the Rift

Spread my wings and I'll fly away [Open to be claimed]

Einem Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The blackened beast moved like a shadow over the land, the white of his face and feathers nearly the only signs of his motions. Hoofbeats were near silent, wings spread out as though preparing to fly. Short, cropped looking mane was blowing as much as it could behind him, and matching tail did the same. He slowed down as he reached the cleared area, lope slowing to a gallop, then a trot, then a lightly bouncing walk. Once spread out wings moved to close in around the body of the inky equine, fading into the shadows of the night. The moon was hung high, offering light slivers of bluish glow over the land, highlighting the whites upon the still slowly moving Pegasus. Eventually, the thudding sounds of his heavy footfalls faded away, and he was standing tall against the trees.

Despite his near menacing appearance, the boy had nothing but kindness to offer to his new land. Though he was not a native, and though he was not a preacher, he was a helpful boy, and sought to go where he was needed. Granted, he used quite a loose definition of "needed", but he felt that this home might mark a good time in his life. He was always eager to tell of his ways, eager to see if others may buy into it. (None had yet, but that did not surprise him.) Even if wars and battles raged around him, he was there to help the healers, there to help any who wish to evade the violence come along. He'd done it before, after all--why should here be any different?

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

The sooty brute winded his way through the barren trees. Dark nostrils took in the scent of the familiar forest, though it was always laced with the foreign scents of strangers. He often felt like a shepherd of sorts, ushering lost souls out of the wilderness. Not all those who wandered through the Threshold were friendly enough to accept help of any kind, of course. Some just wanted to go on as loners and leave thoughts of herds behind. So the great draft only offered what information he could to those who needed it while he patrolled, and hoped to avoid any tiresome, hostile strangers.

Usually, it was mares he found, often scared little doves, terrified of his towering height and scarred blond hide. Frequently equines, though he had met some of each species here at least once. Tonight, the light and airy scent of unknown pegasus drifted on the cold air. Surprisingly, the smell was distinctly masculine. Bringing himself into a collected trot, Leander let his gaze search the snowy night. Soon enough, he spotted a winged form moving in the distance. "Hello there!" Deep tones rang out to the stranger as he got closer. Bronze orbs looked over the stallion. The stud was a bit shorter than himself, but by no means short, and appeared to be around his own age. Suppressing the small touch of adrenaline that accompanied meeting a strange and possibly hostile stallion, he offered an introduction. "I am Leander, a Warrior of the Dragon's Throat. Are you lost, sir?" A polite dip of the crown and respectful tones greeted.

Unregistered
The inky boy turned towards the vocals as they called to him, bright black eyes facing the other with some shock. At this time of night, he'd hardly expected to be greeted, figuring he'd sleep off the day's travels and find more permanent refuge the next morning. So, he was somewhat surprised when the tannish horse appeared. Another pegasus, addressing him politely. He was a light, sandy, pale shade of tan, with a snowy white over his mane and tail and muddy brown wings. A bit taller than Einem was, but the blacker man was never one to be intimidated. He'd gotten quite good at running off.

He responded to the other's nod with another of his own. "Wandering, not lost, sir. My name is Einem Edgecomb, and forgive me, but I do not believe I am familiar with the Dragon's Throat?" A location, perhaps? A name of a herd? (Although it wasn't quite like any herd's name that Einem had encountered before.)

Hidden Account
Epona
L E A N D E R

Leander only smiled in the moonlight as the stallion corrected him. The dark stranger seemed friendly enough, at least not appearing to be looking for trouble. It was still an eery thing, to be alone in the dark snowy night with someone you didn't know. Yet the twilight was peaceful, less hectic than the bustle of day. Stepping into a larger patch of lunar rays, the sandy charger spoke. "Ah, then you must be new to Helovia. It's a pleasure to meet you, Einem. The Dragon's Throat is the herd where I reside. It is one of only three herds in this land." One feathered hoof tipped as he fell into a more relaxed stance. "I patrol these woods often, looking to offer a home to wanderers like yourself. The Dragon's Throat would gladly welcome you, if you desire a herd. You can also learn some valuable skills within the Throat. The positions of Medic, Scholar, Artisan's Apprentice, Sleuth, and Soldier are always open." Gazing kindly into the dark eyes of Einem, Leander went on. "I do not know as much about the other two herds, but I will tell you what I know of them, if you like." Speaking of the other herds was a generality which some recruiters would not be so kind to give. But he did not mind telling newcomers of all the herds, for it was only right for them to know their choices before pledging themselves to any group.

Unregistered
As the tanner boy finished his speech, Einem paused to consider. Joining a herd would be beneficial, would it not? And Leander seemed quite kind. Dragon's Throat--judging by the name--was not the most peaceful of communities. He did hear the term "medic" though. Although his healing prowess was quite limited, he knew the basics, and was sure that someone there could demonstrate the rest. What better use for him could there be than healing?

"If you think you'll have use for me, I'll join you as a Medic. I admit now my skills are limited, but I can learn anything you need me to." Einem was nothing if not honest, and if they didn't have use for him, he could find somewhere else. In his experience, there was never a territory as large as this one appeared that didn't have somewhere that needed a peacemaker.

Hidden Account
Epona
L E A N D E R

The stranger was certainly quite thoughtful, it seemed. As the dark stag mulled over his invitation, Leander wondered how his detailed description of the Throat must have sounded. He sometimes felt silly giving it, for it always seemed strange to him that wanderers would go so willingly to join a herd they'd never seen before. He himself had flown into the Dragon's Throat and asked for acceptance. But then, he was more forward than some. That time seemed so far away, after all he'd been through recently. Now he was a more seasoned Throat soldier. His loyalty to the herd had grown immensely since the day he'd joined.

White traced pools fell back to the stallion as he accepted the offer. "We would certainly have use for you. I'm sure you will broaden your healing skills quickly. In fact, you may even be able to get started right away." Dawning his usual warm grin, the palomino turned slightly before glancing back again at the gent. "If you'd like, we can head back to the Throat now." The elated feeling of having been able to show a home to someone who'd needed it was always a joy. And the need for Medics now, after the battle with the Unicorns of the Edge, would be great. There was no doubt in his mind that Einem would make a useful healer.

[ooc: You can go ahead to the Throat and post in the Ranks: Updates & Specializations thread to update Einem's rank to Medic. You can also go to the Edge and join Einem into the Medics Tent thread, if you want him to get some Medic experience ;} And if you want to have Leander and Einem meet up again at some point, just let me know!]

Unregistered

Einem Edgecomb
"I believe I can soar"

A cheery nod of the head and a warm smile were the only responses that the inky man planned to give. He made a small gesture with his wing, a 'lead on' sort of motion, and waited patiently for the tanner boy to lead on. And when the tanner boy followed this request, Einem tailed along eagerly. He couldn't say he was any less than elated to be making use of himself now--since his previous years of simply wandering aimlessly, the idea of a commitment to a group seemed daunting. Yet, a good kind of daunting.

He moved fluidly, tired from his days travelled and eager to discover his new home.

Exit Einem

OOC || Sweet, thanks! :) Also, I'm making the assumption that Leander led him back. If you disagree/want me to change it, just let me know.