Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
And I've grown familiar
With villains that live in my head

The stallion snorts.

(How rude.)

When he speaks, his voice is dulled by mourning, blunted by some old tragedy—she wonders what it is, if he’d be in a mood to divulge (wouldn’t that be divine?)—but it’s not merely his tone that sets her itching but his words, words not really meant for her. At least, she didn’t think those murmurs were for her; and normally her thoughts were right. Why would she question herself now? No—she’d trust her gut. And so instead of letting her eyebrows arch upwards or her face to startle into an expression of disgust, she lets a coy smile roll over her lips, just for him.

I wonder if he’s a madman. His words didn’t sound entirely sane.

Then he slips on, the words falling fast and flat and dismal and more coherent. Nymeria blinks, lashes posing together, and her smile stretches ever so gently wider. She marvels at him—admires him—with his monotone, his tangled mane, his knotted tail, the rasp to his voice; although perhaps his dishevelment was simply for show. It would be a fair conclusion to say he seemed irritated by her company (although why he’d be she didn’t understand.)

“I—” she begins, but then the stallion cuts her off with another bitter sentence, his eyes reaching for hers. His were cold and hard eyes (should she say they were like ‘chips of ice’, or was that too cliché?), blue like a winter sea. Nymeria meets his gaze gladly—confrontationally—in scarlet, wondering if he’d missed the bones marked on her cheeks in his non-reality. (Wondering if he just didn’t care about her appearance which so often spooked others.)

“I was going to say,” she said with a hint of acerbity, “that I’m looking for a stallion named Knox. He’s supposed to give assignments to spies. And I’m Nymeria, if you’d given me the chance to introduce myself.” The grullo lifted her head—and flashed him a warm smile, sanding off the edges of her voice. For all his bluster, she couldn’t help but be intrigued.

That’s a dangerous way of thinking, Lilómiel told her.

I know.

image credits

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Messages In This Thread
RE: we were always meant to be shadow and sin - by Nymeria - 03-11-2016, 11:34 PM