the Rift

[OPEN] Drowning on Land

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
A small frown creased the black skin around his cobalt eyes as the bay stallion began to speak again, enumerating things he could not do, rather than say what he, in fact, could. His small frown was not from disappointment in the self-proclaimed lack of skills, it was from him being perturbed at the self-doubt from which such statements stemmed. Thick lips pressed together lightly, until his face smoothed at Caenan’s statement of being a Protector. His great headed nodded in a mixture of approval and agreement— for even in the bay’s thin state, he was still a well built stallion. A cream ear flicked sideways; perhaps his first words stemmed for plain truth, rather than self-deprecation. It, also, did not escape the mind of the King that there were woefully few Protectors that existed within the Edge.

Then a silence fell between the pirate and the King. Tembovu was tempted to break it, to ask more of this ocean wet man. But there was something in his uncertainty, something in the emerald eyes that sought and met his own, navy gaze, that made him wait in silence.

His patience was rewarded when Caenan saying his name— with a notable lack of royal pretext. Usually, the Elephant didn’t note or care if any referred to him as ‘King’ (in fact, it often made him uncomfortable for others to use his title). However, there was something in the man’s hard gaze, that brought his barren name to his attention.

But he said nothing, allowing the dark bay to continue speaking, more refreshing honesty spilling in his strangely cadenced and accented voice. “I am an Outcast to the core, but I long for friends and family…I will stop at nothing to defend them.” The giant cocked his great head to the side as the cutlass-horned said words that seemed contradictory— at least to the antelope-marked. A small grin crossed over his pale muzzle, “‘Long for family and friends’? Your words don’t sound like those of an Outcast to me, Caenan,” he is low voice rumbled.

“I do not believe you would regret accepting me.” His brows raised as he bowed, was all this speech a prologue and mental preparation? His broad grin grew to a smile, “I do not believe so, either— but do not make a doubter of me.” An amused sternness crossed his face as his bass rolled. “Nyx is the General of our herd. Rohan is our Sergeant, also above you. You may find them, and other Protectors, for drills and spars. Take care of the cliffs. It’s a long drop to the sea, even if you enjoy the salty water,” eyes glanced to the wetness of his coat as he paused, thinking if he had anything more to say, “Welcome to the Protector ranks of the Edge.”
Tembovu
The Elephant King
image | code by Avis

@Caenan this felt very discombobulated to write. I'm not sure why. Anyway, I'll go ahead and change his rank! :]

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Drowning on Land - by Caenan - 12-23-2015, 01:49 AM
RE: Drowning on Land - by Tembovu - 12-23-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Drowning on Land - by Caenan - 12-28-2015, 01:14 AM
RE: Drowning on Land - by Tembovu - 12-31-2015, 07:46 PM