the Rift

[OPEN] feigned umbrage

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Darkness falls, here comes the rain to wash away the past
He's getting fucking old.. Too old.. He can feel it in the way his joints ache a times, or how the growing cold affects him. That still doesn't stop him from ceaseless patrols, regardless of whether he is viewed as a soldier anymore. Déodat almost prefers the simplicity of being a mere citizen. All his life he has been nothing but war torn and battle hungry.. Now.. He's simply becoming a crotchety old hermit. Well done, Déodat, well done. He brings his self-deprecating narrative to an end and silences the barrage of negativity. He can save it for some poor idiot that might cross his path. A huff of breath escapes from his nostrils and it comes out into a plume of mist. 

You're getting fat Déo," Odette says to him through their bond. The white shepherd licks her lips and looks up at him a bit smugly. The bay simply glances at her and shakes his head, though she has a point. He has grown complacent.. Lazy.. Some proud legacy he is. He snorts and walls onward from the Basin. He glances longingly to the west where his newborns lay.. One day, perhaps, they shall find their way north... Yet his heart longs for them. More than once he has contemplated leaving the north to be with them, but, this is home. They are not his only offspring. Still, he trudges onward from the icy north and simply walks... And walks... And walks. 

He can feel the weather grow warmer around him. It isn't long before he reaches the fields.. The place of so many beginnings. He smiles at the memories from this place. Quietly he watches Odette prance about and chase after birds and the like. Silently he heaves himself away from the shepherd and finds a place to rest his tired body. "Fucking old.." He grumbles to himself as he begins to graze a bit, content with the significant shift in temperature.  

"talk"

araxel

open to anyone
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Eira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Eira

Things seemed to move relatively slow around Helovia from what I had witnessed so far...Perhaps it was simply part of the life of an outcast, masked with the attraction of adventure and unknown while underneath lies the mundane and predictable. When I first entered into the Threshold, greeted by a large group that intended to whisk me away to their herds, I would have expected to have a much more exciting experience at this point when I walked away on my own. I expected wild one night stands, adrenaline rushes and unique challenges...So far, the only thing unique that I had really come across was a candy stallion that smelled good enough to eat.

It was one of the reasons I found myself clambering up the mountain side, giving myself my own challenge to reach the top as quickly as possibly, loving the rush of energy with every step. As I pulled myself up over the last rocky step onto the clearing, I paused to catch my breath. As I did so, my emerald gaze studied the beautiful field that lay hidden in this mountain paradise and settled on a dog that was chasing after birds and such. A muttered voice pulled my attention towards a large...dark...and remarkably handsome stallion with a dangerous red horn. My auds pricked towards him, brushing lightly against my caribou antlers as I turned towards him.

When I stepped closer, I could see from his features that he was considerably older than I was. As far as I was concerned, that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It merely meant that this chocolate covered cherry of a man was just more...experienced. "Hey there, handsome! How goes it?" A friendly smiled as offered in between my deep breaths, my coat sleek and shining with sweat from my personal race against time only moments ago.

"Talk"

Flirtations go over his head most often.. The red stallion's mind is usually far from such things despite being what he is.. A man. He is rigid and has himself well trained to ignore such primal desires, yet, when the mare throws herself at him he can't help but raise a brow. No matter how well disciplined his mind is not even he can miss that obvious flirtation. He flicks his long tail and the dark tendrils splay over his rump briefly. Quietly he studies her with a mild disinterest.. The mare is young and he can guess near his eldest daughter's age. The realization only seems to put him off further as he takes a step back. Odette scents the new arrival and comes bounding over, yapping gleefully. No amount of time seems to kill her love of new faces. He watches the shepherd walk over and sniff the mare down curiously, her tail wagging furiously as she does. 

He eyes the mare for a moment longer, realizing just how long he's stood there like a mute. "Well," Déodat says finally, his deep vocals breaking his extended silence. He lets his bonded satisfy her curiosity before she trots back over and sits beside the red stallion's hooves. Her tail continues to wag her tail eagerly. "Is there something you need from he?" He asks with his usual flat tone. It should be expected by now with how the inhabitants of Pantheon seem to be.. They never pass one another by, rather they always feel so compelled to stop and speak with whomever might pass. At least he can rest upon  the fact he speaks amongst his own kind rather than the others that roam this land. Of course, he knows that within himself his convictions to his hatred have started to dwindle. The man knows a certain comfort amongst his own kind that he'll never feel amongst the other races of Helovia, but, his need for eradication has finally ceased. Regardless of superiority, the unicorn will never truly hold rein over this place.. They will only ever truly hold the north and that is enough. 

Quietly he starts to circle the mare and study her entire frame before snorting. Unimpressive and rather small, he decides. No matter how much he might crave it, he deems her an unworthy opponent. So he just returns to standing in front of her and eyes her once more. "talk"

araxel

@Eira 
con by aihnna@dA

Eira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Eira

While the stallion stared rather blankly at me with nothing more than a brow raised, I mirrored his actions and returned the lifted brow. I wasn't exactly used to being eyed up and down by others, particularly when they were so...quiet about it. Did I have something in my mane? A smudge on my nose? The yapping of his canine companion made me forget about my worries, reminding me that I had little need to look forward to impressing a complete stranger. A cheerful smile spread across my lips as I lowered my crown to the shepherd, allowing her to sniff my muzzle is she so wished. She was adorable, her friendliness a welcome change from the stallion's stand off-ish attitude. As the dog left me and returned to the stallion's side, I couldn't help but smirk when he finally spoke. "Ah, so you do speak."

His words weren't exactly an open invitation for conversation, his question worded in such a way that it seemed he didn't really want me to give him an answer. To my surprise, he stepped forward to circle around me and offers me nothing but a disapproving snort. My crown jerks up defensively, chin tucked as my antlers tilted towards him ever so slightly. My own flaxen tresses smacked against my spotted hide, flaring out the scent of my ever frustrating heat. I offered a short snort of my own, words flowing out sarcastically before I could stop them."Not unless you know how to scratch a rather particular itch..." Glancing towards the shepherd, I smirked back at her with a playful wink. "Is he always such a chipper bucket of fun?"

Shifting my weight to relax one hoof on it's tip, I returned my emerald gaze to the older beast."My name is Eira, might I know who I have the pleasure of meeting today?" I'll be honest, I wondered just a bit how long it would take until I could bug the shit out of this man. He seemed like he'd be fun to mess with, to see just how far I could take things with him before he either turned on me, walked away or joined in on the fun. I hoped that his companion could sense the good intentions of my game, trying to dig this stallion out of his shell and crack that judgmental wall just a tiny bit.

"Talk"

The mare mimics his actions, which he can’t decide whether it’s intended as mockery or not.  She seems to welcome the attention from his companion. Déodat stares in mild surprise as she welcomes the overbearing greeting from his companion. Odette often forgets her place he knows, but, he won’t draw her away.. She is her own being and he is simply her bonded not her master. When she opens her mouth again it only elicits a snort from him.
            As he circles her that familiar scent wafts into his nostrils.. It awakens that primal part of him that tries to sink it’s way into his subconscious. Déodat buries such desires, he’s not a creature driven solely by instinct. Yet he can’t quite shake it away all the way.. No matter how much he wishes to deny the desires of his flesh, he cannot ignore their existence.

“I’m doubtful I can indulge you.” He says, letting a bit of iciness slip from his tone. When the mare addresses his shepherd both ears pin against his skulls. It doesn’t offend him as much as it grates his nerves.. Why are so many of Helovia’s inhabitants such pests? He is almost regretting leaving the Basin.. The day is still young, though. There is still much time for her to leave and let him be to mind his own business.. No matter how might his body might be drawn to that familiar scent in the air.

“My name is Déodat.” He says before glancing down at his companion.  “This is my bonded Odette, who you seem so very fond of.”  "talk"
araxel

@Eira
con by aihnna@dA