about to crumble down [open]

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
Isi
And Adella
. . .
Adella kept on ahead as I evened my pace, growing ever tired at the walk I had decided to make. The threshold seemed large, much larger than I remembered it being last, but it could be thanks to the growing boredom I felt threatened to suffocate me. Well not quite suffocate, as Adella would point out, but it made my legs feel heavy and the desire grew to stop for a break--or a nap.
The idea almost took hold of me completely until a greeting sound reached my ears, coming from a rather close distance. I snapped my head toward the noise and quickly wondered why the dragon hadn't told me someone was nearby. Had she really gone that far ahead of me?

I slowed my movements but didn't yet stop, unsure of whether I would be approached or if the call had even been for me. I didn't have to wait long, though, as the distinguishable steps told me that someone was indeed coming to me. Finally. And when they broke through the clearing in the trees I kept myself still, returning the warm smile he gave me. I listened to him with ears at rapt attention, nostrils flaring and taking in the wonderful smell that belonged to anyone but me. It was incredible, the instant effect of being in another's presence had on me. It felt right.
The name of the Throat rung hushed bells, a place I surely knew existed when here before. But never had it been visited, and I can't remember the reason why anymore. It didn't matter after all, for being back meant that the opportunity was open once again.

I nodded my head in hello, acknowledging the fact that he was at least two species I was not. The wings and horn he adorned were impressive, and I felt a slight pang at never knowing what flying would feel like. It passed abruptly, however, as I introduced myself. "My name is Isi. From... the threshold, it would seem." I gazed curiously at him. Adella? Come back. I searched for her through our bond but she was either distracted or too far away to reach. I shrugged my shoulders and explained, "And I have a dragon companion who seems to be missing." I would have to wait until my earthly friend turned back to find me, so I cocked a hoof to rest while looking back to my company.
"Perhaps you could fill me in on this place while we head toward the exit?" I knew the way around here, of course, as I rarely forgot the places I have been before, but I would first see if he would be interested in guiding me while I relearned about the land I left.
... if my yesterday is a disgrace,
tell me that you still recall my name
/ image

@Ilios <33
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Messages In This Thread
about to crumble down [open] - by Isi - 12-17-2015, 12:28 AM
RE: about to crumble down [open] - by Ilios - 12-17-2015, 05:13 AM
RE: about to crumble down [open] - by Isi - 12-21-2015, 05:28 PM
RE: about to crumble down [open] - by Ilios - 01-01-2016, 02:18 AM
RE: about to crumble down [open] - by Isi - 01-18-2016, 07:33 PM