Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
C
I
R
R
U
S
The reception Cirrus' question received was unexpected. Cirrus had spent time at a beach before, she had seen the shallows, the corals, the colourful fishes that roamed beneath the sea. She had watched cuttlefish change shape, octopi dazzle enemies, even delicate seahorses dance their mystical, wavy dance just beneath the waves - but she had never seen something like this. What kind of creature was she? From afar, she appeared as nothing more than a regular unicorn - perhaps with dazzling colours and markings, but to Cirrus, that was fairly ordinary. The cloudmare had grown up in Helovia - quirky was expected by the mare - but she had never seen something quite as fascinating as this.

The colours and lights that danced along the mare's body captivated her, though it was meant to scare her away. Cirrus only found herself watching, questioning, even growing amused as she understood the entire attitude of the mare. I wonder if we're related, she thought idly as she recalled stories of her own grand-dam, Naryl, the mare renowned for her temper (and nothing else).

Playful laughter chuckled about her gullet as she watched the mare flounder and decide she needed help - without a please or a thank you besides. With ease Cirrus grabbed her spear from within the folds of her wings, twirled it around her tongue a few times until only the wooden shaft end was proffered to the unicorn-fish. "Grab hold!" she said awkwardly around the wooden end she held (with the silver point pressing somewhere against her neck/shoulder region), waiting for the other to hold on with teeth so that Cirrus could help pull her out.

Teeth, particularly those bestowed to equine derivatives, were not really meant for tugging like this. Though, surprisingly, Cirrus was quite adept at using her spear and mouth in this way, for she had practised it ever since her father had passed, and left it for her to take as her own weapon. Once the other had a firm grasp, Cirrus could not help the smirk that tilted her maw, nor the urge to simply push the other mare back into the water - but Cirrus was not inherently cruel, no matter the demons that plagued her - she instead began to pull, her warrior's build causing her muscles to bunch and heels to dig into the ground. Wings spread, their generous span flapping to give even more strength to this great game of tug-o'-war - until suddenly, everything seemed to give, and the mare was out of the clutches of the slippery, muddy banks, while Cirrus was sitting back on her haunches with her spear still in her mouth.

Stashing the weapon back into the folds of her wings, the cloudmare found herself laughing as she sat like a great hound, laughing, with tears streaming down her face, wondering what in the four heavens of Helovia had just happened.
Image Credit

@Aquila
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    A fine glass of red - by Aquila - 12-15-2015, 10:17 PM
    RE: A fine glass of red - by Cirrus - 12-16-2015, 02:29 AM
    RE: A fine glass of red - by Aquila - 12-19-2015, 02:48 PM
    RE: A fine glass of red - by Cirrus - 12-19-2015, 09:09 PM