the Rift

[OPEN] Wake Me Up [Joining]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Evangeline would not have believed her own eyes if she had stumbled upon Uriel at the borders herself. She would have thought that her eyes were playing tricks on her, that her desire to find at least one of her children had finally made her mind crack. But it was Tallis that found him. It was Tallis, flying along the borders of the Edge hunting for a snack that saw the peculiarly feathered colt that she had birthed so many months ago. It was Tallis that flashed the image of him into Evangeline's mind, screamed at her through their bond that he was back, and trilled from a tree branch overhead to get the colt's attention and tell him You've been noticed, stay where you are. You're mother's coming. She's missed you and wants to know where you've been. Where is your father? Your sister? If you hurt her again I'll pluck every feather on your body and leave you bald, I swear it.

The dragon was still trilling and chattering away from his perch when Evangeline burst through the brush, breathless and trembling. Her emerald eyes were wide as she stared at her son, her mouth hanging open as she took in how much he'd grown. "...Uriel" His name was a strangled whisper on her lips and was lost to her dragon's chattering. There was a terribly mixture of emotion bubbling in the orange mare's chest as she stood staring at her child. She was hurt, angry, relieved, glad, excited, angry again, sad, then back to hurt. "Where were you?" She forced the question out as she stood staring, forcing knees to remain locked so she wouldn't fall or run to her child. "Why... why did you leave?" Her face and her voice reflect all the months of hurt and torment she'd subjected herself to in her wondering and searching. So many times she'd woken to nightmares of her children's battered, lifeless bodies. So many seasons she'd blamed herself for all of them leaving her alone in the Edge.

Tallis finally drops from the tree branch overhead to Evangeline's back and he stares at Uriel with beady black eyes. You better answer her. His gaze seems to say. You better have a damn good reason for ripping your mother's heart apart.

"."

Evangeline the Pure

i stood there waiting
hoping you would come around
but you always found a way to let me down

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Uriel

Messages In This Thread
Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 12-15-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Evangeline - 12-15-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 12-15-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Evangeline - 12-15-2015, 10:44 PM