Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
ashamin
lochan
&rakt

So what about when Ashamin woke up?

When he woke up, it was pitch black. Ashamin suspected no one else was awake but his companion, who stared at him with a particular urgency. Stared, with those solid white eyes, as if the haruspex's oversleeping was causing him to miss a great event. There was something out there, didn't the painted buck know? There was something happening, and they could not be late.

Lochan led Ashamin first out of the cave, and then into the one adjacent. It was long and dark; its walls contained a narrow and winding corridor that was cold and seemed to take him nowhere. But Lochan was insistent, Lochan was overflowing with the knowledge that at its end, this tunnel would bring to him and the haruspex a new member, nay, beginning, of the family.

Every step Ashamin took was haunted by its echoes. Orangemoon was waning, Frostfall waxing, and almost a year had passed since he had arrived in Helovia. He walked taller, he walked braver, he walked stronger. His long tail did not drag, his soft heart did not sink. He pulsed with electricity, he burned with passions he had once never known. He was everything his father had wanted him to be, and so, now, he was ready for Rakt to join him in this life.

And there at the end of the hall; under the hole in the roof; in the light of a red aurora; beneath the watchful gaze of Orion's bloody nebula; pulsing with energy; burning with starlight; having named itself for the copper taste the haruspex knew so well; he was. Rakt, son of fire and light, broke free from his egg and steadied himself on four powerful, newborn legs.

Lochan's first painting of his brother was a long and formless slash of red acrylic, a permanent mark on Ashamin's mind. Lochan's first words to his brother, spoken in their shared tongue and hidden from Ashamin's mind, were these:

Is it really you?

And young as he was, as fresh as his milk teeth and un-budded his antlers, bloody red Rakt answered softly to the little eye, that yes. It was really him. With the stars shining down, the two brothers embraced. The elder yet smaller licked the wet from the newborn, and the bonded father of them both watched in awe.

Carefully Ashamin walked forward--carefully he joined in the moment. He looked over his new companion, felt the surge of a second, strong bond, and took in all that he could. The red fur, the majestic bulk of his body even at birth, the gold markings dripping from his eyes and down his chest that turned to stars on the sides of his thick coat: all of these made Rakt. When the young fawn shook away the wet, when he brayed and crushed the remains of his egg beneath his feet, gold and red stardust splattered from his coat like bloody light.

These were the things that made Rakt: these were start of their family.

""
image credits

@Rexanna

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

They moved as one, side by side, flanks pressed together, blue and onyx locks interwoven. Her seclusion, her reluctancy to socialize drew them closer. Now they new naught but the company of each other. Their minds so tightly entwined, so singular, that they almost lacked individuality. Their conversations were no longer one sided, and each could contribute intellectual ideas, but their thoughts were becoming indistinguishable.

Silence proved easier for them, and felt natural, especially in the mornings. Despite their seemingly singular mind, they still learned, even in silence. They learned they enjoyed the night, the stars, and how the ones that danced across the sky matched the ones entangled in her mane. They learned they liked the sunrise, watching the soft vermillion hues spill into seas of gold and azure. They grew into a habit of staying up late, rising early, and sleeping sporadically throughout the day. They learned mornings were seldom lively, but the opposite could be said of the night.

But this morning the air had a compelling awareness to it, one so bold that it was almost palpable. Their bodies were tingling, minds racing, though neither could explain why. They assumed it was just the quality of sleep they had gotten, or the alignment of the stars simply being in their favor. They did not consider the possibility of new life being welcomed into the world as the culprit, but when Altair spotted the egg shell of his horned brethren, they knew.

He stopped before she did, causing immediate confusion and discord on her end of the bond. She felt unsettled by the sudden shift in his mind, diverted from her own in a single, sweeping gaze. She faltered, her own mind scattering to find the continuity that his usually offered, but it was not there. Instead she found curiosity, tingling and edging into her own.

For the first time since their arrival in the Basin, they were individuals.

Her beast stalked forward, ignoring the tentative, anxious calls from his bonded to reach the deer. She followed reluctantly, jaded gaze flickering with jealousy and apprehension (who are you to take him from me? he is all I have). Altair was not bothered by her trivial, fragile mind, for his own was now vivid, awakened by the prospect of belonging.

He stopped a handful of lengths from the trio, silvery blue eyes wide and round. He had never met one like him before, at least, not one bound to the life of another. He assumed he was alone, the first and last, but peering upon the brothers, he realized he was wrong. He called to them, a tentative tone, one lined with intrigue and hope.

She closed the gap between her and her companion rapidly, with lengthy strides of her ebony pillars. Distrust shone in her eyes until she saw the two deer, tangled in each other's embrace, so fragile, so delicate. She softened, watching their interactions and reminiscing on when Altair had been that small. Slowly, the idea of turning their indistinguishable mind into, say, something more distinguishable didn't sound so horrible to her.

She laced her leonine tail in between her dark pillars, instinctively leaning into the side of her roan companion as she noticed the stallion, standing, watching over the deer. "Congratulations," She murmured, jaded gaze flicking anxiously from deer to stallion. She was afraid, afraid of him, afraid of his companions, afraid of what she might be interrupting, for she found bonds sacred and intimate. She had never hid behind the planets that orbited her head before, but in that moment, she considered it.

drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
& this'll be the first time in a week —
In my mind it had become official. The rendevous between Ashamin and I during our spar had resulted in something more intricate than what was supposed to be ever so simple in the end. I could feel the bump growing under my skin, my barrel grew slightly more swollen as the weeks passed, my energy began to drain ever so slightly and I was losing sleep. I knew I needed to talk to Ashamin about this, but I was frightened. I had lost my last child and I grew instantly protective over this one. I wasn't going to let anyone take it away from me. I had a feeling that Ashamin wouldn't do anything to harm me or the child, but after my last encounter I couldn't be too careful.

On the other hand, I realized that he needed to know. I tossed and turned in my sleep, waking to the dark chill of night with the aurora overhead and I realized that now was probably my best chance at meeting my Haruspex again. So I set off, in search for the creature I had no doubt was the father of my child. I took breaks when needed, but I made my way to the cave where I had hoped to spot the painted stag, but there was nothing. I did manage to catch a scent coming from the cave beside his, earks perked in curiosity as to what Ashamin would be doing inspecting a cave this late at night with no light.

I trudged on, though. Making my way down the long hallway-like corridor until I came across a new scent. A mare. I nearly stopped and turned around, coming back for another time where perhaps he was alone. No. I resulted in telling myself and went against my better judgement and joined the circle at the end. Eyes trailing the Unicorn mare with her companion - the same breed as Lochan. Then, I spotted the little cerndyr beside something else. I looked for Ashamin, the buck focused on the thing beside little Lochan. When I passed beside the mare, the little creature was in view. It was magical, beautiful, and I felt great happiness growing within me at the sight of this birth.

I moved forward, nodding my head to the mare briefly before stepping up to Ashamin, reaching my nose out to touch his neck gently. "He's beautiful, Ashamin. Congratulations." I spoke softly, offering him a genuine smile, the slight glow in my composure graced from the newly found pregnancy I held. In this moment, I had completely forgotten about my own family growing being completely distracted by the Haruspex's family that had just grown as well. I swiveled my cream colored head to the mare and the other cerndyr, smiling to them as well. "I don't believe we've met before. I'm Rexanna. It's a pleasure." I said gently, hoping that perhaps my intrusion wouldn't be considered rude.

I needed to feel Ashamin's touch and make sure that this was really happening. Everything had felt so dream-like, and I couldn't take any chances. I needed to make sure that Ashamin was by my side to give me the little confidence boost before speaking with the mare, pleased in my little jealous heart to know that the hatching of the egg had happened and that Ashamin wasn't planning on making his family even larger.

"Talk."
— that i'll talk to you,
and I can't speak.
image credits
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

ashamin
lochan
&rakt

So taken was the haruspex with the scene before him that he forgot others might have woken and come to call. The appaloosa mare sneaked up on him, and before he could turn to see or register her presence, she spoke.

Congratulations.

The haruspex stiffened at the word, startled by his sudden company, but did not turn to face her. He merely let his face angle slightly back, caught a glimpse of her with dark eyes, before turning his attentions completely back towards his two companions.

"Thank you," Ashamin answered dumbly. He was awestruck, not fully there or capable of forming any intelligent reply. "It means a lot," he went on quietly without really knowing if that were true. Did it? He didn't know her, this was frankly a private moment. Were it not for the curiosity of his two companions, who drifted silently towards hers, he might have ignored her entirely.

Ashamin had been with Lochan long enough to understand the way he moved, the way he painted. Everything Lochan saw through his eyes, the painted buck understood. But Rakt was different, Rakt was new. Already the haruspex was struggling to adjust with another field of vision in his mind, another series of marks and flashing colors. These were his new companion's feelings, the feelings one bore after birth. Eventually Ashamin did turn, following his companions with care, and watched as Rakt and Lochan drew closer to the third cerndyr in their presence.

And when he did, Rexanna was there.

His ears fell low, his heart jumped and stuttered. He hadn't expected to see her here. He certainly hadn't expected to see her like this. He thought of how he should have told the other mare his name, thought of how thankful he was that Rex did it for him. He thought about the fact that in his mind he had just called Rexanna Rex. Like she could ever be his like that, like...

No. That wasn't who she was.

"Rexanna," he breathed into the cold with a sigh. Was she? Was she really? Lochan turned back to his bonded, Rakt explored the soft fur of the older, gray companion in the room. Ashamin struggled to make sense of it, simply closed his eyes and took in her touch to his neck. "Thank you," he said again with dumb and drunken affection that he wasn't supposed to feel. And he didn't, not really. It wasn't like that, they weren't like that because they weren't anything.

That wasn't who he was. That wasn't who they were.

""
image credits

Clarification: It's night! Ashamin's up cause he is on Lochan's nocturnal schedule.
Tagged: @Frost Fyre @Rexanna ; no need to tag back, just poke on skype.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.

Her weight instinctually shifted to her hind legs upon seeing the stallion tense. Ebony ears flicked backwards, and her jaded gaze flicked to her cloven hooves. She tugged at her companion's mind, a silent plea to leave, to return to their seclusion, their harmony. She did not know who the painted stallion was, but she did not care to find out.

Let's go, Altair, we don't need to be here

Stop.

Her bonded's voice was sharp, pained, resonating in her mind forcefully. She almost fell backwards, the sheer weight the single word carried baffling her. She was at a complete loss, the muddled maiden finally silencing herself. She heard words fall from the lips of the stallion, but barely paid them any attention. She nodded in response, the movement slow and forced. She chose, instead, to watch the deer, a somber gleam muting the emerald of her pools.

Altair moved closer to the younger deer, eyes wide and round, reaching his nose out to sniff the pair. She watched the interactions, tearing her thoughts away from them only when a new mare entered the scene. Through her words spoken to the other stallion, she learned his name was Ashamin. When she addressed the muddled maiden, she learned her name was Rexanna.

The girl's features, despite being tired and somber, found a smile for the golden and cream mare. "I'm Frost Fyre and my companion is Altair," She stated softly, the smile upon her ebony lips soon fading as she looked away from Rexanna. Her gaze was fixated on her companion, the only friend she had.

How could she apologize for this? For her social incapabilities, for simply wanting to be alone?

For wanting to avoid being hurt again...

@Ashamin @Rexanna IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT ;~;
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

rexanna
The simple action of Ashamin’s response to my presence was surprising for me. He said my name and a thank you as my muzzle reached his velvet neck. When I pulled back and spoke with the other mare, I couldn’t help but to feel a bit of awkwardness as I tried to figure out how to tell the Haruspex the news while the other mare and her companion was here. I flickered my ears as I debated on what to do, but when the mare responded to me with a smile it seemed to grow on my own features as well. The smile I carried on my lips filled up into my eyes as well as my gaze drifted to the two companions. I struggled to figure out how to make small talk without being completely obvious. My sides were slightly swollen and if you hadn’t known any better you’d just consider it bloating of some sort.

Deep down, I thought that Ashamin knew already though. If it weren’t for this I probably wouldn’t have seen him so soon again. We seemed to have spurts in our friendship of going without speaking for quite some time only to result in meeting for things that resulted in our jobs. It was sad, really. I knew that I should have visited him more often but it grew difficult to find the time as there were places to see, people to meet, people to hopelessly fall in love with only to get heartbroken in the end. Perhaps this would prove to be different as time moved on. If the foal made it, perhaps we’d grow closer as friends – that is if he wanted such a thing – and maybe one day something more. Or it could completely backfire. The child could completely ruin our relationship, but neither of us would know until it happened. My heart yearned for a living child with true parents, unlike my own upbringing.

So then I turned to Ashamin, eyes tearing away from Lochan and the two other cerndyr. I held jealousy in the back of my mind since I had increasingly felt more and more alone, but it continually washed away with the new life within my barrel. “There’s something I need to talk to you about…” I began, briefly cutting it short from remembering the first time I had come to Ashamin for advice. This time, I came as a friend with something we carried in common. Before, I came as a hopeless romantic confused about which path to take. This path was one that was unexpected, but one that I hoped I didn’t have to walk alone.

"Talk."
— that i'll talk to you,
and I can't speak.
image credits

@Frost Fyre

ashamin
lochan
&rakt

Overall, "dumb" was a good word to describe the haruspex just then. He was shocked into silence, watching with a hangdog expression as events simply happened around him. The mare introduced herself and her companion; Ashamin realized with shock that though somehow in his heart he knew his second companion's new name, he'd never spoken it.

So "this is Lochan," he said in reply. "And this is Rakt. It's a pleasure." And though he may have been struck into idiocy it was a pleasure. It hurt in some ways, with Rexanna there and perhaps the solitude of the intimate moment taken from him and his bonded pair, but it was a pleasure. He was in a herd filled with love, with those who would come to moments like these and fill them with the kindness of friendship.

It was Rexanna who caught his attention then. His two companions looked up at her--Lochan with recognition and Rakt with a vague interest, as if he already knew all he needed to know about her--and Ashamin found himself doing the same. His white tail curled anxiously as she told him she needed to talk. About what, their last meeting? Certainly not with another here...

"Of course," he said in a quiet, shy sort of whisper to the golden mare. And then, with a turn towards Frost Fyre, "could you give us a moment? My cave is next door, with the scorpion outside. If you make yourself comfortable I can meet you there, it would be good to learn more about another addition to this herd."

His black gaze sought out Rexanna's blue one, and he remembered how her eyes had made him feel. Passionate, maybe. Caught up in some old memories of death and wanting. She had been to him everything he had needed, everything he had missed. Was she still?

""
image credits

She nodded, the gesture slow, but fleeting, her eyes flicking between the two cerndyr as he introduced them. She smiled out of social necessity, and moved her slender pillars closer together, trying to make herself seem smaller, and smaller, till she would diminish into nothing but a few lingering stars.

"The pleasure is all mine," she murmured, though their was a truth to her words, her leonine tail still entwined anxiously around her hind legs, slipping around the pillars in a snake-like fashion. If there wasn't a lengthy tuft of hair at the end of her tail, she supposed it would look like a snake. And maybe it would slither away.

She kept herself entertained with thoughts of slithering tails and fading planets till she was addressed once more. She fought the urge to dismiss herself entirely, for her companion was intrigued by deer and stallion alike, eager to learn more of the trio. If she did not have a companion herself, she would likely not have been present at this gathering in the first place.

But she did have a companion, and he wanted to stay. "Of course," She responded, trying to dip at least an ounce of jovial tune into her lyrics, but it was difficult for her to do so. And so when she turned away from the sun colored mare and blood stained stallion, her facade diminished, features falling into her strangulated emotions.

She walked with her head held low, emerald gaze fixated on the cave ahead. Her tail instinctively reached for Altair, to stroke his shoulder and lean into his silvery coat. But her slithering tail did not find her companion, for he lingered a length behind, too ecstatic to cope with the mare's thoughts. Even when she slipped silently into the cave, the pair was disjointed, speaking no words and sharing no thoughts.

@Rexanna

Dawn is coming
open your eyes

rexanna
I watched the deer in silence as Ashamin spoke in a reply to me. It seemed shy and almost awkward and it only influenced my anxiety more. I shifted my weight in an uncomfortable stance as he spoke to Frost Fyre, my gaze locked down on the two deer that had just shared such an intimate moment. Lochan and Rakt. The names were beautiful, and I began to hope that perhaps our child would carry a name just as fitting. After Ashamin had spoken to the horned mare and her companion, I felt his gaze land on me. Lifting my head and ripping my gaze from the beautiful moment before me, I turned and looked to him, a light full of what had been passion from the last meeting was now replaced with almost complete awkwardness. I couldn’t hold his gaze for very long, and was thankful as the mare that had joined us obliged to Ashamin’s question. As she and her companion left the cave, I found my eyes landing on Ashamin once more.

I – I’m not sure how to tell you this, but I spent a majority of the time since our last meeting making sure I wasn’t hallucinating anything. It seems to be true, and I just want to say before I tell you that I hope this changes nothing between us. I hope tha – that you’ll stay beside me for it. I can’t do it alone.” I stuttered, eyes falling from his body to watch the deer once again. “It seems your family is about to grow even bigger, Ashamin.” A weak smile found my lips as I lifted my heavy horned cranium to let my blue gaze catch his pools of black in contrast. “I’m carrying your child.” My words ended in more of a hushed whisper, almost as if I was afraid to tell him.

I remembered the burning gaze that held mine during our spar, the bloodthirsty warrior that had fought me just outside these caves. I remembered the fear I felt in my heart at the scene, and yet the happiness and lust that had occurred from the bloody battle. I was healed now, but I ended up taking one thing away from it. A new life. My ears perked to him, posture suggesting that I would leave if he wanted me to. The only thing I wanted was companionship during this, considering how the last one turned out. I wouldn’t let anything come between me and this child growing healthy. I was stronger now, smarter now, I could protect myself us. So there I stood, in silence as I studied his faze awaiting a reaction.

"Talk."
— that i'll talk to you,
and I can't speak.
image credits

ashamin
lochan
&rakt

Everything happened very quickly, then. He swallowed the bitter pill of anxiety, stared out into the dark beyond the cave and watched helplessly as his one chance of not talking about whatever this was left the cave. Ashamin wanted to follow Frost Fyre, to fill the night with idle chatter about anything but this. With Rexanna came weight, came heavy responsibility and reminders of the past. There were things the haruspex had done, there were things he had seen and mares he had touched, felt, loved, no wait, just one, it was her, Rexanna, just her.

He had loved her. In some way that Ashamin hadn't expected, he'd found love in one night with Rexanna. She had, for a moment, maybe been his thief. But she wasn't any longer. Even now as he stood watching her, even now with the eyes of his companions watching her too, Ashamin knew that.

She was talking. She was saying words, eyes cast down then up then looking into his. She was trying to tell him something but all he was thinking of was the fact that she was gone, she was slipping away, what they had would never come back to him and maybe it shouldn't, maybe that was better.

Maybe he would be better off alone. Maybe he didn't need her, maybe they would look at each other and turn away and walk and then miles and miles would fill the space between them. Their connection would become a broken tether, harsh winds would billow through what was left of who they had been as a pair and he would be alone again.

No. In all his fearful dreaming, he had lost sight of what she was really saying. Blood red splashed in his mind and he turned sharply to see Rakt watching him with cold, gold eyes. Ashamin's ears turned forward as she asked him to stay by her side, insisted she couldn't be alone.

But didn't he need to be alone? Hadn't he been alone so long, hadn't he survived like that in the cold long Frostfall of his father's death?

No. A faint black painting appeared in his mind, Lochan's insistence paired with white unblinking eyes. Move closer, the look said. Be there for her. She's going to tell you something important, you're going to need to listen.

So Ashamin stepped closer as the last words slipped from her lips, and he knew with a shock that his whole world would change forever. She was carrying his child. She was going to be a mother. He was going to be a father.

Of course.

"Rexanna..." he whispered, his nose seeking out the velvet of her tulip ears, "...I..."

They were going to do this together. It was stupid to ask if she was sure, if it was really true. His companions' steady gazes told him that, her instinct told her that, and he wasn't going to hold any doubt. He believed it. As the tears welled in his eyes, as the hope of a child rose in his heart, he believed everything. Perhaps the fear would come later, the doubt would return in time, but right then he didn't care. Rexanna was before him, and he needed to speak.

"I would never leave you. Never before, and never after this. You're my friend, you're my..." he searched for the word, pulling his face away as he realized that she wasn't in any way belonging to him, and exhaled with joy. "I'm going to be your partner in this. And nothing has ever made me happier than this chance to raise a child with one of the kindest mares I've ever known." But did he love her like the world would want him to? Did he expect her to ever be more than a friend? Was she his?

No. She didn't need to be.

""
image credits

@Rexanna
@Frost Fyre

rexanna
He stepped closer to me and for mere moments I felt like shriveling up. His breath crossed my face as his velveteen muzzle reached toward my ears, ears that were twitching and flickering with nervousness. I wasn’t sure what he planned on saying, but part of me urged it to be good. And just like that, his voice reached my ears again, blue eyes dancing up to catch his own blackened ones. I noticed tears begin to swell in his beautifully sculpted face. Tears of happiness of dread, I wasn’t sure at first. But I felt mine begin to water with the idea that maybe he wasn’t happy. All I ever wanted for my fellow herdmates were happiness. And now I felt tired and exhausted thinking that perhaps I had done everything against what I wanted for them.

The air changed, however. He began to speak such hopeful words that I couldn’t even completely acknowledge all at once. “I would never leave you.” His words caused hope to spring into my chest, my watering eyes watching him as my lips that had found themselves into a frown began to grow into a small smile. As he finished speaking, I could barely contain anything within me. I reached for him then, searching to press my ivory nose into the thick of his mane to embrace him. Tears beginning to shed, heart pounding like a drum. “I – I know it’s not ideal. But if there were anyone I’d be willing to endure this with, its you Ashamin.” My words fluttered with late excitement. I began to think of Tembovu and how I would have given anything to have his child as well, but to me it seemed that time had come and gone. So instead, here I was. Standing next to my Haruspex. The fact that he now knew of our child made things easier on me. A weight lifting. “It’s going to be difficult for me. Because of my past I have a lot of, well, fear when it comes to pregnancy. Please bear with me through it, I only mean the best.” I admitted, knowing deep down that this child would be a product of both thievery and divinity. Perhaps the gods would put the best of both our worlds into a beautiful bundle of joy.

"Talk."
— that i'll talk to you,
and I can't speak.
image credits

ashamin
lochan
&rakt

The haruspex listened with care as Rexanna explained her hesitation, shared her fear so openly that Ashamin almost shared her trepidation. But for the moment he was confident, all doubts and fears that would come with time were banished to the back of his mind. Lochan seemed to sense the gravity of their conversation, that much was clear, and so when Rexanna had finished speaking the small cerndyr lifted himself and moved towards his bonded and his mate in friendship. Rakt, still new, followed behind sleepily but dutifully. Together, the three bucks circled the pregnant mare to give her comfort. Whenever she needed them, they would be there.

"I understand, Rexanna," Ashamin said with a quiet nod to her past. Shadows of lives before could be heavy, drawn with darker lines than anything cast by the future. But he would be there. "We can do this, though. The two of us can make a great team," he added to assure her (and maybe subconsciously himself) although there really was no doubt. Who would be better to raise a child than two friends in the haruspex and thief?

Ashamin looked through shadow and back towards the tunneling cave entrance, his eyes searching and wondering if the mare had really gone to his own home. He breathed out, watched the puff of white swirl in the stillness and settle beneath his chest. "I should return to my cave," Ashamin suggested with a soft smile, "but I'm glad you told me this, and we can talk about it more soon. If you'd like, you can come back with me and we can share the news or meet again some other time."

He looked at her seriously then as he stepped forth to leave, and turned to look back."Do what you need to do, Rexanna," he said kindly, excitement bubbling inside of him. I'll be here, he thought as he exited one cave and turned to quickly enter his own, with his two companions in tow.

""
image credits

@Rexanna @Frost Fyre