the Rift

[OPEN] In the Cookoo's nest [Patrol]

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
SOREN
Run away with me, Lost souls and reverie, Running wild and running free, Two kids, you and me

It was evening, the sun setting in the Orangemoon season, casting about a orangey sepia glow on the falls. I stood near one, water dripping from my muzzle as dew collected on my sensitive whiskers and coat. My blue eyes watched as the water cascaded down, the roar deafening me of anything else as I considered the truly massive power of the waterfall.

It seemed impossible, yet at the same time entirely making sense. The power making it truly a formidable presence, but soothing. It carried the power of water, yet the roar spoke of centuries of wisdom and travels, as the river would make it's way to the sea.

A soft sigh pushed from my grey lips, as I finally turned around, pulling myself away from the extraordinary phenomena. Away from the magnificent wonder. I had work to do. I knew only that I had to patrol with a man named Aaron, and that was literally all the information I had been given, besides that we where to patrol the falls themselves. For monsters, for any signs of more war. To protect the youth, and the elderly. This was the life of a soldier, and a heavy weight to bear it was. The lives of a whole herd depended on myself, and some other guy I didn't know.

It was a responsibility I now carried. That I now shared with others in my rank. I made the difference, I meant something now. And I could not let those who trusted me down.

" Aaron, join me now on our patrol, that is if you are present to hear me."

The voice that emerges from my vocal chords is that of a man, strong, and deep. Mature and prepared to take on the world, yet sad too. Sad like the heart inside. I was unsure if my partner heard me, but I hoped he would. Until he met me though I would begin, and I took my leave. Slowly making my way to the boarders of the Hidden Falls.

And I say, Hey, hey hey hey, Living like we're renegades

@Aaron

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

AARON
A SHEPHERD I SHALL BE, FOR THEE, MY LORD, FOR THEE, POWER HATH DESCENDED FORTH FROM THY HAND, THAT MY FEET MAY SWIFTLY CARRY OUT THY COMMAND, SO I SHALL FLOW A RIVER FORTH TO THEE AND TEEMING WITH SOULS SHALL IT EVER BE

"No need to call for me, I am here." I sighed, simply tired from the day. I had been up early, out looking for Phantom and Brendan. Mostly for Brendan of course. I long for the day that he is free to make his own choices. I long for the day, he will be free to come home to the Falls. This, is where he belongs. Not out there on his own with Phantom. After all one day Cheveyo and I will have children of our own I hope. Brendan needs to be here, with his family. Not that Phantom is not his family... But it's just, different.

At my side, Alanna pads along evenly. She had remained quiet when I had spoken to Soren. "Talk to him. He's new." Her voice was smooth as usual when she speaks into our bond. I realize she is right, as it had only been since the end of the God battles that I have seen him around. "So, why don't we get to know each other while we walk. Tell me about yourself, if you want." I added on the last bit, mainly because I am not used to being in a major role. No, I may not be a Champion. But at the warrior meeting, Ktulu had pointed me out as one to go to if she nor Ciceron could be found.

"I think Ktulu trusts you... Or fact that you have always been there." I snorted softly at the slight banter in my mind. It's true i've always been here, but at the same time didn't that earn me anything? I long to take my turn as a lead of a tier again, or even more so to raise to a leader. But I doubt I will ever get my chance to shine. In the meantime, I needed to get to know those who I needed to be able to count on.

"Talk"
"Alanna speaks"

@Soren

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
SOREN
Run away with me, Lost souls and reverie, Running wild and running free, Two kids, you and me
My giving partner does not keep me waiting, of which I am thankful for. He shows up quickly, and I am quick to recognize him from the meeting for warriors. I nod to him, as we make our way through the hidden falls. My eyes do not linger on the shorter stallion, but turn to observe the surrounding views, searching for any such disturbances. After his initial opening words, I wasn't expecting more. My head turns slightly as blue eyes peer at him curiously, a ear sliding in his direction. I was unused to this interaction, after being on my own for so long. I had to remember others where more eager to talk than I was. Less comfortable with the silence.

But my companion and his wolf seemed nice, and after all, I was to go to him should I not be able to find my sibling or the big grey. So I smile gently, and blow air from my nostrils lightly.

"Ah, sir, you wouldn't want to know about me. I am entirely boring. A family member needed me in the ranks, and so I am here. Just simple me. And you? Tell me about yourself, for I am sure you are far more interesting."

The words rumble from my lips, and I was careful to avoid mentioning which member was my family, as I was sure that Ktulu would not want me associating myself as her brother. At least not yet, not until I proved myself. As it was, she didn't seem fond of me, and I felt I was forcing my presence, but again, I felt like she wouldn't take kindly to me leaving. So here I stayed. Awaiting the awkward day that I would have a run in with Archibald the Dauntless and the knowing that my ass might also be kicked that very same day.

In many ways, I was certain I was dancing a dangerous game.

But maybe I should try making friends with the others that surrounded me. I glance at his wolfish companion and nod a little to her. "What is her name? If you don't mind me asking." After all, friends and allies could make that day less intimidating.

And I say, Hey, hey hey hey, Living like we're renegades

@Aaron

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Well, he did say that he wanted to go on a patrol. He couldn’t understand why Areli had been so against the idea - he wasn’t going to stay in the Falls for the rest of his life worrying about monsters! He wanted to be out there with his mothers fighting them, defending their home and gods! That’s been the main focus of all his games, lately, pretending there were monsters that he needed to defeat. A younger sibling or his bear cub would be ideal to play with, but neither of his mothers gave him a straight answer whenever he asked about the sibling and he still needed to find some others to help out so that he could find his bear cub.

He was lying down in some bushes, hiding from the racoon monster that was hunting him in this particular game, when the voice of someone nearby called out - looking for an Aaron but the word patrol was what really hooked Murtagh. His small dark head popped out of the bushes and he looked around for the source of the voice. Quickly he spied a pair of stallions, both of them familiar from the warrior meeting although he didn’t know either of their names. That didn’t matter though, they were going on a patrol and he wanted to see if he could go with them.

It took longer than he expected to detangle himself from the bush and when he finally emerged triumphantly - it was with twigs in his short mane and a leaf skewered on the tip of his horn.

Scrambling now to catch up, he realized that one of the stallions had one of those not-bear things. He still found it a little funny to see companions that weren’t bears, even though his mothers were the only ones with bears he had ever met. But his momentum was too great now and he was running to get ahead of the stallions so that he could skid to a stop in their line of sight. “Hi! Are you guys going on patrol? Can I come?” Murtagh didn’t want to use the ‘my Papa said I could’ card too soon (which was only part of a lie, Papa could have very well given him permission and probably would have if he had asked), so he waited to see if he would get the green light first.
Image Credit
table by Sevin

Hope you guys don't mind! Wanted to throw him in here to say hi! If you want to just keep it the two of them though, just tell him to bugger off and he will ;D
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3