the Rift

[OPEN] Stealing Charm

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane 
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain 
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan's eyes sparkled at the sight of another being so quick to come to his aid. In that simple moment Naerys healed some of the distress that had anchored itself so deeply in the stallion's heart. Whether she knew it or not the filly had intertwined their lives in one simple meeting. Caenan would be whatever the pegasus needed him to be; friend, protector, anything. As long as he lived she would have no foe.

Naerys' closeness sent the breeze to tugging the smell of her around him. Her scent was different than his. It was like the smell of flowers tossed about by a lazy spring day. If Caenan's scent was a shout Naerys' was a whisper. But there was still a taste of salty air on her that made him feel as though they had something in common. 

"Most recently I battled one of the Rift Gods," his demeanor chilled at the thought. Caenan was already skeptical of any with such control over others and nothing angered him more than one gifted with power abusing it. "I helped to fell the bear but it is what cost me my health."  He winced inwardly as he told her. What would one who grew flowers at her hooves think of another with blood upon theirs? The princess and the pirate; both from the same tale but certainly they belonged on different pages rather than the one they wrote together.

"Whenever I said I had been on an adventure I s'pose I should 'ave said I am on one. It will be my grandest one yet. And you are a part of it." He nudged her and laughed. It was a movement that would have been fitting shared between two stallions. It was a touch out of place between Caenan and Naerys but she struck him as one that would not take well to being treated as if she were as fragile as the flowers sprouting around her hooves. "I am considering joining a herd." He sighed audibly at the thought. "And princess," his smile was hesitant, "I fear my hooves being planted in one place of living."

"My, the Edge of the world? You have come far. It is I who am honored."Caenan threw his head back in laughter. He felt positively giddy. She was from the herd he had been considering. If he was going to really go through with joining a herd it would be a relief to have a friendly face there among the others. "Naerys, I have a feelin' that those hooves of yours could go for many more adventures before they tire." He flashed his easy smile again, "But should you need it I would accompany you whilst you rest. I offer my shoulder to lean upon, M'lady."

The pirate blinked at her and the gift she offered. His emeralds rose to meet her eyes of teal. "This is the first gift someone has given me in a very long time." It was no wonder that the flowers came to peacefully rest at Naerys' hooves, she had a rare sort of kindness. He dropped his head and suddenly spoke with a much softer voice, "Would you place it in my mane?" Caenan looked up at her from under his lashes. It was an almost mare-like expression that rested oddly on the roguish stallion. Caenan was not accustomed to being given gifts and he suddenly felt timid; he had no idea how to react.

@Naerys sorry that this took ages to post. Caenan wanted to go on for days.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Stealing Charm - by Caenan - 12-17-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: Stealing Charm - by Naerys - 12-18-2015, 02:17 AM
RE: Stealing Charm - by Caenan - 12-19-2015, 02:36 AM
RE: Stealing Charm - by Naerys - 12-23-2015, 03:37 AM
RE: Stealing Charm - by Caenan - 12-27-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: Stealing Charm - by Naerys - 01-19-2016, 03:16 AM