage to bite around it before anyone snatches it then she will try her best to flee with it. She can feel wings and hooves and claws and snouts bumping against her, shoving at her, pushing her further under and making it harder and harder not to gobble mouth fulls of seawater into her hungry lungs. Desperately she snaps at the orb, hoping it is even graspable with her flattened teeth.

Phrixus circles anxiously above the group, watching with the worrisome eye. Breathe. Breathe. BREATHE! He calls out inside of her head. She notes that he is echoing underwater, even inside her mind. Priorities.

Summary: She swims over with her raven and dives into the fun! Phrixus helps and she tries to grab it with her mouth and flee with it!

Image By PSILO!

Wishlist
No previous refusals.

(11.17.14) Magic :: Earth. :: Able to speedily break down/extract oils from plants, poisons and enhancers alike. | Restrictions: Cannot make magical potions, only things that are natural & dyes. Includes mead & wine.

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Unlike the others, Nyx doesn't enter the scene out of a desire for whatever magical prize is being given out. No, she is simply following her son, or, rather, his trail of bloody roses. Those roses are terribly creepy, but hey, they're unique. When he is fully grown, no doubt the women will fawn over him, which will hopefully produce many grandchildren for the silver soldier. So she's quite supportive of his somewhat freaky roses, because they could help keep her bloodline going. And get him laid, which is what every good mother wants for her son!

Libertad leads her to a large crowd of horses of all species, some frolicking in the waves, some glaring from a safe distance. To the mare's horror, her son ploughs straight into the water, roses following him. Not caring that she's probably cramping his style, Nyx (otherwise known as 'Helovia's Most Shameful Mother Yr6') stomps right to the water's edge and summons a motherly bellow. "Libertad! If you drown, I'll kill you, young man!" Chances are, though, it won't work - so, gatecrasher that she is, she marches into the water herself. She is no Olympic swimmer, and the waves threaten to flip over her head as she wades deeper, but she focuses only on her son.

That is, until the almighty splashing around her catches her attention, and she realises all the weirdos are chasing around an orb. A very pretty orb, and the mare is momentarily sidetracked by the shiny. It seems Libertad is trying to join in, and with a resigned sigh Nyx aims to jab her horn at the orb to try and catch it. If she gets it, maybe she can lure her boy out of the water and onto safe dry land.

______
wishlist
Seeking: [ Magic: Shock x Water | Ability to electrify the water within other's bodies, causing considerable pain and/or temporary paralysis. More extreme effects could involve disrupting brain fuction due to the electricity, but this would have to be with the player's permission. ] No refusals.

unicorn: iconian fonts.dafont lion: jonathan s harris.dafont

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
His dull gray eyes looked ahead as he would see the tail of other creatures dissipate into the brush. He looked narrowing his eyes trying to figure out what was going on. He had never seen to many horses in the same place at one time. He thought back to the Rift battles and then is dawned on him. There had to be something off going on. He let his cracked black hooves lead him where he normally would not go. He tended to shy away from groups of people, but this time he was lured into the depths. The sound of creatures begging others to join them muffled in his ears. Maybe the others heard this off voice too.

He walked out to see others jumping in the water. The echo of the eerie voices still danced in his mind as he looked to a glowing orb. The otters were tossing it around like a toy. His eyes narrowed as he went to stand next to the other black stallion who was looking off in the distance. The orb soon dove down to the depths with a dolphin. Some took the dive with the aquatic creature, and others stayed above the water "Get drag to your death by jumping in unfamiliar water.." . He mumbled out loud so the white masked stallion might hear. Nox let his hooves guide him till his ankles were covered in the cool liquid. Maybe the small ball would travel towards him and he would be able to investigate what was so special about it. There has to be a reason why these creatures are lusting over this object.
Your fears have just become all to real,
because the devil at the cross road
wants to make a deal.

Magic :: DarkxWater| Thick cloud of black mist causes horrific hallucinations when inhaled.
Restrictions:: Extends 10 m and lasts 30 seconds in battle. Can be inhaled by creator. After the mist fades there's no recollection of the horrors.

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=20004

Summary: Nox walks up and decides he will join in if the ball comes his way, but is weary of traveling into the water.

No prior refusals, Using September Herd champion extra VOTG roll

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

From a distance, she couldn’t tell what it was. Areli was still far away when she saw the first sihouette appear on the horizon, skimming over the waves like a seabird on the hunt. At first, she wasn’t sure if it was an illusion—after all, it seemed that everything on the flats was, and if she could barely tell up from down, then really anything was possible. For a while, the girl watched the shadow, entertaining the idea. But then, more figures began to flit across the stage in the distance, and her interest grew. Who were these creatures, and why were they gathering?

The pace of her resolute plodding across the flats increased. At her heels, Bee whined and licked her lips. Salt hung heavy in the air around them and saturated the ground, and the wolf was desperate for a drink. Ahead, she could hear the rush of water, and so she too hurried forward beside her mistress. They had been traveling for far too long in her opinion, anyway.

With Bee panting at her side, Areli could sense the wolf’s disapproval, but she chose to ignore it. It was true that they had been moving for days, though it was not the pleasure-jaunt-gone-wrong that Bee made it out to be. They were looking for Parelia, who had been absent for a frighteningly lengthy amount of time, especially given the current situation. Though she hadn’t encountered any trouble thus far, Areli shivered slightly at her father’s dire warnings of strange gods and monsters on the loose. Mama could be out there with them, she thought for the thousandth time. While she knew that her mother was more than capable of defending herself, the thought of Parelia alone and injured while she waltzed around the Falls had frightened Areli into action.

Her increased urgency lent her speed, and within a matter of minutes the pair was quickly approaching the small crowd that had gathered on the--wait--Areli felt her stomach flip--beach? For indeed, Bee had been right about the water….just not so correct about its drinkability. Before them, the ocean stretched out wide and blue, only interrupted by a short chain of islands in the distance before disappearing into the sky. The pair groaned inwardly at the same time. While Bee’s fantasy of quenching her thirst was evaporating more quickly than the water on these salt flats, Areli’s memories of her spectacular nosedrive into the churning sea came flooding back. Pausing atop the final dune, the girl bit her lip, remembering the choking feeling of the water in her lungs.

But sometimes Fate is merciful, for before Areli could work herself into a fine frenzy, she spotted something that drove everything else from her mind. “MAMA!” she screamed, launching herself towards her mother and the orb that she chased. MAMA!!

She didn’t even realize that she was flying until the ocean was crashing below her.

Summary: As she walks across the Flats, Areli sees a group gathering and goes to investigate. Spots Parelia and flies towards her and the orb.

Areli would like :: [Magic: Earth x Light | Can grow small golden flowers that fill with a healing dew, which can be ingested or applied directly.]
[Restrictions: Larger wounds require more dew, which physically taxes the user.]

wishlist; no prior refusals

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Buried in earth and water

At first the dolphin's are skeptical. They want the game to only be played between themselves and the otters. We should not fault them for that - afterall, Helovian's have distorted and disrupted their waters so many times .. and always after balls of light such as these. Can't they feel the frenetic energy? The brilliant swath of blue that so fills and invigorates you, when you touch the orb? Only the equines - plan, winged, or horned - would hoard such a wonderful feat of nature. Only they would take it away.

And so the dolphin's were immediately deterred.

"Maybe different" The otters whispered cheerfully to the dolphins as Elsa first arrived. The pale mare certainly looked like she needed a game of catch, and reluctantly, the dolphins agreed.

As Vadir grabbed the orb and pulled it under the water, one of the more aggressive dolphins sent a beam of bubbles towards her, afraid she was trying to steal the orb. Roughly the dolphin knocked it from her grasp, chattering as if to indicate that it was all part of the game, and passed it to one of the otters. At the sight of Aquila, the game nearly halted. The otters and dolphins didn't know whether they should feel threatened, or overjoyed, and since the game was already afoot and they were in good spirits, they decided to feel joy in his presence.

One otter cheered as Essetia joined in, while another whistled and waved towards Kalona, trying to pantomime how to throw the orb back and forth and run about, urging him to join in. One of the dolphins passes by Johnny, casually licking him as she went, because you never knew. He certainly looked tasty to her..

One of the otters clapped her hands as Nasreen arrived, waving and pointing to the game as if to indicate what she should do. As Agnodice arrived, the otter preoccupied with Nasreen fell onto her back laughing at the mare's ignorance. Brightly, she ran to the equine's side and tried to pull her into the waves to play.

One of the dolphin's throws the ball towards Libertad, and is overjoyed as the colt's hooves send it flying back. The dolphin clicks in appreciation, fanning his fins together as if to clap at the young unicorn's performance.

As Parelia swooped low, one of the otters grabbed the ball and disappeared below the waves, while another blew a stream of water at her, and cackled his enjoyment. And as Alune sprays water towards Elsa, two of the dolphins join in to do the same, chattering their happy amusement.

The otter who had tried to tug Agnodice into the water, seeing what Erthe was doing, raced over to help. The small creature grabbed Volterra's feathers on his massive hooved feet, to try and force him to participate.

A dolphin angrily uses her tail to thrust a wave towards Phrixus as she tries to steal the orb. Angrily she chatters, taking the ball and swimming away so that the game will not end. As she surfaces, she clicks angrily towards Tangere and frowns. The same dolphin looks to Nyx, who appears to be chastising one of the only players taking the game seriously, and waves her tail condescendingly.

One of the otters waved towards Nox as he paused on the shoreline. Was the game really so complicated? Why weren't more joining in? Her gaze moved towards Areli who appeared to be happier about flying, than joining in. With a hrrrph, the otter splashed the water to try to get the filly's attention and make her join.

You have 72 hours to respond.

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

Parelia and Gull
The dolphins and otters laugh and chortle as she watches briefly from the shore. She laughed brightly as she flew over the water eyes trained on the ball and other players. Bright honey eyes totally missed the otter that sprayed water all over her face. Instead of flaring with anger she laughed. Her laughter was bright and tinkling as she tried to splash the furry brown creature back with her hooves. She chased after the otter that had taken the ball searching for the orb to surface again. How long had it been since she had actually played?! She didn't know, but it sure felt great to let loose. Her laughter only grew as Areli appeared yelling her name.

Putting the cherry on top the one otter seems upset that she isn't playing as well. "Areli! Come and play with us! We're playing keep away!" She smiled brightly and circled back around to herd her daughter into playing as well. "We have plenty of time to catch up after this, but lets have some fun now!" She laughed again and tried to bump her daughter's rump before flying after the orb again. She didn't even care if they dolphins and otters took the orb back to the depths of the ocean. It was fabulous to just have fun, and even better that her only daughter was there to enjoy it as well. "I bet I get it before you Are!" She squealed happily before flicking her hooves, dipped in the water, out to try and playfully splash a large dolphin. The mare had always admired it's kind and their grace. Bright eyes narrow teasingly as she gives chase to the dolphin with the beautiful ball, trying to gently kick it with her front hooves. She was extra careful to try not to hit the stunning grey creature.

Words;; 307
Tags/OOC;; Wishlist : [Magic: Light x Water| Ability to pull healing water from plants, the ground, or clouds she can move the water through the air to another's injuries making it heal]
:: [Restrictions | The more water she pulls the more energy she uses Or the other has to be willing for her to use this magic]
Refusal
She tries to splash the otter back then flies after Are and tries to make her play as well. She then tries to splash another dolphin before flying after the dolphin that has the orb.
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Suddenly, one playful, lonely mare turned into a plethora of people diving and maneuvering. Horse after horse began flying and diving. Those who were present but refused to participate were goaded and poked by the playful creatures as they wished others to continue playing. Not to mention, those who seemed so eager to grab the orb were readily chastised. It almost made her wonder what the glowing orb ball thing was.

But of course, she is rudely interrupted by Alune who simply decides he needs to spray her. She gave him the evil eye, only to egg two dolphins to join in with him. She laughed, lifting her wing to protect her body as she began circling around. On the way back, she got as close to the water as she possibly could. As she passed by the trio of water guns, she dipped her wing to try and send a wave of water towards them. Though it wouldn’t really matter considering she was the one that was soaking wet.

Picking her wing back up, she decides to keep at this game of ball. It was a nice stress reliever, and honestly she was enjoying herself for once. Giggling, she dove after the orb, trying to knock the ball away from whomever had it, and continue this game of bump and catch. Edgar could hear her thoughts and he was quite angry he was not in on the action, but she gently reminded him that freezing everyone accidentally probably wouldn’t go to well. He reluctantly agreed and went back to stewing in his jealousy.

Wishlist
[Water x Fire (u) || Can summon ice that burns a specific part of the body, as well as attacking the nerves making the point of contact numb.]
No Prior Refusals
Elsa tries to spray Alune and the dolphins before then trying to knock the ball away from whomever had it to continue the game.
"talk"

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.